It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precursor of Zechariah 14:4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
www.emsc-csem.org...

Click on "Interactive" to get a better idea of the location of this earthquake.

Mi cha el
edit on 1-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

you have to explain what your thread is pertaining to in order for us to understand your point.

there was an earthquake...ok....and?

can u explain?.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Michael Cecil,

Just a quick thought on that, it's sure big earthquakes are coming and may be one to happen in that region and I'm sure they have reason to believe so. We are in the closing time I am sure.

For me I see Zech. 14:4 when He is bringing the New Jerusaleum, Holy City down and is preparing a place for her to sit. However it looks like to me that is after this earth has been decimated a thousand yrears and Satan is chained here. Jer. 4:23 on gives a picture of that time. Also I see that the feast of tabernacles is to be observered that is not observed today. Zech. 14:16

Just a thought.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Interesting find, but if this earthquake was God's 'feet' shouldn't the Mount of Olives have split in two like it says in the rest of the verse?
zch14:4 "In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south."

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Interesting find, but if this earthquake was God's 'feet' shouldn't the Mount of Olives have split in two like it says in the rest of the verse? zch14:4 "In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south."

Well, it depends upon how you choose to understand the term "feet" in the first place.

Is it to be understood in a literal and/or 'logical' sense, or is it to be understood in a poetic sense?

[Notice that Jesus was on the Mount of Olives after the Last Supper (waiting for an earthquake?).]

Both Jews and Muslims repudiate the personification of the Creator as a "monstrous blasphemy".

Thus, any reference to "His feet" was and is understood by both the prophets and the Jewish religious 'authorities' as being merely figurative or poetic language. (And it is for this reason, for example, that the submarines of the Christian countries on this planet have not been tasked with looking for the "beast of the sea" from Revelations 13:1: such a term is not to be understood literally, merely figuratively.)

Only the Christian idolators will interpret this as a reference to the actual feet of Jesus.

In other words, the very occurrence of this earthquake in and of itself will be understood as a direct intervention of God Himself as signified by the phrase "His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives".

This does not refer to a literal person.

Mi cha el

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to the second coming of Christ, however that WOULD make sense. (I pray everyday for him to come!)

But more what I am trying to say by quoting that scripture is that if it was zech 14 then wouldn't the area around Jerusalem split in two like it says in the verse?

Or maybe it will, just not immediately.

edit on 1-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by freedish because: tired

edit on 1-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish I wasn't referring to the second coming of Christ, however that WOULD make sense. (I pray everyday for him to come!)

Uhhhh….

I don’t know exactly how to tell you this.

But, if you really ‘think’ that the “His” of the Book of Zechariah 14:4 refers to Jesus, then there are a few things that you really need to understand about the relationship between the Sadducee-Zionists and Jesus.

If the Sadducee-Zionists got word that Jesus was walking toward the Mount of Olives, they would contact their puppets in the government of the Israel and demand that the Mount of Olives be declared a “Close Military Zone”.

The Mount of Olives would be surrounded by trenches, barbed-wire, and Merkavah (of course) tanks with either dozens or hundreds of machine guns pointing in all directions to prevent just such an occurrence.

Or, if Jesus tried to return “riding a white horse out of the sky”, that image would (out of courtesy, I suppose) first be reported by the Vatican’s telescope; it would then be forwarded to the Sadducee-Zionist rabbis of the Israel; and those rabbis would then order the IDF, through their political puppets, to scramble every single F-15, F-16, F-22 and F-35; and every single helicopter gunship of the IAF; and activate every anti-aircraft battery, and ABM missile system in order to prevent that.

And the anti-Zionist, Pharisee rabbis of the Neturei Karta—and the membership of the Jewish Voice for Peace and Young, Jewish and Proud—would NOT interfere.

Mi cha el

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Good luck preventing the return of Jesus. Indeed Revelations tells us they will try to stop him using all the military forces of the world. China will send an army of 200 million marching towards Jerusalem. All the worlds military vs the messiah and the resurrected saints. Guess who wins that battle?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders Good luck preventing the return of Jesus.

You haven't been paying attention.

The religious 'authorities' already have prevented that...

Through their repudiation, contradiction and even demonization of the Revelation of the "resurrection" and the revelation of the memories of previous lives. And they have been assisted mightily in their efforts by a compliant mainstream, alternative, and Internet media as well as Wikipedia.

Indeed Revelations tells us they will try to stop him using all the military forces of the world.

Not really.

You are mixing apples and elephants here.

All the worlds military vs the messiah and the resurrected saints. Guess who wins that battle?

What matters is HOW?

Will Jesus just "ZAP the wicked" like Jack Van Impe says?

HOW will he "ZAP" the wicked?

That's what I would like to know.

Mi cha el

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

"From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them"- Revelation ch20 v11
That would do the job.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

"From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them"- Revelation ch20 v11
That would do the job.

The charitable name for this would be "magical 'thinking'"...

Just like the "magical 'thinking'" by which you have managed to convince yourself to worship a 'God' created in the image of the 'thinker' on the assumption that the 'thinker' is fully capable of understanding the Revelations received from the Creator God; the God of Revelation.

To you, it is the 'God' created in the image of the 'thinker' that is God.

The thoughts of that 'thinker'-'God' are, to you, 'Revelations' which are no different than the thoughts of the 'thinker'.

The 'prophets' of that 'thinker'-'God' are, to you, those who have received 'Revelations'; only those with Ph.D.s and advanced degrees...

Which means that no thought of the 'thinker'-'God' can ever be contradicted by Revelations (conveyed in metaphor, symbol, parable and poetry) received from the Creator God; the God of Revelation...

Which means that anyone who attempts to do so is, according to some 'prophets' of the 'thinker'-'God', a heretic or an infidel; and, according to other 'prophets' of the 'thinker'-'God', a "paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur".

And a huge blood-sacrifice to this 'thinker'-'God' is what all of these 'prophets' of the 'thinker'-'God'--and their accomplices in the media and in politics and the military--are preparing for this civilization; something referred to in the Prophecies of the Creator God as the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel; who, similarly, was no 'thinker' and did not worship any 'God' created in the image of the 'thinker' (see the Book of Daniel 11:36-38); having received both the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the "resurrection". (The 'god of fortresses' is echoed in "the fortress will open on to Endless Space" from the Thanksgiving Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls. That is, the thoughts of the 'thinker'-'God' are exclusively for the purpose of preserving the "fortress"--that is, the 'spatiality'--of the consciousness of the "self"; that is, the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the "beast of the sea".)

Mi cha el
edit on 4-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: clarification & add reference to Daniel 11:36-38

edit on 4-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add commentary on the 'god of fortresses'

top topics

join