It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette dub their conjectured object "Tyche"

So according to the article, the guys at berkly are giving up on the notion of Nemisis, and now we have some fellows from UL cranking up a new search for what they are going to call Tyche. And they are saying that if WISE didn't pick up the Black sun then it will be years till they will have sats in place to try again...............

jeeez

***** " Hey guys we need more crap this way, the fans are getting low over here" *****

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Ok … I had posted this previously .. But, will happily post again!

Ok Lets start with the most common Pro- Nibiru (I love that Microsoft Word Doesn’t recognize “Nibiru” That’s all the proof I need! Jking)

1) “Nibiru could exist” –
Let me be very clear when I say IMPOSSIBLE! Nibiru is said to have a elliptical orbit. This would be impossible. This orbit would be highly unstable. Eventually the planet would move into a circular orbit becoming part of our “normal” solar system, or fly off into space. This is just how it goes.

2) Allot of astronomers believe that Planet X exists!! –
Ok for over a hundred years allot of astronomers believed that there could be another planet. Here was their error – They didn’t have the orbits of the outer planets correct. Now it is known that there is nothing strange about their orbit and the calculations add up perfectly.

3) NASA has photos of planet X –
Nope!!! IRAS satellite in 1983 spotted something unexplained, that eventually was revealed to be a very distant galaxy. But the MSM spread that NASA had found a tenth planet.

4) “The Russians have photos from the Norlock project ” –
HOAX HOAX HOAX – This has been proven without a doubt to be a hoax. Anyone can search this and find that it has been proven to be false!

5) “The sky is falling, look at all of the volcanic activity!!!!” –
BS – Planet X would only have a tiny faction of the gravitational effects that Jupiter has. Likewise Jupiter only has a tiny fraction of the gravitational pull that the moon and sun exert on our planet daily!

6) There is an extinction level event every 3600 years –
WRONG! They originally thought it was 26 to 32 million years… Then it was discovered that there was no pattern at all – The key point here is… They weren’t even looking into Planet X – They were looking into Nemesis – “A twin sun” - Yes 3600 years ago a volcano erupted (thera)– but these happen all the time.

I am going to end here and ask you to show me your proof and I will dispute it. I have done enough of my own research for myself. I believe with 100% certainty that I had a momentary lapse of reason when I thought that it “MIGHT” exist.

edit on 12/1/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

I suppose this is great news to the deniers and ones calling us liars about Nibiru.
But personally, I see this more like announcing to the world that there is no Santa Claus! It's just insulting to me but......oh well.

That's right kids. Nice and slowly. Baby spoonfuls. Now, don't forget to swallow

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Edited- I missed it.. Not you.. anyone that buys this fantasy!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

I don't think you understand the intent of that article. It is supposing that a very COLD, very DISTANT, fairly massive gas giant MIGHT exist, in an orbit that, as the article stated could be about 30,000 AU from the Sun.

Know what an AU is?? ONE AU is the distance from Earth to Sun....about 96,000,000 miles , or about 153,000,000 kilometers.

Also, this mass IF it is there...again, at those distances, very hard to detect. It does NOT shine on its own, and that far away, the light from the Sun is so dim, it doesn't reflect much either.

So, this is nonsense:

This may explain a lot of things going on here lately; earthquakes,weather,governments acting more shady than usual,everyone acting crazier lately.I hope if they do find something we don't get left out on the truth.Almost bet there will be a cover up if they do find something at least till amateur astronomers start seeing it.

How could something that is LESS massive than our Sun, AND 30,000 times farther away, influence the Earth in any way???

Come on people....use some logic, OK?

OH, and BTW....the existence of this object? Does NOT mean it is "coming to get us"!!! If there, it is in orbit. At 30,000 AU, you can try to figure out how long it would take to make one complete orbit.

Consider Pluto, which is farthest known (although, for portion of its orbit, it actually is closer than Neptune, for a while). Pluto's orbit varies from about 30 AU, to 49 AU. Takes Pluto about 248 Earth years to make one orbit.

www.windows2universe.org...

This other object, if it is there....is roughly ONE THOUSAND TIMES farther from the Sun, than Pluto!!!!!

(Did they stop teaching Astronomy in the schools, or something?)

edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wow Weed. You are either the quintessential Sheeple (believing every single word you read that the MSM presses out) or you just love to argue.

What they say, what they do, when they say it and how they do it is in itself, suspicious.

I commend you for being so trusting though. I wish I had an ounce of loyalty and trust towards the PTB like you seem to possess (I mean that sincerely).
But I think I just know better. But that's me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
How did you come to the conclusion that "Nasa may soon confirm planet 'X' " ? Where did you get that from?

Please refrain from inventing stuff or arriving at such conclusions without quoting authoritative sources! Unless of course you want to sensationalize for some of those stars and stripes!

Nowhere has it been mentioned that NASA will soon confirm the existence of the so called planet X except the heading in your thread!

Gotta love that conjecture virus.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human.... I dont even know what to say.. Where did he reitterate PTB material? He gave you facts.
The Orbit of Pluto isn't a PTB conspiracy.. IT IS FACT!!

the distance of this "object" is fact... So what are you refering to?

You make me laugh.. In a very disrespectful way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Why don't you try reading science, instead of fantasy?

astronomy.swin.edu.au...

TRY to get a grip on the perspective....I know it can be difficult, for some......these sizes and distances are out of the ordinary Human experience. Why, they're almost astronomical.......

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I feel any agency that gets funded through/ by the government (such as NASA) are all sharing the same bed.

I've been saying this for nearly 10 years because I KNOW this to be true. Nibiru exists.
And now that NASA is pouring it into the Sheeple trough, well.....I just question their motives.

If I knew this, and many others knew this and yet NASA takes more than 10 years to baby-spoon it to us then....yeah, I am a bit suspicious. Shoot me (gently).

They will say what they're saying so not to cause panic. If we're still around in 5 more years, and NASA 'upgrades' this to a huge dwarf sun, with satellites (moons and a planet) then, I will graciously accept your apologies.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Are you saying that the orbit of Pluto is wrong? Or... are you saying the distance of this object is wrong? Its one or the other.. Those are the only facts that he was conveying..

I would describe you as paranoid.. How do you describe yourself?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

HAHA, the burden of proof lies on all of us. Got any literature to cite with all your talking points? Or are we supposed to just take your word on faith...

“We looked at the patterns and asked, ‘Is there additional evidence of a pattern that might be associated with a passing star or with a bound object?’” Matese said.

After examining the orbits of more than 100 comets in the Minor Planet Center database, the researchers concluded that 80 percent of comets born in the Oort Cloud were pushed out by the galaxy’s gravity. The remaining 20 percent, however, needed a nudge from a distant object about 1.4 times the mass of Jupiter.

“Something smaller than Jovian mass wouldn’t be strong enough to do the deed,” Matese said. “Something more massive, like a brown dwarf, would give a much stronger signal than the 20 percent we assert.”

Source : Wired

Interesting how NASA actually has said almost the identical thing.... 5 months before this article came out.

"Models indicate there may be an entirely new class of stars out there, the Y dwarfs, that we haven't found yet," said co-author Davy Kirkpatrick, a co-author of the study and a member of the WISE science team at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif. "If these elusive objects do exist, WISE will find them." Kirkpatrick is a world expert in brown dwarfs -- he came up with L, T and Y classifications for the cooler stars.

Kirkpatrick says that it's possible that WISE could find an icy, Neptune-sized or bigger object in the far reaches of our solar system -- thousands of times farther from the sun than Earth. There is some speculation amongst scientists that such a cool body, if it exists, could be a brown dwarf companion to our sun. This hypothetical object has been nicknamed "Nemesis."

"We are now calling the hypothetical brown dwarf Tyche instead, after the benevolent counterpart to Nemesis," said Kirkpatrick. "Although there is only limited evidence to suggest a large body in a wide, stable orbit around the sun, WISE should be able to find it, or rule it out altogether."

Agency: NASA
Date: June 24, 2010
Research.gov
So they are actively looking for it! What a shock!

I also find it a little annoying that they are now calling it Tyche..... Tyche and Nemesis are a reference to the Same Greek goddess who was refereed to by these two different names. She was the Goddess of Fate. So in essence, Tyche and Nemesis are one and the same.

Dont believe me? Check with NASA yourself: CLICK HERE

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

ET Intervention? That sounds great to me, hell IF this planet is discovered and IF it really could change this Earth in dramatic ways, for the worse, i'd rather the ET's come down show us their technology and help us get the hell out of here lol. I tend to have faith and mostly deny that something bad will happen to this Earth, even though I know there are many things that can happen any day that will change this Planet, such as the upcoming pole shift. I guess I invision this planet a thousand years from now being very peaceful and advanced, because this planet is special, at least to us and I see where we have gone and now come in the last 100 years, and can only imagine another 100-1000 years from now. Then at the same time whatever happens happens, can't do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think NASA is having a news conference Dec 2.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oy. The speculation that passes for paranoid delusional retro-intelligence around here is reaching astronomical proportions. Amazing how the "pro-Nibs" latch onto this, when what they have been claiming is NOT what this mathematical assumption is.
It is NOT:

Visible from the South Pole or anywhere else on the earth
    Speeding toward us
    Affecting anything in the inner solar system
    "Winged"
    Red
    Blue
    Brown Dwarf
    Second Sun
    Eris
    Sackcloth
    Inhabited by anything
    Bringing a new age
    Being hidden
    Propoganda from TPTB to control the unwashed, panic-ridden masses
    Anything like what any previous civilization's mythology has claimed
    Being cloaked by "chemtrails"
    Anything attributed to Nibiru or Planet X in the current mythology
    Even now in the inner solar system, playing peekaboo behind the sun
    Able to be photographed only with a iPhone cam app. By one person.

It's not a confirmation of anything other than scientific knowledge about our near space (in the universal way) is advancing so we can now hope to find objects we didn't know about. This same knowledge is a step forward, not a step backward based solely on someone's paranoia about who is paying who for what.
If I may paraphrase Richard Dawkins here:
It's not about debunkers needing an "open-mind", it's about the believers brains falling out.

edit on 1-12-2010 by stars15k because: forgot my two personal favorites

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Let's please calm down the rhetoric here and keep to the subject at hand without personal attacks or disrespectful laughter.

Further activity along these lines will result in actions by staff.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

If we're all supposedly so paranoid, than why is NASA, an organization that operates under the DoD, taking such an active interest in finding this/these objects for the last 15 years?

And once again, where the 'Pro Nibs" (come on seriously with the titles?) continue to provide valid links to documents written by people who work with NASA and other profesionals within the scientific community; those opposed provide cheap shots and one liners that border on insulting.

How can all of you be so absolutely certain that this object doesn't exist when the government and the scientific community are still actively searching? THEY AREN'T EVEN CERTAIN! Are you smarter than these Phd. holding professors and scientists? I somehow doubt it. Do you posses some mental for sight that these individuals, and members of this own board do not? I some how doubt that as well. So please spare us the sarcasm and the certainty. The only thing that is certain is that there is not enough evidence to say a definitive yes or no. So where are you getting your information? Because it's not from NASA, and I'm almost sure it's not from any scientific source.

More to the point, I think those who are vehiminautely denying that this is a possibility are incapable of even pondering any opinions or positions that go against their own, and that is why some lash out.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
There is not a single piece of evidence wich suggest that planet X / Nibiru / Nemmesis excist...

I think this one only excist in our minds..

That is bold statement, can you prove that no evidence exists? While you are busy looking for proof that no evidence exists, I will show you some evidence that our sun may indeed have a companion. Just because nobody has managed to pry your eyes open and forced you to see evidence does not mean there is none.

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Are you saying that the orbit of Pluto is wrong? Or... are you saying the distance of this object is wrong? Its one or the other.. Those are the only facts that he was conveying..

I would describe you as paranoid.. How do you describe yourself?

Nah, suspicious is more along the lines. Not sure there's a huge difference but my suspicions come from things that just don't resonate within.

Not sure what you're talking about in reference to Pluto but poor Pluto was plucked from the planets and now, they're reconsidering that decision.
Yup, as long as science is written in pencil I s'pose there's no real danger. But it just goes to show, they're wrong many MANY times.

Black holes? That was unheard of not too long ago.
Worm holes? Pfffft. That was for people who smoked too much pot.
Parallel Universes? That was for us 'paranoid people' .

And now? They are all facts!

So Nibiru, hosting Beings? And a huge dark star? And moons..?
Well that's for us suspicious/paranoid people.

Check back soon. You'll be thanking me for this subliminal-like wake up warning. Whether you believe it now, isn't important.
You'll see.

So......don't worry about me. Worry about what you think you're learning.
Remember, always question EVERYTHING. It's a healthier approach to truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I'm not saying the object NASA is talking about is not real. I expect them to be right, and I'm sure they will find many more, weird, wonderful things out there.
I'm saying it's not what people on this board is eluding to. It's not the same "planet x" as "Nibiru", not by a really long stretch of the imagination. The title is "NASA may soon confirm planet 'x'!!"
No they won't. What has passed for "planet x" threads here is claimed to be and do all kinds of things, none of which have the attributes of the proposed NASA "planet x". Planet "X" is used at ATS to be almost interchangable with the planet "Nibiru". Or it is orbiting "Nibiru". Search yourself......there are lots of things said by people about "planet x". It's not a good fit.
NASA isn't going to confirm "planet x", they are studying the math and believe there is something very far away. The thread title is misleading.
And the word "may" does not a confirmation make. You can't even say it's new, because there is was another "planet x" with even different attributes "found" by Japan in 2008.
In this thread there is talk of when it's going to be seen, or has been seen already. How? If NASA is still using math to find it, how can it be seen from earth now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join