It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mass suicide now the only option left' say Cancun scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I mentioned your thread on the ATS Euro show.

Just so you know haha.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan A bit tongue in cheek I guess!

As the latest round of UN-sponsored climate talks opened in Cancun today, ’scientists’ had a stark message on the threat posed by Man Made Global Warming. It is now so severe that only by exterminating ourselves like the vile parasite we are can we hope to leave a planet fit for habitation by generations as yet unborn, ’scientists’ say.

Yeah, I guess it is sort of tongue in cheek, considering you're quoting a blog from a humorist (which is a high-falutin' name for comedian.

The REAL article he's talking about is just a little different. All it takes is to click on the link the comedian was nice enough to provide.

Some extracts from the REAL story.

climate change experts are calling for Second World War-style rationing in rich countries to bring down carbon emissions.
www.telegraph.co.uk... .html

This could mean a limit on electricity so people are forced to turn the heating down, turn off the lights and replace old electrical goods like huge fridges with more efficient models. Food that has travelled from abroad may be limited and goods that require a lot of energy to manufacture.

Prof Anderson insisted that halting growth in the rich world does not necessarily mean a recession or a worse lifestyle, it just means making adjustments in everyday life such as using public transport and wearing a sweater rather than turning on the heating.

Nothing like the truth, is there?

edit on 1-12-2010 by momoney because: bad link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The modern Politicly carbonated system is
nothing more than a Death Cult.
I watch these "people" ? and their actions.
And they are just giddy about their plans for the masses.
Just watch them ,they can not control their selves,
Smiling ,eye's bugging with excitement over their
future with-out us.
It's amazes me people just go right along.(baaa-baaa)
It reminds me of NAZI Germany,but on a global scale.
Will people ever wake up ? or will they sleep walk
right into universal Holocaust ?

Want to be really scared ? look up the Biblical definition of Holocaust.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Unfortunately the way you have decided to feature this report takes needed emphasis away from the real problem. The earth is heating up. Blaming, laughing and pointing fingers back is not going to cool it off.
Because of the ridiculous notion of mass suicide being brought up we cannot take the news seriously.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by momoney

Nothing like reading the thread either to find out that I had already referenced the details you quoted, but never mind - much better to try and be sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicFlight

Who would even want his email address?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So if it's so far gone, then why don't we just let the matter drop and starting preparing for the worst? Oh, wait...governments are making seed vaults and whatnot. Looks like they already are preparing for the worst. If there is to be a max extinction soon, then so be it. Death would be a mercy for many on this rock.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Actually, the earth will take care of over population that is at the root of these globalists' concern. We don't need fascisist and communist wannbes at the UN doing the job for nature. You keep people in their own land and they will adjust their choices in life to best protect their survival. If they do not make life affirming choices, they will kill themselves.

We need to force our elite to stop overpopulating the US NOW! They talk a big talk about their concern for our enviornment and then they flood our Nation with an overpopulation of legal and illegal immigrants who have a higher birth rate that do Americans.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yep, they can go first - they can lead by example. They won't be needed any more anyway, because there will be no-one left for them to exploit, oh, I mean lead.

Then, when they're gone............

Hoist by their own petard!

Oh, and with all their hot air no longer polluting the planet, the rest of us will be fine.

edit on 1-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
If climate change is such a threat I dont understand why we are not taking EVERY RESOURCE AT OUR DISPOSAL to combat it

ummmm
undoubtedly u have not seen all
those chemtrails in the air implemented
under Project Cloverleaf.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The planet will be just fine ... the planet isn't going anywhere ... we are!

~ George Carlin

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

trouble is, you don't want to drink the water down there, trust me! you'll have the backdoor trots for a week afterward.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Suicide could be a viable option for some people:

For instance:

The Long term Unemployed.
People who care about the Environment (because most governments are not to concerned in RL)
The Religious.

Just a few that suicide could be a plausible way out.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicFlight
Quick, someone send this to Al Gore!!! Just think of the amount of hot air that would not be produced should Mr. Gore take their advice!!!

Thank you so much. I've had a horrible week and I've been such a grouch today, I think I made an enemy on another thread over nothing. I saw this and could not stop laughing. Great tonic for the soul.

Add all of Congress and the entire Obama Administration along with the Bush Administration to the list to go first. Anyone say Kool-Aid all around?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So who goes first to set a good example?
I've decided to stay behind and make sure things are tidied up afterward. Somebody has to stay behind.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Those who dictate these suicidal ideas should lead by example. Otherwise, the purveyors of death should be tried as being traitors towards existence and exiled to Antarctica for a brutal lesson on survival of the fittest.

They were all in love with dyin'
They were drinking from a fountain
That was pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Those @sshat....d@#$head mo@#$%^&%ers need to set examples themselves before start saying sht like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Within a generation, maybe two, this kind of nonsense will be used to justify genocide somewhere on a scale that will make the Holocaust pale in comparison.

Instead of helping the environment, it will be used to exterminate dissidents, subversives, various minorities, physically, mentally and genetically disabled.

You are so right about that!

Algore said global warming is terrorism and I wondered, in light of TSA's public molestation program to keep us safe, what would the UN do to the people of the world to "save" them. Kill 'em off is probably the answer. We have to continue to defeat the global warming fear mongers and kick off the terrorism fear mongers that have taken hold of our liberty here at home! We have to be vigilent and help each other.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join