It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation ripples show the Big Bang may not have been the first, and there could be more to come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Radiation ripples show the Big Bang may not have been the first, and there could be more to come

Edit: S ource

THE Big Bang might not have been the beginning of the universe, but just the start of a new chapter.
Scientists have found rings of radiation in the cosmos that may be older than the Big Bang, suggesting that event was just the latest in a series of rebirths, Wired reports.

The theory was proposed by Sir Roger Penrose, a theoretical physicist at Oxford University, and Vahe Gurzadyan of the Yerevan Physics Institute in Armenia, in an article on arXiv.org.

The circles of radiation appear in concentric circles made up of below average temperature in the cosmic microwave background (CMB), which is the leftover glow of the Big Bang.

The CMB — which dates back to 300,000 years after the Big Bang — is a consistent temperature, indicating the density.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting. There was a discussion on this topic and this was one of the possible suggestions that came up. It's cool to see that we arent that far off as we think in these forums.

The question now becomes how common are big bangs? If there is evidence this has occured before, I wonder if there is any type of left over other than the radiation.

Another piece of the puzzle takes shape..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Missing link. Otherwise

If only I could find the name of the documentary that mentions the possibiliy of multiple big bangs AND inflation theory.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion

Missing link. Otherwise

If only I could find the name of the documentary that mentions the possibiliy of multiple big bangs AND inflation theory.

Sorry about that. Link to source added.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Finally this is backed up by scientific evidence, but I'm sure some people will still deny it though...

This can also prove that reincarnation exists. The universe is basically energy/light so we are also energy/light. If big bangs keep happening again and again, then certainly, it will use some of its energy/light, to make life again at some point.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

To me, this lends a fairly good amount of support to Brane Theory.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Could this mean that the universe has collapsed and expanded over and over, and possibly everything repeats itself again and again?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Could this mean that the universe has collapsed and expanded over and over, and possibly everything repeats itself again and again?

An intrsting question that sounds a lot like the Mayan views on one cycle ending and another starting.

new topics

top topics

join