It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass Roots Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I saw this a few days ago on the Documentary Channel. Thought it would make a good addition here but all I can find online is the trailer. Maybe someone else can find it out there. If you get the Doc channel I'm sure they will run it again. I'll keep looking to see if I can post it, someday.

"Grass Roots" is an entertaining look at the battle that ensued in Las Vegas over Proposition 7, a ballot initiative asking voters to approve the regulation and taxation of marijuana in the state of Nevada in the fall of 2006. "Sin City", where almost everything is legal, should have been a slam-dunk for the legalization of yet another "vice". But, as "Grass Roots" shows, the pro side, led by the Committee to Regulate and Control Marijuana (CRCM), faced a local establishment that was connected and deeply determined to kill the initiative. Both sides feature stranger-than-fiction characters whose every move was captured by the camera over the course of the six-month campaign. Culled from nearly 1000 hours of raw footage, "Grass Roots" depicts what happens when a modern political campaign runs into old-fashioned law-and-order on the Vegas Strip.

Interesting to note that the anti-pot folks are the nutty ones. Listening to those people one would think smoking pot would engender the end of the world. Pretty sad, IMHO. If they weren't so evil and stupid they would be laughable - Kathy Haverly(think I got the name right) is one whacked out lady.

The whole fight to get a plant legalized really saddens me. It really seems insane to me for it to be illegal.

join