It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cuts access to files as Interpol seeks Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – The government scrambled Tuesday to prevent future spills of U.S. secrets like the embarrassing WikiLeaks' disclosures, while officials pondered possible criminal prosecutions and Interpol in Europe sent out a "red notice" for nations to be on the lookout for the website's founder.

Interpol placed Julian Assange on its most-wanted list after Sweden issued an arrest warrant against him as part of a drawn-out rape probe — involving allegations Assange has denied. The Interpol alert is likely to make international travel more difficult for Assange, whose whereabouts are publicly unknown.

In Washington, the State Department severed its computer files from the government's classified network, officials said, as U.S. and world leaders tried to clean up from the leak that sent America's sensitive documents onto computer screens around the globe.

So governments are finally implementing damage control. It was only a matter of time before this happened, sadly. But it's absolutely ridiculous to think that they don't know where he is. He has made public appearances for brief periods over the past few months. Are the FBI and CIA really that lame? It makes you wonder.
edit on 12/1/2010 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
He had to know this was going to happen. I would have. I would have also planned accordingly. They can't find you if you really have the means not to be found.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Does that mean we will get the security key soon?
As much as i want to know all this "classified" information, it scares me knowing that the situation has gotten to this point already. Things seem to be moving awfully fast.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2010 by billb1215 because:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think this Assange fellow lives a dangerous life... half the secret services of the western world must want to see him dead by now. Even if he isn't exactly an angel, it's hard to believe that he would be so foolish as to rape a woman with all the attention that is on him. Looks like a set-up to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Assange could be the "Scapegoat" for future implementation of security from Dept. of Homeland Defense. Maybe more civil liberties will be taken?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
ya....he could throw out state secrets all day long, and all they would do is grumble...
but now, he's threatening to let lose the banking secrets of one of the major banks....
he must be stopped!!!

we, the taxpayers deserve to know where all of our kid's yet to be earned money has went to!!! I do hope that part is let out!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Anyone post a new thread on this tip: You can use Google to search the Wikileaks Cablegate data. Google indexes all of the documents (hopefully), and it's a bit weird that wikileaks didnt implement a customized search engine on their site so people could search all the cables more easy. When they have released all of the cables the amount of information will be staggering.

Use Google to search cables:

site:cablegate.__._ "searchstring"

Example:

site:cablegate.__._ Iran
About 1,320 results (0.19 seconds)

edit on 1-12-2010 by abaddon6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join