It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Claims 200 Nukes in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
wow 200 is alot, what are they gunna do blow up the whole earth?

It's pretty much all B61 gravity bombs, they're USAF's little intermediate yield nuke. Most of them are set at 120kT, although you can crank most B61's in theatre up to 340kT or so.

We used to have a big assortment of different types of nukes in Europe, pretty much all of them but the B61's were cycled out between 1989 and 1991, IIRC.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Why does the left desire that dictators and human rights abusers rule over democratically elected governments? Don't they know they'll be one of the first tossed into the work camps? Maybe they are just so depressed they want to commit suicide and bring everyone else down with them.

Oh yeah, like the 1953 coup in Iran by that leftist Eisenhower, overthrowing democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh .
Or the 1954 Guatamalan coup under the same Pinkie Eisenhower, overthrowing Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán, the democratically-elected President of Guatemala.
And the uber-lefty Nixon ordering the coup in Chile, blocking Salvadore Allenda, who was duly elected, from taking office.
And the Eisenhower backed coup led by Fulgencio Batista y Zaldívar in Cuba, which preempted the elections in that country, where Gerardo Machado was overthrown.
Oh, those shifty leftists, hiding in plain sight, as leaders of the GOP

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
uhhh.... this is news why?

I love it how they act like stuff that is common knowledge is BREAKING NEWS!! because wikispooks posted it.

And once again the info they released is curiously good for certain viewpoints and extraordinarily incomplete.
*shakes head* You'd have to be wiki stupid to believe they're trying to do wiki good with this whole BS.

Whatever wikispooks is it's not a friend to the common man or to stability. It's someone's weapon that many many other groups are finding useful by proxy. It will cause licensing of the internet and individual security tokens or some such thing eventually. And the very people that should KNOW BETTER applaud this?

All I have to say is I lose more and more hope every day just based on how gullible stupid naive and generally easy to corral into exactly position the opinion makers want them in. Those that claim to be on the side of right good and anti corporate fascism just seem to BEG to be fooled by these stupid BLATANT scams.

CX

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sky News is reporting breaking news at the moment that Scotland Yard are aware of Assange's whereabouts in the UK, and they have a telephone number for him.

Could his number be up?

CX.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The next headlines read: "We tried to get him to come along peacefully, but he insisted on shooting it out with Scotland Yard"

Not that there's anything wrong with that

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
damnit where is Superman when you need him? he'd round up those nukes in the blink of an eye..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

200 isnt that much compared to the 5,113 the government keeps on the mainland. I used to live right next to a few old stockpiled cold war atom bombs. Scary part of it is the atom bombs are sealed in an old bunker, that they cannot open in fear of it exploding..the base is a time bomb.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
oh it all evens out in the wash.
russia just moved nukes closer to NATO.
next move ???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like how everyone's all "I already knew this" blah blah blah.

Yeah, sure you did! (sarcasm)

You people didn't know anything. You may have had some general suspicions, or made an educated guess, but you didn't KNOW IT. You had NO IDEA what the quantity was, nor what nations EXACTLY had them.

Now, thanks to Wikileaks, you know NOW.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
edit on 1-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: phrasing

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
oh it all evens out in the wash.
russia just moved nukes closer to NATO.
next move ???

What do you mean? Did you just read some news story or something about Russia making a strategic move concerning their nukes?

Links my friend!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Wikileaks Claims 200 Nukes in Europe

www.express.co.uk

THE US has deployed 200 tactical nuclear weapons in Europe, mostly in Belgium, Holland, Germany and Turkey, the WikiLeaks’ files claim.

The four nations were long suspected of hosting warheads but Nato and the governments involved have refused to confirm reports. Nato yesterday condemned releasing nuclear secrets as “illegal and dangerous”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is quite scary. I support personal nuclear technology for powering up homes, however, bombs... ehh NO!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Yet another revelation coming from Wikileaks about the secrets held top secret within the US and other Western governments. Apparently the United States has deployed 200 nuclear weapons in countries that are technically not nuclear armed states. The most shocking of the nations mentioned was Germany. Not that I believe the Germans would ever use nuclear weapons but rather because Germany is supposed to be a relatively militarily limited state.

Just what this world needs right now is more nuclear weapons in more nations regardless of whether they are designated ‘rogue’ or not.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

i doubt germany is in control of these missiles or can even launch them. but didn't the u.s. almost go to nuclear war in october '62 when russia tried to place missiles in americas backyard.

luckily the russians showed restraint at this hypocrisy and aggression.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I thought this was public knowledge...

One of the biggest affirmative cases under the 2010 policy debate topic (Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce its military and/or police presence in one or more of the following: South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey.) is withdrawal of the tactical nuclear weapons stationed in Turkey. There are plenty of articles and authors out there talking about them and in Turkey it's considered a fairly high-profile issue. On top of that, the stationing of nuclear weapons in other European is also well-known, or so I thought.

Maybe I'm just a bit more in-the-know than most, but it seemed to me that this was fairly well established as fact.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by who-me?
I find Turkey far more telling than Germany. I wonder how Israel feels about that being public bearing in mind their current relationship with Turkey.

You have to remember that anglo american empire is an empire.

How do you people know that any nukes would be in posession of anyone else but american forces. Do not know if story is true, but do you really think americans do not have nukes everywhere, and they are in countrol of them.

Just because they say nukes are in germany does not mean germany runs them and controls them.

This is a great point. As far as Germany goes, my money would be on the nukes being at Ramstein AFB. Are foreign bases considered soverign territory similar to an embassy? If so, then what country they're in is irrelevant as long as the government of the host country is aware of them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

You should have asked me, I could have told you there were about 120 B61's in Belgium. The number changes from time to time,but it's always about that many.

link

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are fooling yourself if you think European nations won't use the nukes in their territories should a nuke strike come at them or their allies. Mutually assured destruction is alive and well for all but the far left who would love to see the West nuked and submissive in response. Won't happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You people didn't know anything. You may have had some general suspicions, or made an educated guess, but you didn't KNOW IT. You had NO IDEA what the quantity was, nor what nations EXACTLY had them.

You may worship at the seat of Wikileaks, but....

Feb 2005 NRDC Paper
Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Article from 2009
Guardian Article from 2009
Nuclear Informatiojn Project Page from 2005
Stars and Stripes Article from March this year
NATO Parliamentray Report on US nuclear weapons in Europe from earlier this year

As previously stated - this information is NOTHING new.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

You may worship at the seat of Wikileaks, but....

Feb 2005 NRDC Paper
Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Article from 2009
Guardian Article from 2009
Nuclear Informatiojn Project Page from 2005
Stars and Stripes Article from March this year
NATO Parliamentray Report on US nuclear weapons in Europe from earlier this year

As previously stated - this information is NOTHING new.

Thank you, i was going to do somthing exactly like this, but you did it for me. Oh no! Why would NATO have its nukes deployed in the theatre they would be most needed! *rolls eyes*

I may not have "seen" them deployed, but i knew there were there as much as anyone "knows" Santa Claus isnt real, without any proof of the matter.

Of course they had them along the Russian border in areas where they would be needed. Remember, these are not self-propelled, the need artillery or other means to deliver them. Posting them in the USA would do what again?

Granted, Russia is no longer the enemy, but where better to deploy them if needed against Iran for example?
edit on 2-12-2010 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join