It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Camera-Phone Post from BlackJackal (Killer Kudzu)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Below is an image from the picture-phone of BlackJackal...(This was just posted, and there are currently no comments)

This stuff will grow over anything and pretty much runs rampant down here in the south. What you see in the picture is trees covered with Kudzu, you don't see any trees because this stuff completely covers them

[edit on 2-7-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yep this stuff grows like crazy and almost impossible to stop once it gets started, its like those Lady Bird roses that was put along the median of the highway and is in every farmers field and roadway around here. Too bad we can't cross kudzu with some plants men like, you know speed up production of certain plants like veggies, pot, flowers.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Yep this stuff grows like crazy and almost impossible to stop once it gets started, its like those Lady Bird roses that was put along the median of the highway and is in every farmers field and roadway around here. Too bad we can't cross kudzu with some plants men like, you know speed up production of certain plants like veggies, pot, flowers.

You might be on to something there Goose.
Maybe pea's. I could just see it now. Pea's hanging from everywhere. Would feed allot of people. Now if you took this peazu to a 3rd world country it would help those people out . I think it would only work on vine like plants, so sorry to say pot would not work. Might work on morning glory as it is a vine.

Sis

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah we have a big of that stuff here in mississippi it grows pretty much everywhere lol

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Can you eat it?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh my god - its the triffids !!!!!!

Aussie bloke was right !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
People eat and drink dandelions why not this stuff you call kudzu?

Or smoke it

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That makes me homesick. I wish I had done a time-lapse photo of the kudzu that eat a neighbor's abandoned barn when I was a kid. To answer ktprktpr's question, I once ate at a vegetarian restaurant called "The Kudzu Cafe" and tried the kudzu pizza. It was vile.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think Mother Earth News magazine used to print recipes for Kudzu.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think Don King has seeded it in his hair...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Can you eat it?

Its not poisonous, but I really doubt it tastes good. Probably like taking a bite out of a houseplant.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Did you know, Kudzu was originally imported from Japan to control erosion?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes the wonderful Corp of Engineers brought it in for erosion control on the highways, and it went crazy in the southern climate. Thanks again CoE.

Anyways the Japanese brew the roots into tea and make paper out of it since the dont have room for growing trees. There are plans to make a paper plant in Alabama, where Im from, to process Kudzu. It would be like a recycling center, bring in your kudzu and get paid by the pound. Otherwise only two things can kill it: goats and fire.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is indeed edible, my neighbor makes kudzu jelly that is really quite good

I thought it was from China not Japan?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
www.cptr.ua.edu...

Here is all the information you will ever need and more about kudzu.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well that's looks nice, and i bet there's clean air there.lol

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great link JCM Im embarrassed, that link is from my alma mater, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. Got my undergrad BS in Geology there last year. Yes kudzu is that bad there, it is not an exaggeration, it kills native trees and plants, covers old houses and everything else in its path. People are now fighting back but I think the damage is done.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Have you heard the saying that after the nuclear war it will be the cockroaches and the rats fighting each other in over a big continent covered in kudzu? I'm not sure the stuff can be killed.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
in japan they cook with the starch of the plant but that sounds like eating blowfish to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here in Tallahassee we were a part of a little research project about 4 years ago...they imported these goats from God knows where and set them to work in a little field and let them chow down for about 4 days...to this date that field is kudzu free - Little old Tallahassee actually made National Geographic with our anti-kudzo approach - they set them to work in other areas, but the kudzu still overruns everything around here, regardless...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join