It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wi-Fi frying our brains?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Is Wi-Fi frying our brains?

www.dailymai l.co.uk

...EMFs [electromagnetic fields] have also been shown to affect the brain, suppressing production of melatonin, the hormone controlling whether we feel happy or sad. In 2004, researchers at the University of Malaga found that significant exposure to EMFs increases the chances of developing depression 40-fold....

They also linked electrosmog to headaches, irritability, unusual tiredness and sleeping disorders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Interesting piece on possible dangers from wireless devices.

The article notes various problems that may be linked to excessive exposure to EMFs, or electromagnetic fields. These include sterilty, brain changes, sleep disturbances, and even problems that trees have been experiencing.

The number of devices and other forms of equipment that communicate wirelessly is exploding. In an attempt to pack ever-more information into shorter and shorter wavelengths, how long before we end up essentially microwaving ourselves?

We know a lot more about the brain's chemical activity than we used to, but we still know very little about its electrical aspects. Let's hope we don't find out something unpleasant the hard way.

www.dailymai l.co.uk

edit on 12/1/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Haha.. interesting.
I've read lots of "fear of wifi" articles.
Here is one that suggests it is killing trees (and then doubts the suggestion).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I've also heard it kills sperm etc. It's always interesting, there is always fear of new technology, but it is our duty to press on. Can't waste these super sweet brains. We just need to pay attention along the way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The only insomnia it causes is that which comes from staying up late posting on ATS!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think i read somewhere where they debunked the claim that it hurts trees. Another interesting thought though is what effect cell phone towers have on the environment in relation to heating up the earth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't understand how people can't comprehend that man-made EMR is causing all sorts of detriments to life on this planet. There is another member on this site, whom I won't mention, which is a huge "know it all" that just doesn't see it. It seems quite obvious to me that various institutions worldwide have been ethically corrupted and are in cahoots with big industry to downplay the effects of EMR. I find it bizarre that independent studies consistently find damaging effects, and industry funded studies keep finding "insignificant effects, in my opinion", and yet some people can't connect the dots.

Here, check out this image I snapped from a documentary I watched a while back. The green bar is the maximum safe radiation exposure for limited duration, yet the graph shows continuous dosage for an unspecified major city! If anyone looks at this graph and thinks everything is okay, they're out of their minds!

edit on 1-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join