It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Terrible! Will they be evicting the Amish next?? His neighbors should form a group that will stand by him with guns and video cameras. We have open carry in the state I live in. I wonder if any sheriff would even be willing to enforce this. Please update on this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
What gives the city the right to tell people how to live on their own land ???

If the land is within city limits, that gives them the right.

Just because it's your land, doesn't mean you can do as you please. There are laws and ordanances that need to be followed in any society.

So the city decided just to all the sudden annex 30 some virtually vacant acres? why?

Sounds to be like that 30 some acres might be worth something and want to see him gone.

Wonder if they have tried to buy from him but he refused to sell.
edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You folks are saying that "man lived this way for thousands of years" but he is living in a recreational trailer, which if it's become a fixture on this property, would need basic requirements as noted by local law in order to be called a home.

They have likely made many offers to run water lines etc to this home to ensure that he has proper sanitation etc, and if he won't accept what has become the basic norms of modern society then it is time for him to move on or be moved.

There are basic legal requirements of being part of any society, and if he doesn't meet these, then he needs to face the consequences, whether or not it is his land.

If he owns the land then he likely also owes property taxes on it, which would give them every right to evict him if these haven't been paid.

Sorry folks, this is normal procedure, nothing nefarious here.

O.K. smarta** then go tell that to all the people that own property and have hunting camps on them some of which reside in those camps for months at a time. Most have outhouses, no electricity and maybe well water if lucky. If I were him and that rv is moveable I would move it 1 foot everyday so as it not being considered a stationary object.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Two valid points. The Amish receive no such fuss, and the fact that 30 acres of private land was just annexed by the district.

Sounds like someone wants the land.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It is mindset like yours that is hurting our country. When people say Americans have become submissive you are exactly the kind of person they are talking about.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

and where the hell was everyone when these laws were passed ??

At the games. shopping at walmart, or drinking a beer in front of the tube like they still are....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by babybunnies

It is mindset like yours that is hurting our country. When people say Americans have become submissive you are exactly the kind of person they are talking about.

In defense of babybunnies according to their avatar they are in British Columbia. But none the less worldwide thats a bad mindset to have.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Thanks, I was about to say that. I hope babybunnie doesnt work for the city, or gov.

If we are unable to live in the manner we choose to ...... then we arent truly free are we ???

Should we succumb to stupid city ordinances just because we live within said city ??

If we OWN the land, .... then we sure as hell SHOULD be able to do just about anything we want, as long as were not cooking crystal meth or building bombs.

You busybody do-gooders are ruining the country for everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm looking for an address so I can locate it on google maps.

Anyone have an Idea?

I'm just curious as to why the city is so interested in his land.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You folks are saying that "man lived this way for thousands of years" but he is living in a recreational trailer, which if it's become a fixture on this property, would need basic requirements as noted by local law in order to be called a home.

They have likely made many offers to run water lines etc to this home to ensure that he has proper sanitation etc, and if he won't accept what has become the basic norms of modern society then it is time for him to move on or be moved.

There are basic legal requirements of being part of any society, and if he doesn't meet these, then he needs to face the consequences, whether or not it is his land.

If he owns the land then he likely also owes property taxes on it, which would give them every right to evict him if these haven't been paid.

Sorry folks, this is normal procedure, nothing nefarious here.

Unfortunately this idiocy quoted above is the prevailing attitude of a majority of people who are dead from the neck up. As long as he is not harming anyone there is no crime! Just because a gang of thugs and busybodies get together and make up a bunch of namby pamby rules that mysteriously bring money to them and do nothing for those who follow them does not obligate anyone to follow said rules.

NO HARM NO CRIME!!! MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS! And stop trying to tell everyone else how they should live. Oh and one more thing. PROPERTY TAXES ARE THEFT!!! There is a reckoning coming for all those thieves and their agents who enforce the theft at threat of violence. Violence begets violence and all these agents who have used threats and violence to steal the fruits of men and women's labors against thier will, will reap what they have sown one day!

edit on 1-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
and where the hell was everyone when these laws were passed ??

We are too busy watching out world implode, playing XBOX, and getting what little we have stolen by bankers.

Our parents were in Vietnam and getting high and listening to Led Zeppelin and driving muscle cars that got 4 miles to the gallon. They were too busy to notice.

Their parents were watching Vince Lombardi and Bob Hope and the birth of TV, having the freedom of a single income household with enough left over to have fun, and feeling all self righteous after kicking the Nazis asses.
They were too busy to notice.

Their parents were getting their asses kicked by the induced Great Depression, and having what little they had stolen from them by bankers.

Thats where the hell everyone was, we were all right here, we just didnt do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It wasn't that long ago where a person that just wanted to get away from it all could just pack up move to the middle of no where, build a house, live off the land and just be left alone.

Now to do anything with your land (including cutting down a tree, or building any kind of shelter) you need permits.

We lost all rights of our land with the "eminent domain laws"

Eminent domain (United States), compulsory purchase (United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland), resumption/compulsory acquisition (Australia) or expropriation (South Africa and Canada) is an action of the state to seize a citizen's private property, expropriate property, or seize a citizen's rights in property with due monetary compensation, but without the owner's consent. The property is taken either for government use or by delegation to third parties who will devote it to public or civic use or, in some cases, economic development. The most common uses of property taken by eminent domain are for public utilities, highways, and railroads[citation needed], however it may also be taken for reasons of public safety, such as in the case of Centralia, Pennsylvania. Some jurisdictions require that the government body offer to purchase the property before resorting to the use of eminent domain.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

he is living free outside of the system, that is the problem, the laws created to ensure everybody are slaves are being broken, therefore he must be evicted and made to live like one.

people are not allowed to live how our ancestors did without braking the law in someway, meaning we have no choice but to live in the system, no choice means no freedom, unless you can move to a country where it is o.k.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

he is living free outside of the system, that is the problem, the laws created to ensure everybody are slaves are being broken, therefore he must be evicted and made to live like one.

people are not allowed to live how our ancestors did without braking the law in someway, meaning we have no choice but to live in the system, no choice means no freedom, unless you can move to a country where it is o.k.

What country might that be?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

i have no idea honestly, but mainly because i do not know all the laws in every country, i am just kind of hoping there is somewhere where one has a choice how to live.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

i have no idea honestly, but mainly because i do not know all the laws in every country, i am just kind of hoping there is somewhere where one has a choice how to live.

I hear ya brother. I am starting to get a little claustrophobic living in a "civilized" society

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Where I live they actually measure your grass..........yes we have the grass police.

But, right now I live in the burbs and can see the village/city wanting everyone's property to look "nice".

Where I use to live at some people down the street had a cloth sofa in the middle of their front yard and it looked tacky. But, that was their choice.

But - if someone lives out of a city or the suburbs they ought to be able to live as simply as they like.

America, I'm telling you folks, is becoming a real fascist state.

I lived on a farm with a out house for a few years before we had a bathroom put in and it's not that bad. People ought to at least have the FREEDOM to live simply if they wish.

We keep getting more and more and more and more regulations heaped on us as each decade passes.

We are watched by security cameras in almost all public buildings now, metal detectors, scanning machines, what we buy is logged somewhere so our shopping habits are noted, our garbage is policed.

Come on people, wake the frak up.........I'm a little old law abiding lady, the most interesting thing I do is garden, read, take 2.5 mg of valium at night with my Chamomile tea and paint my nails purple and even I can see the noose is being tightened ever so slowly and it seems most people don't care or even want more regulation.

As long as somebody is not hurting anyone what the heck gives anyone the right to dictate how someone else lives?

If TSHTF it's going to be the people who have learned to live simply - off the grid - that will be able to survive and get this, TPTB don't like that.

TPTB and the goons that work for and support the puppet masters, want to make us all dependent on them by living "more complicated lives".

We've become slaves to "the system" by allowing ourselves to be lured into a "comfortable/modern" life style.

TPTB want us to consume because then we become slaves to debt.

Remember the movie, "They Live"? CONSUME - OBEY - REMAIN ASLEEP.

I was reading Jim Marr's book, "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy" and he stated that during the first depression, most people at least knew what it was like to live more simply vs now where we have become so dependent on even obtaining food.

Put down those ipods, xboxes, remote controls and cell phones and read, "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy" by Jim Marrs.

And on pages 100-103 he talks about fluoridated water. How safe is our water and why are so many people walking around like zombies allowing our governments to regulate our personal lives more each year vs stand up and rebel against this fascist tyranny..............yes there is a major conspiracy and almost every reader reading this post is being plotted against by the very governments we have empowered.

I currently live in a nice suburban neighborhood, but I pay the price, they measure my grass, check my garbage to make sure I am recycling properly (but it's really snooping) and a thousand and one other things, including no privacy.

Within fifty years I predict most people will live in condo/apartments that resemble rabbit hutches, and every aspect of one's life will be even more closely regimented and scrutinized than now.

For god's sake, Madison County should leave poor 72-year-old Dick Thompson alone. He's not hurting anyone, and if it's his land, if he bought, paid and owns it, who the heck fire has the right to dictate how he lives on it, as long as he's not running around naked, howling at the moon and sacrificing babies to Moloch it's really nobody's business, especially the government, state, local or otherwise.

I really don't know if it's the floride in the water or what but people better start waking up and demanding our government keep their nose out of our business.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. - Thomas Jefferson

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. - Thomas Jefferson

That government is best which governs least. - Henry David Thoreau

edit on 1-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Star for you, I agree 100%

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Basically I see it as this. I don't know how long he has been there but it probably went down like this.
>>Old guy builds home on land
>>Old guy is happy and collects stuff
>>>Noone cares that he is eccentric just go about their lives
>>>>Sub-division gets built, middle to lower class people move into cookie cutter homes
>>>>>Residents of new sub-division feel that older developments are an eye-sore
>>>>>>Older residents feel that sub-division is eyesore.
>>>>>>>Local representatives give a flying F
>>>>>>>>Give into new residents demands to beautify area
>>>>>>>>>Old residents kicked out
>>>>>>>>>>New homes vacant because of economy
>>>>>>>>>>>Wish we had old tenant back. he mighta been weird but he always paid on time.
>>>>>>>>>>>>END RANT.

CX

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Just curious.....does that state have any laws about people being able to own the land if they live on it for a certain amount of time?

The reason i ask is because we have a historical local figure here in my village (UK), a guy who years ago used to collect adders (the UK's only venemous snake). He used to collect them for use in medicine and the likes.

Anyway he lived for years in a debris shelter/hut type dwelling in the woods, however the council burnt his home down just six months before the 20th anniversary of him living there. By law, if he'd lived there 20 years he could claim sqatters rights and would then own the land beneath his hut. The council claimed it was to do with hygeine, but the guy had lived there quite happily for almost 20 years, doing no harm to no one.

In the New Forest there was an old tradition called Squatters Rights which means that if you lived in your home whether it is a house, mansion or a shack for twenty years then the land beneath it became yours.

According to a nephew of Brusher he had lived there for 19 years and 4 months, and the council found out and ordered him to leave as he was not eligible for the granting of land, So they evicted him and he went to live at Clayhill,

His hut was burnt down by the council, but here lies a mystery, as some say that this did not happen until Brusher had been ordered to leave and a lot of people think this was to prevent him getting squatters rights and a local newspaper reported that this was done "as much in his own interest as for hygienic reasons......it was feared that some day his decomposed body would be found in the Forest".

Source: The Snake Catcher (Brusher Mills)

If Dick Thompson's way of life was affecting the health of others, then fair enough, but i think he would have a decent legal case if he has done no wrong except live more simply than others.

CX.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join