It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holocaust - yes or no!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
But THE Holocaust refers only to Jews. This in an important legal matter.
What I don't like about Holocaust debate, is it's not really an open debate.
It's always presented like you MUST believe the official story, period!
Or there is something wrong with you, and in some places you are a criminal.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

And while most on this thread, agree there was a holocaust and jews where amongst many peoples who were murdered, where is the concern for the millions of other peoples murdered. Just look at Soviet Russia.

So your concern is for the jews who were murdered? Where is the documented evidence there were more than 9 million Jews in Europe before 1939. What about millions killed by the Soviets? There were attempts to wipe out whole races and peoples in Eastern Europe. Where are the threads and concerns on those holocaust?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldsteinThe holocaust - did it happen

Which holocaust? The Balkans? Rwanda? Cambodia?

Oh - you mean the Second World War. Yep, it happened.

I've never understood why some people doubt one holocaust occurred when we have so many, many other examples that prove it can happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yes, it did happen. Sometimes, it is hard to take a stand and ask the tough questions. OP you show not only strength but courage as well, by simply asking. Shame on the members here that are giving you a hard time. Most of them know better.

The truth is this same question is being raised in middle schools across the country. The U.S. Education system is actually indoctrinating preteens to wonder if the Holocaust took place. A few years ago my daughter came home and posed the very same question to me. She then went on to explain her history teacher had doubts.

I sat her down and told her the tragic truth regarding the Holocaust based on the account of a dear friend whom actually had relatives escape a concentration camp. . The following day I checked her out of school and took her to the local Holocaust museum. She left in tears and never questioned the reality again.

As a parent I was shocked and saddened but what these young kids are being taught. I did call the school and met with the principle to voice my opinion. I was told "We are just following county curriculum". How sick is that?

Glad you asked this controversial question.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So your concern is for the jews who were murdered? Where is the documented evidence there were more than 9 million Jews in Europe before 1939. What about millions killed by the Soviets? There were attempts to wipe out whole races and peoples in Eastern Europe. Where are the threads and concerns on those holocaust?

All holocausts are deplorable, and deserve our outrage.

I think the reason the Jewish Holocaust of WWII is so vivid is that it was reported more, documented more, and more identifiable. I say that, because I've actually sat and talked to someone who was there and had the tattooed number to show it.

The sheer lack of humanity, the brutality, and the pictures and film of it, really make it hit home more than the other less-documented holocausts that still occur around the globe. (and it wasn't just Jews that were in the camps of the Nazis either). The WWII holocaust was well documented because the war was well documented.

To answer the original post. YES, there was a Holocaust. (and it's easily proven). Worse yet, there STILL are holocausts, and mainstream media seems to overlook it. We only see it covered in documentary films, etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Read Primo Levi's account called If this is a man.
One of the most amazing things I've ever read. Especially his own grasp of what it is to be human and humane.

With the wealth of testimony and hard evidence around, I find it incredible that some can still doubt the veracity of the holocaust.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

Id have to say yes it did to many witnesses not to believe the stories. What tends to happen in history is many atrocities tend to be forgotten with time as later generations find it hard to grasp.

I have never felt able to describe my emotional reaction when I first came face to face with indisputable evidence of Nazi brutality and ruthless disregard of every shred of decency...I visited every nook and cranny of the camp because I felt it my duty to be in a position from then on to testify at first hand about these things in case there ever grew up at home the belief or assumption that the stories of Nazi brutality were just propaganda. --General Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Commander, Allied Forces, Europe, Letter to Chief of Staff George Marshall, April 12, 1945

And lets not forget Hitler himself heres his quote.

"When I came to power, I did not want the concentration camps to become old age pensioners homes, but instruments of terror." - Adolf Hitler

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join