It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpol puts WikiLeaks founder on most-wanted list

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Interpol puts WikiLeaks founder on most-wanted list

www.cnn.com

The Stockholm Criminal Court two weeks ago issued an international arrest warrant for Assange on probable cause, saying he is suspected of rape, sexual molestation and illegal use of force in August incidents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

related thread
edit on 30-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting to note.

I still think Wikileaks is an inside job, but thought it was worth posting.

Now it seems they are saying he has committed sex crimes.

To quote others> THIS ALL SEEMS TO FISHY AND CONVENIENT TO ME

Seems to me like someone is being setup as a patsy here. I really don't think this guy is even in-charge of wikileaks any more.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Check out this thread from august, Assange was already cleared of the rape allegations and now as soon as he releases the newest leak they magically show up again...

A little fishy don't ya think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
Check out this thread from august, Assange was already cleared of the rape allegations and now as soon as he releases the newest leak they magically show up again...

Yes very much so!

I don't yet know what to make of it. Is it a way to discredit him? I still just don't see wikileaks as anything but an inside job.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

He looks capable of it to me. He looks like a pathetic, snivelling loser. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Yes I'm judging a book by it's cover.
edit on 1-12-2010 by pscysm because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
According to Interpol and the BBC, Assange does not have an Interpol Arrest Warrant, they simply issued a 'Red Notice' because of the Swedish government wanting him for questioning regarding the rape accusations.

BBC News

The Red Notice does not amount to an arrest warrant. Instead, it asks people to contact the police if they have any information about his whereabouts.

Interpol Red Notice

An Interpol Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant.

These Interpol 'Red Notices' represent only a tiny fraction of the number of red notices issued by Interpol.

The persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions (or the International Criminal Tribunals, where appropriate) and Interpol's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying or locating those persons with a view to their arrest and extradition.

These red notices allow the warrant to be circulated worldwide with the request that the wanted person be arrested with a view to extradition.

A distinction is drawn between two types of red notice: the first type is based on an arrest warrant and is issued for a person wanted for prosecution; the second type is based on a court decision for a person wanted to serve a sentence.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The charges were dismissed and then the investigation was rechecked were more info was produced that lent credability to the 2 making the claim against Assange.

* - Claim came up this last summer
* - August 20th (give or take) the charges were dropped / dismissed. (All this means is the evidence at the time had issues supporting the charge).
* - File was rechecked by investigators, more info came to light that supports an investigation.
* - Assange was requested by Swedish authorities to come to Sweden to be interviewed - Assange declined
* - Sweden files an arrest warrant (IMO it looks more like a material witness warrant than a criminal arrest warrant).
* - Assanges lawyers use the Swedish legal system by proxy to get the charges dismissed.
* - Swedish court of appeals upholds a lower court ruling for the arrest
* - Interpol "RED Notice" was issued, which puts member nations of Interpol on notice that assange is wanted in another country for supposed sex crimes. The actual international arrest warrant came from Swedish Authorities and can be recognized by nations who have treaties with Sweden to enforce their warrants and go through extradition.

BBC News Latest Assange update - 11/30/10

Now with the above being said, Assange is arguing he is being setup, the charges are false, his rights violated, due process violated etc..

An intresting argument from a man who has no problem doing what he just calimed is being done against himself, to others throughout the world by his careless and wrckless release of classified info.

This tells me Assange feels he is above the law, whilce at the same time making an argument no one is above the law.

Again reminds me of Animal Farm
* - All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pscysm

He looks capable of it to me. He looks like a pathetic, snivelling loser. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could through him.

In that case, ... I'm going to judge you by your post.

You look like an ignorant, fox news watching, indoctrinated half-wit.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think I would prefer to be compared with Fox News that Assange and wikileaks...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Interpol....well he can come and go as he pleases then.

I think they still use Clouseau as their lead detective.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Originally posted by pscysm

He looks capable of it to me. He looks like a pathetic, snivelling loser. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could through him.

In that case, ... I'm going to judge you by your post.

You look like an ignorant, fox news watching, indoctrinated half-wit.

How droll, am I wearing a blue blazer with cream trousers as well?

Ruling out a source of information based on prejudice, as you have with fox, seems more like the past time of an 'indoctrinated half-wit' wouldn't you say?

Boom tish.

Plus what Xcathdra said, he's a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pscysm

The use of big words in response to being called a half-wit is rather expected.

Yet it is still overshadowed by your ignorance.

To think someone is guilty because of the way they look is childish, tell me, what is the source of your anger for Julian ??

surely it isn't Fox news ??

How can rejecting Fox be prejudice, .... when their whole programming is the very definition of it ??

Do people watch Fox because their indoctrinated to ??? or simply because fox caters to their already established ignorace ??

what came first ?? the chicken or the egg.

anyway, ... im sorry if my response seemed somewhat vitriolic, but I suppose it suited yours.

have you ever considered a career in law enforcement ?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This maybe a little far fetched, but maybe Interpol is trying to protect Assenge.

Leaking information about the banks is a big risk factor for his life.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Now with the above being said, Assange is arguing he is being setup, the charges are false, his rights violated, due process violated etc..

An intresting argument from a man who has no problem doing what he just calimed is being done against himself, to others throughout the world by his careless and wrckless release of classified info.

so, your comparing the leaks to your assertions???????????????

who was set up?

who had false charges filed against them?

who's rights were violated?

who was denied due process?

please provide proof of any of the above which were caused by the leaks????

edit on 1-12-2010 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodgame

where you been??????????

why are you not following your OWN thread??????????

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
TBH.. I think Sarah Palin is more of an embarrasment to America than ANY wikileak.. Why isn't this dangerous bimbo on the list?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
TBH.. I think Sarah Palin is more of an embarrasment to America than ANY wikileak.. Why isn't this dangerous bimbo on the list?

touche!!!

star for you!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Looks like the corrupt cabals are getting restless. The Government can’t have someone exposing their crimes. Many Government officials, think they are above all laws of all lands, many think they cannot be held accountable. These people that are voted in office to help run our great country should think twice before they abuse their power for greed.
Don’t be mislead, we do have criminals in office who have not been caught in their corruption, and would like nothing better to see Assange dead. Setting Assange up for a crime that he didn’t do is something that was to be expected. These criminal will stop at nothing to hide their evil deeds.

edit on 1-12-2010 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Is he wanted Dead or Alive? Does he drive a bronco? I wonder what the potential ratings of this could be. Anyone else think they will catch him with a big beard in a hole? Actually wait didn't he die way back in a cave from pneumonia just like that pakistani prime minister said before she was assasinated? oh wait nevermind that was Osama.

edit on 1-12-2010 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When you speak the truth and uncover the lies nowadays, you’ll be charged with whatever just for defaming sake..!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join