Originally posted by TV_Nation
Check out this thread from august, Assange was already cleared of the rape allegations and now as soon as he releases the newest leak they magically
show up again...
A little fishy don't ya think?
The charges were dismissed and then the investigation was rechecked were more info was produced that lent credability to the 2 making the claim
* - Claim came up this last summer
* - August 20th (give or take) the charges were dropped / dismissed. (All this means is the evidence at the time had issues supporting the charge).
* - File was rechecked by investigators, more info came to light that supports an investigation
* - Assange was requested by Swedish authorities to come to Sweden to be interviewed - Assange declined
* - Sweden files an arrest warrant (IMO it looks more like a material witness warrant than a criminal arrest warrant).
* - Assanges lawyers use the Swedish legal system by proxy to get the charges dismissed.
* - Swedish court of appeals upholds a lower court ruling for the arrest
* - Interpol "RED Notice" was issued, which puts member nations of Interpol on notice that assange is wanted in another country for supposed sex
crimes. The actual international arrest warrant came from Swedish Authorities and can be recognized by nations who have treaties with Sweden to
enforce their warrants and go through extradition.
BBC News Latest Assange update - 11/30/10
Now with the above being said, Assange is arguing he is being setup, the charges are false, his rights violated, due process violated etc..
An intresting argument from a man who has no problem doing what he just calimed is being done against himself, to others throughout the world by his
careless and wrckless release of classified info.
This tells me Assange feels he is above the law, whilce at the same time making an argument no one is above the law.
Again reminds me of Animal Farm
* - All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.