It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by Kryties

You are obviously out of your element my friend.

Explain to me how a law could be made that 100% of 300+ million people will agree with. We would live in a land without laws if that was the case. Go back to school you little child. I'm not going to respond to you AT ALL until you display some, ANY intelligence.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

I'm not going to speak about Australian laws, just as you should not speak about U.S. American laws, as you obviously know NOTHING other than what the internet and ATS tells you. Get a life.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

That's it, the insults have started flying (actually he deleted the first post in which he referred to me as an idiot several times), I am out of here, all intelligent discussion is out the window. Have a nice life mate.

You have a good life as well my friend. I mean that quite sincerely.

The insults started flying because you decided to take an incredibly naive, simplistic and non-functioning approach to the otherwise rational discussion of U.S. American laws....meh, take it easy mate.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
reply to post by Kryties

I'm saying brace yourself no matter what country you're in because none of them are perfect.

I absolutely agree with that. I do believe, however, that some countries will be affected more harshly than others depending on the mindset of the people in each particular country.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

good on you for working hard, and getting a good life. But you can do that in new zealand too, and many places around the world, not just the states. The real difference is, in New Zealand you would not have to have lived in a barn beforehand (you imply it is a sub-optimal place to live, just following your lead here - nothing against barn livers!).

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
3rd time this has been posted.

/justsaying

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
12 days?

My company gives us 2 days per month.

that's 24 days in a year that we can use for whatever we wish. take away 6 for the national holidays.

i usually plan any time off around those major holidays.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Well for all the financial freedoms those in other countries do enjoy over people in the US, they do in fact have less personal freedoms in return. See I can still protect myself and my family from the like of oppressive governments via guns. There are far too many countries where that is not allowed. So pick your poison.

The truth is, that we have far too few rights in ANY of the modern countries and are ALL treated like slaves. Honestly it should be your right as a human being to protect yourself against oppression in the same way it is being shoved down your throats (governments have guns). If one human being is allowed a gun than all should be alllowed the same defense. After all does one tiger or group of tigers have the right to take away another tiger's teeth or claws?

Don't be fooled, all governments and the "elites" are where they are because they are propped up on our backs. Giving the government's the right to "protect you" while not having gun rights yourself is like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse and "hoping for the best".

So yeah Americans are overworked and yeah Europeans have no personal freedom. You can continue to feed into their game of divide and conquer. You can be a smug sheep and know you have it better than the cattle.
Or you can realize we are all oppressed, who is really at fault and stop fighting with the other slaves. Take your rightful real freedom and feel how good that can be.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

But, unfortunately you are serious.... Maybe pre 9/11 the US had the same or maybe even greater personal freedom than comparable countries in Europe, but after the patriot act, you have sadly become prisoners in your own country.
What are liberal gun laws going to help you against a SWAT team and a Apache helicopter? Do you really think your personal weapon cache and your family have any chance against that if push comes to shove, this is 2010, not 1861.
What do you think this is?
Bonanza perhaps?

It seems to me that the government has allready become the enemy for some and not the caretaking organisation it should be, or are you proposing dissolving all governments and just live it up in a sort of Mad Max world? (Cause I could possibly go for that, and then my arguments so far are void and I wholeheartedly agree with you just for the kick).

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Are you serious? Good grief that's bizarre.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know, a thread like this is aways fun to read. Rather then focus on the facts it degens into a battle between people who hate america and people who love it. The fact is that the United States allows people to run the county who are elected. As the Tea Party has shown, love em' or hate em' you do not need to be high born, or super rich to get elected, you just need to tell the people what they want to hear. Yes americans dont take vacations very much, but really if it was such a huge problem then it would change. The reason most other countries have government mandated vacation time is to help ease other, deeper, social problems. Hell just look at europe, they cannot afford the life style by far and the people riot. AT least when the US goes into a slump it sucks, but not so much the half the nation buns by a looters hand.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

lol im sick of hearing this USA is great crap.
USA is like a crappy neighbour that jumps your fence, steals all your stuff then kills your kids if you don't live the way it says .....
Here they are running round the world trying to cause wars & raping & pillaging for oil etc meanwhile its own citizens are suffering.
I often wondered why usa does not tell japan, china what to do - because they own your ass ....
America - # No

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Very good post.

And you are correct. All these people with their automatic rifles are nothing compared to what our corporate owned armies have.

Rocket launchers that could wreck your house, kill your family all from miles away........you wouldn't even see it coming.

Drone helicopters / fighters

The list goes on............many of these gun nuts haven't a clue as to modern warfare.

Guns, rifles, are baby pacifiers compared to what our modern military has now............they wouldn't even see what hit them and they are going to defend themselves and their family.

I've learned how to use several guns just in case but make no mistake - if our government which now is owned by the large corporations decides any of us are on their $hit list, and to be exterminated - the average citizen even a well armed one wouldn't have a chance.

These gun toters haven't a clue as to how quickly they and their little automatic rifles could be squashed.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It's worse than rocket launchers and helicopters, if governments want you dead, they don't need anything more than a few sand grain sized particles of Polonium 2-10 as per Alexander Litvinyenko a few years ago. Totally undetectable by taste or smell, but is a fatal poison.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

The number of paid vacation days means nothing to me concerning my quality of living.
My ability to actually control my own destiny, do such "work" that satisfies ME, is much more important to my quality of life.\

Let me tell you something about human nature. Someone who must do work, that they find is insignificant, does not satisfy the inner most desires of them to feel some sort of self importance, or satisfaction, and only have to do this drudgery for about 200 days out of one year, will not be happy. They will just bitch and moan more and more. Meanwhile, me, doing "work" that provides myself with satisfaction and a sense of fullfillment for me, and with results that help others, and don't get a single day off from this "work" for, say, two years, am completely happy and not asking others to cut me some slack and give me a few days off, so that my life is tolerable. Because my life is far richer than the whining masses, who expect others to provide them with happiness.
Just my .02 New World Currency.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-protection. If you live in the wrong part of the world/country/city and you see means to defend yourself, by all means do so.
I have basic shooting skills, but see no need for any other gun than the shotgun I use for hunting. But thats because I'm lucky enough to live in a very peacefull part of the world where the biggest threat to my safety is myself, the weather and the ocean, in that order I think.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

That's just you. You may be happy slaving your backside off for two straight years with no respite, and it may not affect you, or the quality of your life. In that sense, I am very happy for you, I'm glad you enjoy this living, and I hope it continues to bring you the sense of satisfaction you talk about. However, you live to work, and most normal, average people work to live, and the OP and linked article are explaining how the lack of time to have a break affects peoples lives. You are the exception, not the rule,

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Lmao.

Yes, the rest of the western world has no freedoms.

What a crock.

List these freedoms that I in Canada lack.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The list goes on............many of these gun nuts haven't a clue as to modern warfare.

We have seen how our modern military stack up VS conventional "insurgents" with home made bombs and those ak47 baby pacifiers

Guns, rifles, are baby pacifiers compared to what our modern military has now............they wouldn't even see what hit them and they are going to defend themselves and their family.

Much like our modern military doesnt see that hidden home made IED hit them from underneath a few inches of asphalt.

Make no doubt about it, IF we had the will, we could do it but... i just dont see the will, no fire in our eyes.
Nobody has time for this "petty" stuff, they gotta save up for that new 62 inch plasma for Christmas, so they can watch Dancing with the Stars in glorious big screen High Def
The only thing that gets us upset is messing with healthcare and groping us at airports.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Hey Mate,

feel sorry for you.

I served in the reserves of the UK, worked in China and got screwed over by my own intelligence agencies with my own information I supplied to them which was fed back to the Chinese Intelligence agency, think about my tax pounds (dollars). I still love my country and want to remove those people that betrayed me to the Chinese peaceably. The information I have is more important than some of the crap on Wikileaks, that is all irrelevelant, it is like a sideshow.

Love your country, your people, question your politicians by polling them in questions and requests and get the corruption in high level government solved. It is the same here in the UK as in the US, possibly more so than in the US.

I believe the entire World is in for a world of hurt, this is what I recommend everyone to do (it helped me combat the agencies in China):

Sorry this is from a previous post somewhere on the web when I had to go against the wall, with my back against it and fight!

I have tried to come to terms with everything in China and beyond, I have since researched my actions, thoughts and emotions and if you want to get a glimpse then please do the following:

1. Adopt a free thinking attitude, drop sectarianism, racism etc, this is restricting
2. Adopt an analytical mindset
3. Read a hell of a lot about psychological, law, international relations, society etc (what a spy would do)
4. Watch tv programmes that can help
5. Previous point, always put your oppostion on the offensive if possible but personal objectives might negate against this.
6. Read strategy books i.e. Manstein (Melvin), Sun Tzu, 36 strategies, Japanese sword saint strategy, Clausewitz etc, read these all. Even if they are military,you can still develop a mindset to apply in everyday life.
7. Most controversial of all, trust noone, take everything with a pinch of salt, do not be overy encouraged into a course of action that you might regret, bad women/men, drugs etc - I have done all of this but adherred the 11th commandment - THOU SHALT NOT GET CAUGHT.
8. Adopt a belief system, i.e. belief in God, I believe in Jesus Christ and Jahweh and this is what I believe got me through China, believe in God or (which I disprove something else, but you have to believe in something moral and ethical to get you through)
9. SF soldiers (well UK SAS etc at least) tried to incorporate a good sense of humour and this is important, when things really look bleak, you have got to laugh especially at yourself and relieve tension.
10. Use your memories for good, think about it, SF (Seals) use this technique, so have I.
11. Keep fit, fit body, fit mind.
12. Be tougher on yourself because you will be able to withstand your enemy.
13. When things look bad or distressing, use your belief system and what the bible says think on good things, your family, and good people like Jesus Christ, Gandhi etc
14. Research NLP techniques.

Above all, peace!

Retch

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join