It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

what part of the counrty are you in? what is your educational background?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The figure seem credible. I live in the uk and the europeans get more holiday time than us. It is know the the usa work peep gets les holidays. Tis shame we all deserve some time off to be with our familes and stuff....
reform is needed... people are more important than econmomy...........

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well said. It is a difficult tight rope in the US between having a capitalistic society and caring for it's people. I think that when the constitution was written they did not expect SO many people who would not want to make something of themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by Kryties

Sorry, you mis understand. I'm sure your a great Aussie, I was referring to you defending people who post how unhappy they are in the USA, but are not doing anything OTHER than just posting here.

How do you know they are not actively involved in something outside of this website? Have you asked them? NO. You jumped over that part and went straight for their throats.

I was replying to a post you made yesterday.

Helps if you quote the post you know.

And by the way I don't believe you, your post is clearly attempting to not only mistake me as American, but to insult me for not being a "real one". How anybody can see your post as anything different is beyond me.

I have a question, who would you have more respect for?
1)Someone who just blindly loves the Country no matter what.
2)Someone who blast their Country, but doesn't do anything about it
3)Someone who blast their Country, but trys to make it better.
4)Someone who blast their Country and just gets up and leaves

Obviously Number 3. Its a little hard for these people to do such things when the "AMERICA - F@$# YEAH" brigade comes storming in and crushes anyone who has an alternate opinion. That and going back to the fact that you have no way of knowing who is and isn't actively involved in this topic outside ATS

Fail, fail, fail. Keep trying though.

edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The reason America is the greatest country in the world is because capitalism and America's founding values allowed it to be the fastest and most successfull growing country in the history of the world. How many other countries have gone from inception to the wealthiest and most inluential countries in a matter of a couple hundred years?? Even with all the bull# going on, America is still the greatest country in the world!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wow, you must be omniscient. Assuming you know EVERYTHING about what I'm trying to say. First of all I don't NEED to add your quote, I responed to your post. If you click on your name on my response it goes to your post.

I asked in a post "what are you doing about it?" and I also said "If you not happy then leave or do something about it". So I'm talking about those who are just posting and not doing anything. If EVERYONE on ATS is actually doing something about their gripes THEN I guess I'm not referring to anyone on ATS.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Seriously, remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side - there are some things which are very great in Europe WHILE at the same time other things exists which are very great in the US!

It's difficult to compare the two systems directly, and it's two different society models that rewards their citizens in two completely different ways

If we were to combine the good things from both systems and continents we would almost have something with the resemblance of a Transatlantic Utopia!

(Which would had been the good New Western World Order BTW)

However, what is sadly happening currently though, is that an evil renegade and rogue group from the elite TPTB are now combining the bad parts of both systems into a frikkin' Fascist & feudalistic Dystopia!

The original Transatlantic political process which from the beginning had some good and honest intentions, has now unfortunately been hijacked by a renegade rogue group of vile evil corporatists who has a completely Fascistic and different agenda than the original Transatlantic idea.

The "people" and brothers & sisters of our two continents shouldn't be indoctrinated and led astray by this rogue renegade group from the PTB to be eachothers enemies though, since many of these elites and vile corporatists and their henchmen, are now our common adversaries in this important fight!

The fight is now and if we don't find a way to unite both of our people against them, or can't? well...then it is sadly Game Over and goodbye to all our freedom on both sides of the Atlantic!

For a broader understanding regarding this - please google:

Trans Atlantic Agenda

And

Transatlantic Economic Council (TEC)

Peace!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Pity you'll all be speaking Chinese soon.

You sound like a guy I saw on a video once from the 1960's....."Capitalism is wholesome and good, it is compatible with God's Laws and the teachings of the bible......."

Michael Moore came up with a good response to that, something along the lines of:

Dying Man: "Can you heal me Lord"

Jesus: "Show me your insurance papers"

Dying Man: "But I have none!! I am poor I cannot afford it!!!"

Jesus: "I'm sorry, you'll have to pay out of pocket........"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If EVERYONE on ATS is actually doing something about their gripes THEN I guess I'm not referring to anyone on ATS.

Good, glad you are beginning to understand.

Perhaps instead of jumping down people's throats you could start by asking people why they think that way and engaging in a civil debate? Rather than teaming up with fellow like-minded members and ganging up on people?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You mean like what your doing about ALL of the USA. Kind of tough taking advice from a hypocrite.

I've spent enough time debating with you. Think what you want about the USA, it doesn't matter to me what you think anymore.

We are not perfect, but we grow from our mistakes.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by libertytoall

Pity you'll all be speaking Chinese soon.

You sound like a guy I saw on a video once from the 1960's....."Capitalism is wholesome and good, it is compatible with God's Laws and the teachings of the bible......."

Good point.

Actually, if you explore the life of the early church in scripture it states they held all things in common. Sounds like Communism to me, not Capitalism.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You mean like what your doing about ALL of the USA. Kind of tough taking advice from a hypocrite.

Never at ANY point in time did I accuse everyone in the entire country of being the same. That is YOU trying to put words into my mouth in order to justify your argument.

I've spent enough time debating with you. Think what you want about the USA, it doesn't matter to me what you think anymore.

I really don't care that you don't care

We are not perfect, but we grow from our mistakes.

"Growing from your mistakes" does not include insulting and ganging up on people who have a differing opinion to you. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

The "people" and brothers & sisters of our two continents shouldn't be indoctrinated and led astray by this rogue renegade group from the PTB to be eachothers enemies though, since many of these elites and vile corporatists and their henchmen, are now our common adversaries in this important fight!

I don't consider you brothers or sisters. You have done more to harm our country than even the Germans managed to do.

The fight is now and if we don't find a way to unite both of our people against them, or can't? well...then it is sadly Game Over and goodbye to all our freedom on both sides of the Atlantic!

I'd much rather side with them against you. Unlike you, they wouldn't fund the terrorists attacking us. Allies my foot.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
'Merica bes' kuntry on da plan-et!

Massa sez weez betta dan ENEE-body! (EVEN Mex -i-ko!!)

Sez we get free food, and guns 2!

SO whut if weez slavz? at lees' weez HOWS slavz!

Deez utha kuntryz? day got nuffin' on us!

Vacashun dayz? hoo needz dohz when Massa SO nice ENY-way??

'Mericans! Yooz qwit' yo' cum-plane-in, 'for I wip yo' BE-hindz!!

Buncha Foooz...

Yo' Bee hapee if yo' JUS' REEED YO' By-Bulz!!

NOW, git back 2 work!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I don't consider you brothers or sisters. You have done more to harm our country than even the Germans managed to do.

I'd much rather side with them against you. Unlike you, they wouldn't fund the terrorists attacking us. Allies my foot.

Well mate, I'm not an American - I wrote my post mostly from an European perspective since the OP was about Europe vs The US in regards of certain 'standards of living' you see.

I hope that cleared out some of the confusion for you?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall
When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, yeah, that was bad news for America. But did Americans panic? No!

Wasn't it Japan that bombed Pearl Harbor?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
To the OP. I noticed you are basing some of your comparison on vacation time. I can’t see how any country can beat the US when it comes to vactions. We just finished paying 8 million people billions of dollars to do nothing for two years through unemployment benefits. I’d like to see the rest of the world try and beat that.

Um, well in fact in the UK we pay for the unemployed for as LONG as they need it. There is no time limit. I'm sure we've had this policy for about 60 years now? May have to check on that. Certainly it's been that way since I've been born.

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I completely agree! America never has and never will be the "greatest country on the planet" or whatever other ridiculous titles ppl wanna throw out there. Its just to make America look better than it really is. This is not the greatest country its probably more near the bottom of the list.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by enigma91
Yea the US is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. That's why everyone is stumbling over themselves to try and get here.

Anyone who breaks into the US gets:

-100% free healthcare from the EMTALA Act
-free section 8
-free welfare
-free school for their kids
-in 2000 illegals started getting approved for new car loans
-2005 Banks started giving illegals mortgages
-illegal immigrants now get better financial aid for college than Americans
-can drive a car with no insurance and won't be ticketed/fined

YOU find me 1 other country on Earth handing free crap out to anyone who breaks into their country. Good luck.

We've reached the time the fat lady starts to sing. States are insolvent from giving everything out free to illegals along with the Federal Government. What a fool you were for bankrupting yourself for the illegals.

Hope you feel all warm this Christmas knowing Americans are dying from freezing to death because they don't have enough money to heat their homes or freeze to death living in tents in our national forests...all while Congress must send Billions to China to pay interest on the loan we got from them which is keeping the Chinese bellies full and them warm at night.

You have no idea why the world laughs at how stupid America is.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Pervius because: spellin'

Um, yeah the UK does all of this for it's immigrants.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

So does Australia actually. We get 'boat people' coming in on boats - crammed so tightly in they can barely breathe. Many of them, after having gone through multiple checks of their refugee status, are released into the Aussie community, are given medical, unemployment and other benefits and receive training to aid them in fitting in to Aussie culture and in getting some work.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join