It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
well maybe my post did come across like that but i am not going to stand by while i see post such as 'How are the IRA treating you over there?'.

And I can give you a first hand opinion on that seems I am a public servant.

I have 40 holidays a year. 10 'special leave' days if my kids are sick (all paid) any amount of 'unpaid special leave' that I want to an extent. And I work the hours that I want to work, as long as I do my 35 hours a week I can come and go as I please. Not too shabby at all!

edit on 1-12-2010 by Khaotik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I didn't even mention the UK being free, I simply stated that the US was not. I know all the downsides of living here that's why I plan on moving out of this country as soon as possible

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Interesting Crowe, Kidman and Murdoch......where are they making their money???? USA

You could go on with more, Fosters, Dingos, Crocidile Dundee.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To those who post: "If ya don't like yer country then giiiiiiit out!!!"

Well, it's not that easy, Captain Hee-Haw. It requires a LOT of money to do this.

#1. Most Americans are poor and are living paycheck-to-paycheck. It's hard enough to put aside enough money to get a passport even if they can qualify for it. They typically have mouths to feed for themselves, family, and sometimes even relatives who have fallen on hard times because of the mess our government/Federal Reserve has gotten us into.

#2. It costs a LOT of money for international airline tickets, even if bought in advance. And, again, most people can't afford the kind of money it costs to do international travel in the first place.

#3. MORE costs - you have to ship your furniture/car/whatever else you need overseas which is usually more expensive than the flight. Even if you abandon/sell everything here, you have to have money to get a place to live and buy new furniture once you arrive in your destination. Guess what? Same rules apply: Living paycheck-to-paycheck how can they get enough money to save for that let alone all the other costly factors that have already been mentioned.

#4. You can't just walk into a country and say, "I'm here! Now I belong!" You have to apply to be a citizen, and typically in a country that you want to go to doesn't want you. I've had friends who both earned over 100 K a year and repeatedly tried to become citizens of Amsterdam and were repeatedly denied. And most people who want to get the hell out of here aren't people with jobs that earn them enough money. It's not as easy as, "Move to a different country!"

So, there are the basics - the VERY basics for why people can't just 'leave'.

Try and think of these basic common sense things before hurling the good ole boy, "Don't like yer kuntry?!??! Then giiiiiit out!"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by allthegoodusernamestaken

Your right and thanks for giving me something else to worry about.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by Shark VA84

Couldn't agree with you more about the age on here. I laugh at the anti US comments. As I've said in this thread already, there is plenty wrong with this country, BUT a lot more right. I don't know where the vacation days thing came up. I'm in the US and have got 20 days for years.

As for the rest of you. The UK, the countries (as small as they are) don't get along within the UK. How is the IRA treating you????

Australia. Your greatest export was a animal guy that got himself killed, I did like his show but shouldn't you be more careful with your life when you have a family to support?

The IRA is treating me just fine actually. As are the Welsh and the Scottish. In fact I haven't met anyone from Ireland, Wales or Scotland that hasn't been friendly and gotten along with everyone else? How are the anti abortionist terrorists and Christian fundamentalists treating you>

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaotik

Just as many people don't want to stand by and hear "your country is full of obese, fat, cowardly morons" when it is obviously not the case. Sure we've got our share, who the hell doesn't?

Point being that this tit-for-tat crap doesn't solve anything. The U.S.=U.K.=Australia=Afghanistan.

Different strokes for different folks, but to wish ill will on any human being due to their geographical location is childish, and feeds the beast that is war and hatred.

I have yet to travel to any nation (and I've been to more than I can count on 4 hands) that did not offer some sort of unique, positive experience. Every nation differs, every nation possesses its own unique culture and government, and every nation fails and is corrupt at some level.

We are imperfect creatures, and more of this "x is such a horrible country while x has all this and x does that because x is so x" crap does nothing but widen the divide between individuals. Individuals who should throw that sh_t aside in times as desperate as these and realize all forms of government are destined to fail.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
hahaha
We should have let hitler do his thing?
hahaha ford built tanks for him. presscot bush and jp morgan financed him.Helped him get into power.
The IRA? Well they are not so bad now, specially since the USA is no longer funding them.
Commies? hahaha bush borrowed millions from the commies so that he could invade iraq.
jesus if we listen to the os, then some cave men with box cutters took out the pentagon hahahaha
tim osman, aka ladin bin of crap, was bushs heroin dealer in the afghan, thats were alciada came from. USA supplied weapons for heroin. when bin ladin cut bush out of the deal he was blamed for 911.
live in the USA yes I used to dream about that. How ever Im glad that im in the Uk even if we have bad dentists vidio cams ect ect. I can still travel the world and hold my head up, an I wont be attacked because my govt is a war machine. bent on giving every one democracy at the point of a gun.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Agree, not easy to leave, however don't just complain and sit on your couch. DO something about it. If you can get on ATS and post, you can research politicians, rules and laws, who your representatives are. A lot of things you can research THEN do something about it

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
few places to run to so it would seem..i sold my home
and have a little hideout in the backwoods of costa rica..
which i'll grant you has it's share of mess-
and now 47 US warships,200 helicopters and 7,000 marines parked
off limon.. glad to be situated on the west coast.
first i got an eye on a nice spot, camped out on it,
which endeared me to the local hillbillies.
next trip i had a little prefab cement home put up.
my tico family tends it for me.
i wonder if this is the time i dont come back.
been crippled up and trying to get SSd for a couple years now-
i just get so sick of the lies, the callous regard the overlords have
towards the common man, and the ones it sends to fight.
what noble corporate cause are they sent to defend?
oil? opium? "full spectrum domination" as a stated mission-
and we become a nato tool. ruled by rich nazi types.
who are now plotting to make the nation one big prison camp.
america is a crumbling facade.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by Kryties

Interesting Crowe, Kidman and Murdoch......where are they making their money???? USA

Actually Murdoch was rich long before he bought Fox. How do you think he made the money to buy it?

You could go on with more, Fosters, Dingos, Crocidile Dundee.

Yep, the beer that no Aussie drinks sold to hapless foreigners who think they are getting a taste if Australia, the case of Lindy Chamberlain well over 20years ago and a man who brought joy to millions of kids around the world.

I can see what you are doing btw, attempting to insult me and my country, but you are not only failing dismally at it, you are reinforcing the point that many people here are making that many Americans are self-centered and know nothing about the world around them. If you did, you would know a little more about Australia than those well-worn stereotypes you have stated.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

IRA is treating you fine? How is that? The groups you are refferning to don't bother me at all. You may get along with your other Brits, but I've been there, and you can't deny there is some anamosity between the groups.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Enough with the attitude people. Discuss the topic civilly or warns are to follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/1/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I would like to point out that plagiarism is frowned on at ATS:

www.inreview.com...

If you're going to use another site, give it a link please.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join