It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...then you MUST be an Atheist!!! *aka the Pork Chop Fallacy*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So... are you telling us that you're a vegan?
(jk)

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? Just the thought of life without meat makes my fangs hurt!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by randomname
no you're not an atheist you're an idiot because you believe all the propaganda those devil worshipers put out thru the media.

And this Ladies and Gentlemen is a prime example of both an Ad Hominem and a Straw Man Fallacy...

LOL, no, your inability to know that was sarcasm was an epic fail. The poster you quoted was using HYPERBOLE.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And you know this because you can read minds through a standard TCP/IP internet connection?

Also, if you use the word idiot when refering to the poster you are replying to, it's an automatic Ad Homimen...

But you are just sooooo much smarter than the rest of us! (Now THAT'S sarcasm... see the difference?)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
no, your inability to know that was sarcasm was an epic fail. The poster you quoted was using HYPERBOLE.

Not so sure about that. A quick perusal of the poster's posts reveal a hatred for atheists. And the inclination to call people idiots.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not always easy to tell when people are being sarcastic, but in this case, I think randomname is revealing his/her true thoughts on the matter.

It's another fallacy similar to the one the OP here is talking about. "Anyone who thinks differently than me is an idiot".
OF course, it makes as much sense as the Pork Chop fallacy.... Mmmmmm.... Pork chops.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

And you know this because you can read minds through a standard TCP/IP internet connection?

Also, if you use the word idiot when refering to the poster you are replying to, it's an automatic Ad Homimen...

But you are just sooooo much smarter than the rest of us! (Now THAT'S sarcasm... see the difference?)

Send him/her a U2U and ask.

The "idiot" was a sarcastic one. That person wasn't disagreeing with you, but parodying a typical Christian stereotype.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And that's why it's a common theme with this particular member when it comes to the topic of Atheists... OK, Spanky! If you say so! And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to u2u people to see if they really meant what they said in a post, or where they just being 'cheeky'...

What the hell are you soooo concerned about in regards to the intent of another members post??? Not enough business of your own to mind?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
well im jewish , i dont eat pork chops
and if your a vegetarian you dont eat animals at all

supporting people who are killing palestinians, stealing their homes, destroying them and moving in "settlers", starving and holding millions against their will, that's o.k. to a majority of jews and their supporters, but eat a pork chop, forget it, that's the wrongest of wrongs.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You sent yourself a u2u? I would suppose that would get you an automated response... But to call yourself an idiot...

And what exactly does this have to do with the topic at hand?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

And that's why it's a common theme with this particular member when it comes to the topic of Atheists... OK, Spanky! If you say so! And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to u2u people to see if they really meant what they said in a post, or where they just being 'cheeky'...

What the hell are you soooo concerned about in regards to the intent of another members post??? Not enough business of your own to mind?

LOL Unless this is your first day in an internet forum I'm fairly sure you've noticed the common practice of replying et cetra to other member's posts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Replying yes, interpreting the intent behind it, no...

That would require either the ability to read another's mind, or it's your sock puppet account...

Now if it's not too much trouble, do you think we can post ON TOPIC now???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

In my two plus years here on ATS, I have been involved in many a discussion/debate on religious and spiritual topics. I have come to notice a technique used by the Christians here that I thought I would take this opportunity to point out. This technique is to call anyone who is not in full agreement with their position an Atheist. If you don't believe in their Sky God who sits on a throne behind pearly gates, you're an Atheist. If you accept Evolution, you're an Atheist. If you don't want prayer in school, you're an Atheist. If you believe in the separation of Church and State, you're an Atheist. Now mind you that I am not now, nor have I ever been an Atheist, but since I believe in the seperation of Church and State, and I accept Evolution, and I do not believe in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God, I have been called an Atheist on more occasions here than I can count.

So I am going to call this fallacy The Pork Chop Fallacy, as it is akin to saying that if you don't like pork chops, you MUST be a vegan! So Christians, in the future if I accuse you of using the PCF, you will know what I mean...

Wow, the above is simply weird. I live outside the USA, so many of these things are simply irrelevant.
I don't want prayer in schools, but I am a Christian.
I accept evolution, and I am a Christian.
I believe in the separation of Church and State and I am a Christian. (It's simply not an issue here in New Zealand, and never has been).
I do believe in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. I also have no problem with any of the above.
I don't like pork chops, but I am not a vegan.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Replying yes, interpreting the intent behind it, no...

That would require either the ability to read another's mind, or it's your sock puppet account...

Now if it's not too much trouble, do you think we can post ON TOPIC now???

'ON TOPIC'? There is no topic, it's your conjecture and arbitrary statements.

How can I post anything on a figment of your imagination.

Just carry on with your thread.

God bless.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

no, your inability to know that was sarcasm was an epic fail. The poster you quoted was using HYPERBOLE.

"Anyone who thinks differently than me is an idiot". :

Please, noooooooooooooooooooooo! Differently than is wrong! (English teacher here,which is how I know ..
Vicky

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JUSTurTypicalFundie

There is most certainly a topic here, you just can't and won't manage a argument to prove it false because you know it to be the truth. So instead, you engage in the usual fundie response when presented a truth that is unkind to your position, you just troll the tread and drive it off topic...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

No, you've presented nothing more than exaggerations and arbitrary opinion, nothing more, nothing less. But to satisfy your ego, I'll address your OP:

I have come to notice a technique used by the Christians here that I thought I would take this opportunity to point out.

Some Christians may have stated some of these things, certainly not all.

This technique is to call anyone who is not in full agreement with their position an Atheist.

False. Christians themselves are not 'in full agreement' even with each other in their respective positions.

If you don't believe in their Sky God who sits on a throne behind pearly gates, you're an Atheist.

Ridiculous. What about Muslims, Hindus, Gnostics? They are not Atheists yet believe God to be different than the God you portray Christians to believe in. (which is a ridiculous exaggeration, border lining a straw man)

If you accept Evolution, you're an Atheist.

False, there is a great segment of Christianity who believes God used Evolution to bring about mankind.

If you believe in the separation of Church and State, you're an Atheist.

False, there is a great segment of Christianity that wants government to completely stay out of the matters of the church.

Now mind you that I am not now, nor have I ever been an Atheist, but since I believe in the seperation of Church and State, and I accept Evolution, and I do not believe in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God, I have been called an Atheist on more occasions here than I can count.

Arbitrary.

edit on 3-12-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JUSTurTypicalFundie

Two things... One in never said 'all'... that is your minds interpretation... Two, my ego has no bearing on this. I'm not the one who's getting all flustered because someone is making an observation on a common 'debating' technique used by the members of the Cosmic Jewish Zombie Cult... It's observable in just about every thread in the Creation/Evolution Forum, and in many threads in the Religion Forum too... In fact, if I really felt like wasting the time, I'm sure I could find at least one example of you doing it yourself...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Two, my ego has no bearing on this. I'm not the one who's getting all flustered because someone is making an observation on a common 'debating' technique used by the members of the Cosmic Jewish Zombie Cult.

Right, lol, I"M the one 'flustered'???. That's why you're throwing a temper tantrum and changing my screename in your replies.

Whatever the outcome of this thread, I'll always take great pleasure in getting under your skin so bad that you'd resort to such a childish act.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So you are not an atheist, cool.

What kind of god do you believe in???

And how does your god communicate with you or any one in humanity???

Does your god have a way to communicate what he wants of man kind and what is considered right and wrong???

Just a few questions that I was wanting to get answered.
edit on 4-12-2010 by ACTS 2:38 because: o

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Whatever the outcome of this thread, I'll always take great pleasure in getting under your skin so bad that you'd resort to such a childish act.

You greatly overestimate you effect on me... You don't get under my skin, you mildly amuse me... but only mildly... and the change in screen name was just to make it more clear to others what you REALLY are...

And just for the record, you should know all about what's arbitrary... You people wrote the Book on it!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c11873609786.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-12-2010 by JaxonRoberts because: add content

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join