It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks is only satisfying natural human desire to see those sitting high pulled down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bottom line is that the first "leaks" didn't do anything but make interesting conversation, so now these "leaks" are making the U.S. look bad...

And they're violating the privacy of what other world leaders thought were private conversations. Essentially showing that it doesn't matter who you're talking to, nothing is secret.

Now, while you talk about how you "have a right" to this info...

Make sure you agree with that premise and quickly fully disclose anything you've ever said to anyone... and hope it doesn't put egg on your face.

When the Saudi's say that Iran is crazy and we should do something about them... what does this serve? Are we really all so eager to share our private thoughts with everyone else? Are you really ready to tell your mate that you think the girl walking down the street is hotter than she is?

Are you really ready to tell the guy you work with that his breath is so bad you just about gag when he talks to you...

Are you ready to tell your boss that you actually think he looks ridiculous in that shirt?

---------------------------------------

This is the same thing.. .just with millions of lives and geopolitical ramifications at stake....

Assange is a dumbass., and those who support him - especially on here - are simply satisfying their own desire to see people in high places fall. This has nothing to do with real transparency or truth... just essentially destroying the "peace processes"...

Get your guns boys, because Assange has decided that diplomacy is dead.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Make sure you agree with that premise and quickly fully disclose anything you've ever said to anyone... and hope it doesn't put egg on your face

WRONG!!!!!!
These people are PUBLIC servants. They work for and are paid by us, the tax payer..
What they say on OUR time while being paid with OUR money and then use that knowledge to create OUR Foreign Policy, then we have every right to know what they said..

Me? You don't pay me..But my boss certainly has access to all my work related emails..

WE are THEIR bosses..Many tend to forget that simple fact...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

i agree with your position on this, the leaks are not even leaking things that are in the public interest, they are just leaking private conversations that were not meant for the ears of other people and the conversation was held with that as a premise.

to me a leak that is in the public interest is something that exposes lies that are being commited against a population, not what somebody said to somebody about somebody. it is just gossip.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"
i agree with your position on this, the leaks are not even leaking things that are in the public interest, they are just leaking private conversations that were not meant for the ears of other people and the conversation was held with that as a premise. "

Says you . Clearly you have not read the leaks nor understand the differnce between what is said on camera and what happens behind closed doors. Just because you cant comprehend it please don't put all your eggs in one basket. Why don't less hating on wiki leaks? and more about doing research and looking into it ? Or you lazy fat boy who waits for others to do the work so you can quickly check out headlines and go tell your friends like you have the slightest clue?

Please......go to rant section

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"This has nothing to do with real transparency or truth... just essentially destroying the "peace processes"... "

lmfo peace processes haha someone pleaes get the op a reality check.

Its like saying united nations has done a good job at uniting nations =p

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Bottom line is that the first "leaks" didn't do anything but make interesting conversation, so now these "leaks" are making the U.S. look bad...

And they're violating the privacy of what other world leaders thought were private conversations. Essentially showing that it doesn't matter who you're talking to, nothing is secret.

Make sure you agree with that premise and quickly fully disclose anything you've ever said to anyone... and hope it doesn't put egg on your face.

When the Saudi's say that Iran is crazy and we should do something about them... what does this serve? Are we really all so eager to share our private thoughts with everyone else? Are you really ready to tell your mate that you think the girl walking down the street is hotter than she is?

Are you really ready to tell the guy you work with that his breath is so bad you just about gag when he talks to you...

Are you ready to tell your boss that you actually think he looks ridiculous in that shirt?

This is the same thing.. .just with millions of lives and geopolitical ramifications at stake....

Assange is a dumbass., and those who support him - especially on here - are simply satisfying their own desire to see people in high places fall. This has nothing to do with real transparency or truth... just essentially destroying the "peace processes"...

The hysteria and hyperbole about this is quite worrying. Your post sounds like a 12 year old in a school yard.

The US security was so bad it allowed access to all these documents by about 3'000 low grade military and civilian personnel. It was obviously not very worried about security. With that level of carelessness it deserves to have things leaked. THAT is why they are so embarrassed.

All countries have their intel - much of which is top class, including that of N.Korea - so given the deplorable levels of US security, any country which was interested in this info will already have it. Most of this will not be a surprise at all to most countries.

Governments should be held accountable by the people - that is how a democracy is supposed to work. That is because the Government is supposed to serve the people, not the other way round. They are answerable and accountable to the people. The people have a right to know what is going on.

To equate that to disclosing personal detals or personal conversations between private individuals is plain ignorant.

Yes, guns are the answer - that's clearly the policy and the answer to everyting - bomb them, kill them. Nice mentality.

edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

To every question you asked:

Yes. Yes I would. And then I would smile as people get so offended by the truth

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
"This has nothing to do with real transparency or truth... just essentially destroying the "peace processes"... "

lmfo peace processes haha someone pleaes get the op a reality check.

Its like saying united nations has done a good job at uniting nations =p

The ignorance flying around ATS today is stunning.

How in the world will this affect the (alleged) peace process?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by gncnew

i agree with your position on this, the leaks are not even leaking things that are in the public interest, they are just leaking private conversations that were not meant for the ears of other people and the conversation was held with that as a premise.

to me a leak that is in the public interest is something that exposes lies that are being commited against a population, not what somebody said to somebody about somebody. it is just gossip.

I would wager that you haven't read the released documents - maybe one or two at most, not more and certainly not 220 or more.
You clearly don't understand the significance of some of the documents, or their ramifications.
You seem to expect reality to play out like a Hollywood movie. Prepare to be continually disappointed.
When you don't know what you are talking about, stay silent and read and learn.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

First of all, watch this, and then re-valuate your post. There is NO ONE left to trust.
rt.com...
Your tax dollars are feeding us FEAR.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

"The ignorance flying around ATS today is stunning.

How in the world will this affect the (alleged) peace process?"

Did you see how the quote was from the op? Or did you miss that before hitting reply to soon?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Wikileaks is in a sense giving the Government a taste of their own medicine.
I've heard that Assange has edited some videos to make the Government look bad, this then creates negativity towards the Government. The Government has done this to Celebrities who speak out about Illuminati and Government acts, by creating a negative image of them by accusing them of a crime. Now the tables have turned, and they are getting back what they have dished out for so long. Even if some of the information from Wikileaks isn't 100% true, the Government is getting a taste of what it's like.

Long live Assange.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

You have a serious ego problem..The state of the world today is far beyond the norm.The people in power are abusing it...they deserve what they get..if you had any sense at all other then trying to make a statement that feeds your ignorant ego you'd see the big picture here..if this government was what it was suppose to be and corruption of power was not such an immediate threat to us all on a whole..wikileaks wouldn't exist.If it wasn't for over zealous ego mainiacs like yourself the government would not have gotten the way it is..for years people have been saying something is not right..and people like you insult them for thinking and paying closer attention then yourself. If anything.you are guilty.i'm ashamed people like you live in this country.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i see where your coming from
i agree 100%

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Says you . Clearly you have not read the leaks nor understand the differnce between what is said on camera and what happens behind closed doors. Just because you cant comprehend it please don't put all your eggs in one basket. Why don't less hating on wiki leaks? and more about doing research and looking into it ? Or you lazy fat boy who waits for others to do the work so you can quickly check out headlines and go tell your friends like you have the slightest clue?

i will say i have not read all of them, but if you really needed wikileaks to tell you that things are said between people behind peoples backs then i am not sure what to say. but to then expect them to repeat it on camera? come on.

our leaders are human, they will say things or have an opinion, there are very very few leaks that mean anything out of these recent ones, it is hot air so far. what makes you think i am hating on wikileaks? i never even gave my position on wikileaks, just my opinion on this latest leak.

i think most of it is nothing, and some of it is dangerous, for example that they are worried insurgents could get their hands on nuclear material in packistan, yeah great job, just let them know how easy it could be to do that.

what people think of prince andrew or what the a banker thinks of people, or what such a leader thinks about another, i don't care, and obviously they are not going to repeat it on camera, but it should of been obvious to people things like this get said behind closed doors.

what next? shock the queen thinks most people in britian are peasent scum and she did not tell us in her christmas broadcast?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I would wager that you haven't read the released documents - maybe one or two at most, not more and certainly not 220 or more.
You clearly don't understand the significance of some of the documents, or their ramifications.
You seem to expect reality to play out like a Hollywood movie. Prepare to be continually disappointed.
When you don't know what you are talking about, stay silent and read and learn.

or ... POSSIBLY ... one could consider the potential ramifications of these 'leaks' being nothing more than well-planned and well-coordinated 'releases' purposefully intended to Distract peoples' attentions from what's really and actually taking place all the while. (?)

... that which wouldn't nor couldn't gain 'public support' otherwise or without.?

http://__._/
On Sunday 28th Novembre 2010, Wikileaks began publishing 251,287 leaked United States embassy cables, the largest set of confidential documents ever to be released into the public domain. The documents will give people around the world an unprecedented insight into the US Government's foreign activities.

The cables, which date from 1966 to the end of February this year, contain confidential communications between 274 embassies in countries throughout the world and the State Department in Washington DC. 15,652 of the cables are classified Secret.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

The 'fault' for such a 'leak' would ultimately rest on the shoulders of the Secretary of Defense.

My question/query being ... is or could this be an attempt to discredit or take Hillary out of the 'equation' both now and going forward to future elections?

So wouldn't that be Gates, not Clinton???
Mind you, a WH without a Clinton does have some promise..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My bad... Secretary of State

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
wiki leaks sure benefits Israel
be happy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Actually, I'll stand by and bump the same ... wOw

WikiLeaks founder Assange asks Hillary to resign

During an interview with Time magazine on Tuesday, Nov 30, Julian Assange asked Hillary t resign for ordering US officials to spy on United Nations leadership.

"She should resign, if it can be shown that she was responsible for ordering US diplomatic figures to engage in espionage in the United Nations, in violation of the international covenants to which the US has signed up. Yes, she should resign over that," Assange said.

There's our politically, societal, reactionary machination in action, folks ... imo.

No sooner than the spark's left it's flame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join