It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S 510 Food Safety Bill - Very dangerous bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The new Food Tyranny Act -- called the "Food Safety Modernization Act" in the U.S. Senate -- has been passed by the senate today. It would give the FDA vast new powers to criminalize and imprison farmers and food producers while doing absolutely nothing to address to real root of the food contamination problem.

Apparently in this bill it will now be illegal to grow,sell, or trade your own produce. We have now given even more power to the FDA which continues to push very harmful prescriptions out to the public without barely testing side effects... This seems to be a very dangerous bill, i cant grow my own tomatoes??? Although it seems there might have been an amendment which removed this part from the bill... its hard to tell, ive read 2 different sources and neither can confirm all the info, that info im getting from watching "End of Liberty" on youtube

The Tester Amendment of the bill did manage to exclude some smaller farmers from the more tyrannical provisions of the bill. As currently stated, this would exclude small farms that sell less than $500,000 worth of food and which sell most of their food locally. However, Senators failed to consider what's going to happen when the Federal Reserve keeps printing counterfeit money, devaluing the dollar and causing massive food price inflation. A farm that right now produces merely $100,000 worth of food (which could be a small, two-person farm) will soon find itself producing $500,000 worth of food (or more) due to the rapidly falling value of the U.S. dollar. This is how the Federal Reserve's money counterfeiting actions will further destroy America and place small family farms under the tyranny of the FDA.

Quotes from www.naturalnews.com...

This is my first post, i tried looking for similiar post this morning when i first read this bill passed on cnn, so if there is another post about this bill, please feel free to do whatever is needed

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Supposedly it won't effect home gardeners. Also, supposedly it won't effect small farmers unless they grow enough to commence with interstate trade exceeding $500,000- or something like that.

Our tomatoes are safe...for now.
edit on 30-11-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Your statement "Apparently in this bill it will now be illegal to grow,sell, or trade your own produce" is false.
You can still grow tomatoes.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join