It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A matter of National Security?!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Only the President can revoke, or amend an Executive Order? Shouldn't the President be required to study E.O.s in place before invoking any new orders?

Doing research is a daunting task, but it is necessary if one seeks to acquire any kind of knowledge…You can’t rely on someone else to do your homework, because on test days, everybody receives their own grade, and the grade you receive, is the grade you earned. If you don’t pass the test, you have to actually go back and do what you should have done in the first place. Now that we’re all grown-up and putting into practice what we have learned, we think our days of doing home work are over. Have any of us researched past and present Executive Orders of any given Presidency? Probably not; because it requires a lot of reading. And we are either too lazy, not interested, ain’t got the time, or for whatever reason we neglect the “want” to acquire more knowledge. Whose fault is it if not our own?
I’m going to link you to a couple of Executive Orders I’ll high light (emboldened) what I want to address in these two links…
E.O. 12958

Sec. 1.8. Classification Prohibitions and Limitations.
(a)   In no case shall information be classified in order to:
(1)   conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
(2)   prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
(3)   restrain competition; or
(4)   prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of national security.

E.O. 13489

Sec. 3. Claim of Executive Privilege by Incumbent President.
(a) Upon receipt of a notice of intent to disclose Presidential records, the Attorney General (directly or through the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel) and the Counsel to the President shall review as they deem appropriate the records covered by the notice and consult with each other, the Archivist, and such other executive agencies as they deem appropriate concerning whether invocation of executive privilege is justified.
(b) The Attorney General and the Counsel to the President, in the exercise of their discretion and after appropriate review and consultation under subsection (a) of this section, may jointly determine that invocation of executive privilege is not justified. The Archivist shall be notified promptly of any such determination.
(c) If either the Attorney General or the Counsel to the President believes that the circumstances justify invocation of executive privilege, the issue shall be presented to the President by the Counsel to the President and the Attorney General.
(d) If the President decides to invoke executive privilege, the Counsel to the President shall notify the former President, the Archivist, and the Attorney General in writing of the claim of privilege and the specific Presidential records to which it relates. After receiving such notice, the Archivist shall not disclose the privileged records unless directed to do so by an incumbent President or by a final court order.

I’ll explain it as it pertains to my understanding…

Sec. 1.8 of E.O. 12958 subsection (4)
It is not a matter of National Security to seal Presidential Records e.g. Birth records.

And what was the first E.O. Barak H. Obama ordered? It was to seal his birth records…With only two ways of unsealing them; either by the incumbent President, or by a final court order…
Since when are birth records considered a matter of National Security?

I found that all of the wikileak cables have the same E.O. 12958...Of interest to national security...The meaning of National Security appears to have been perverted in more ways than one.

What say you fellow members of this fine community?

Is Obama's birth record a matter of National Security?

edit on (11/30/1010 by loveguy because: Editing format

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Depends who's nation you are refering to..
The US or the Obamanation..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm expecting to get flamed again.

Barry has alot of supporters and sheople alike. My uncle is a staunch supporter and he turns a blind eye, deaf ear to anything controversial about this President.

Just to be honest and fair; I don't idolize or worship this president.

My point in starting this thread was to have others come in and point-out other "National Security" discrepancies, or rather, perversion of "National Security."

Thanks in advance for participating.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Well all I'll say as I'm not in the US, is that I kept hearing his promises of CHANGE during his campaign.
One of them was to have the most transperant govenment..
Then his first day he signs that EO..???
Makes you wonder..

edit on 30-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by loveguy

Depends who's nation you are refering to..
The US or the Obamanation..

You bring up an important point...

I'm thinking that The US has already established herself as the "one world government" by placing embassies everyplace on Earth, and following a "National Security" guideline; inside foreign (sovereign) borders?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well we the sheeple have grown weak.

Goverment is no longer accountable to the people they claim to represent.

The only reason BHO would even make an executive order like that is to hide something.

It's not rocket science.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I dont claim to KNOW why this was done.. I have a few wacky ideas though.
He is not a citizen
Smoke screen to get the natives restless. They start hollering and then obama supporters make them look absurd.. in effect making any rational argument look foolish from the natives on any subject.

He has no idea what a matter of national security is
He has no idea what he is okaying or what actually crosses hs desk, rubber stamps and now has this one to cover up for.
His parents are not his parents or in particular, his father is not his father
he is not the age he is claiming
His name is not the name he is claiming it is now. Probably something like ,,..ohh.. Malcolm. ( yeah, I saw the Obama is actually Malcolm X's kid threads elsewhere! )
He was born a female. ( joking.. I think)
His race was put as whiter rather than black as he is claiming and he couldnt get the racist black vote or claim to be the first black president...no matter that his momma was white.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hear 'ya!

Isn't it strange though the things these "politicos" are calling matters of national security?

I'm perplexed to say the least.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
it is if you are kenyan. and if his birth records show he is kenyan, then you'll likely see a riot that hasn't been seen since the civil war and obamas life would be in danger.

so i guess keeping the president alive is in the interest of national security.
edit on 30-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it is if you are kenyan. and if his birth records show he is kenyan, then you'll likely see a riot that hasn't been seen since the civil war and obamas life would be in danger.

But if that were true then he isn't the President..
I guess that would make him a foreign spy..
Treason anyone?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Im never surprised by it. I dont even know how the govt works at all with some of these goofballs in office.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

**shrug**
Id figure he was Indonesian "officially" at some point. Seems mamma had a hard time making her mind up as to what she was as well as her son.
The poor doof has an identity crisis for sure and it isnt all his fault. Hell, he couldnit even settle on a name for himself until he reached adulthood : Barry, Barak, Soetoro, Dunham, Obama... some of these names changed " officially" and then "officially" changed back.. poor widdle guy.

new topics

top topics

join