It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day My World Went Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am a changed man, I will never be the person I was a week ago and I have learned more in the past seven days than I will learn for many many years to come. This past Sunday, November 21st my father passed away. Reality has yet to set in I can not believe this has happened. Let me explain. Upon my fathers death and funeral I have had an unfortunate feud with my Aunt. Being that I am the only surviving kin of my father I own everything he has worked hard for his entire life.

This is where things get crazy. For whatever reason my aunt thinks she is entitled to take what she wants from my newly acquired household. Now I am in no means the type to deny her anything, In fact I wanted her to take anything of sentimental value that she holds true to the love of her brother. What does she do...she rummages around the house like a vulture expecting to take appliances, cds, pictures and even more im sure if I had not stepped my foot down and told her NO. This causes her to get in an uproar telling me I do not have the right to tell her any such thing. To make things short after over an hour of fighting and crying my other aunts grandmother and mother are all strung out I knew I was in the right and my rights were being violated.

I never mentioned the fact that this all happened the day after my fathers funeral. Which I was leaft with only four cards from the condolences. The rest of the cards and money were taken by my aunts and grandmother, The only reason I was leaft with anything was the fact that The four cards were addressed to me personally "John". The most terrible thing about this situation is that they had absolutely no connection to my personal friends who leaft condolences as well as my place of work and yet they took the cards and money.

This is the important part of my message! Later in the night after the feud with my aunt I was sitting in my fathers chair. Now by this time the only people in the house were myself my dog and my mother. I was alone in the family room all lights turned off except one lamp no TV on no noise just silence. I remained in the chair reclined feet up arms on the armrests just staring at the ceiling with anger and confusion from my fathers family. I close my eyes thinking trying to clear my head. I notice a numbness cold feeling entering my body i could not feel my hands and arms I still remain reclined as the sensation floods my body. ALL I could feel was my heart beating greatly and my eyes moving rapidly. This sensation pulses throughout my body and feels just like when you feel the presence of someone and it raises the hair on your body. I could not see any closed eye visuals or hear anything but the sensation was genuine. Something happened to me. I know my father was disappointed in the behavior of his family and I believe I have been reached my him. I now KNOW there is life after death I have nothing to fear I do not need to live in the sorrows of losing him I must enjoy my life as it is a privilege, When I leave my body our souls will be reacquainted.

Thanks you I needed to get this off my chest this is the most profound event in my life do things always have a purpose? Or is life just life?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I believe she is looking for love trough the things and belongings his brother had.She is searching for his lost brother's love,it's not about stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your story. I believe it, I'm sure there are many on ats that don't, but it's only because it's never happened to them. Sensing the departed after their passing is not unusual for those who have even the slightest sensitivity. To those who don't have this sensitivity, I would personally consider why. I've sensed departed, even people I'd met only a few times before their funeral. If you have respect for them, they might have respect enough for you, to want to attempt to comfort you or show you that their consciousness is still alive.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I too felt my fathers presence after he died, it was a day after his departing when I was standing in my parents room.. I was breaking down hard when I felt a hand on my shoulder...instantly a WARM CALMING feeling started at my head and quickly passed down to my feet.. I was instantly Calm and have been fine ever since.
I have a couple photos you might want to see, u2u message me.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Or is life just life?

My honest opinion, it's just life. No special meanings, no destiny, it's whatever we make of it.

Sorry for the loss though, especially the family feud.

I'll refrain from going into a "life after death" post and end with, keep your head up and stay positive.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lovely. That ordeal with you aunt must have caused your blood to boil, as it did mine while i read it.

I am very happy your dads energy was able to reach you, and I am sure he is glad as well. He probably wanted to say "I know shes a B****, just go easy".

I just responded to a post about how when my grand father died, my uncle stole 10 acres of land from my dad that he had left them. Made quiet a penny on it too. My dad turned the other cheek and 2 years later my uncle got fired from his much loved job, and my dad was hired on.

I have no idea what life is. And more importantly, I have no idea what existence is. But one thing i do no is that when an experience happens like the one you had, its an intended message to help you move through whats happening. And by god you got it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My condolences.
I lost my mother almost a year ago. It was crushing. But, I KNOW she IS there, I can feel her when I need support.
Our bodies are just a shell. I personally believe we are just starting a great journey here on Earth, one that carries on into the afterlife.
I often wonder, when we pass will we look back and laugh at the fear we had of dying, and refer to our life on Earth
as our 'pre-life' or something to that effect, Similar to the way we think of ourselves in the womb, since we barely ever think of that. Most people usually think of the day they were born as there first day on Earth.
Hang in there,
Pete D.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am sorry for your lost.I can relate.
I lost my Brother back in August (26yo), and a few in my family had experiences that cannot be explained in the following days.
The first one my Dad had as he was standing in my brother's bedroom and broke down, he said he was on the floor crying and a tin (can of chewing tobacco my brother used to chew) rolled out from under a shelf and stopped at his feet. He said he felt a calmness come over him and he felt much better.
Then a few days later my youngest brother (20yo) was downstairs, only him and the dog home. He heard the dog playing upstairs so he went to see what he was doing and the dog was standing on his hind legs batting at the air as if he was playing with someone (boxing). He said the dog did this for 2-3 minutes.
F.Y.I. my bother that passed and my dog were very close, he took him everywhere with him, and they would often play this boxing the dog was doing.
edit on 11/30/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, ive never experienced anything like this myself, but also havent lost too many people close to me... Condolences

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Having lost both parents in recent years I can tell you that the death of a loved one can often bring out the worst in people, especially greedy relatives who feel it is an economic gain when someone passes away rather than a tragic event.

Dont let the selfishness of these nasty people stand in the way of you doing what is most important and that is honoring and grieving for you father who has passed on.

If nothing else look at it this way. For the cost of a few material possessions you have successfully outed these people for what they truly are, and as such you wont ever have to deal with them again.

Good luck to you as I know what difficult days lay ahead.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You people are wonderful, your input makes me feel much better. I feel so changed as I am only 24 years old and am already realizing how much I now have to lose, I can not live the irresponsible typical life that I know through many of my friends and acquaintances. Thank You Much Love I will survive!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
condolences on the passing of your father: if your mother is still in the picture I would think she would have first claim and joint ownership of family property???(Unless the marriage was severed by divorce?)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My parents are divorced my father never remarried, This recent experience has opened my eyes. I can tell you with absolute truth that nobody has anything to fear in life.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
After my mother in law passed in 1997, lights would come on. Just the "touch" lights, tho. It was random, and lasted for a month. Hasn't happened since.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
...sadly, the vulture syndrome is very common... imo, it has nothing to do with anything but selfishness... good for you for putting your foot down... its hard sometimes but you have to or they will continue to disrespect your home and your life...

...about your dad "experience" - it was / is whatever you need / want it to be... totally your call...

...short story...

...back in the early 90s, my pappaw spared me and my youngest child from a really bad wreck... he died in 1985... i was a hot-shot route driver then... she went with me on a run... we were on the home stretch (in a regular pickup truck) - a twisty turny backwoods road... it was around 3am - super foggy...

...just as we were coming around a sharp curve, i heard pappaw yelling at me, telling me to do something that seemed very foolish - swerve hard towards a fairly deep ditch... i automatically did what he said cuz he was one of the few in my life i always minded...

...i barely missed a brahma bull standing in the middle of the road... it was grey-ish white - very eerie in the fog - and it weighed at least 3000 pounds... had i not swerved hard, we wouldve t-boned that sucker and that wouldve been VERY bad...

...we rode in silence for a few minutes, then my daughter said "holy cow, mom!" and we laughed... she asked me how i knew that bull was there, so i told her... she wasnt the least bit surprised that pappaw was still magical...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 11/30/10 by Wyn Hawks because: ...duh, double post - werent my fault, i swear...

new topics

top topics

join