It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All countries people are ignorant; the Chinese are very ignorant right now (the ones in China) because their media doesn't give them the full truth, Americans are ignorant, French are ignorant, British are ignorant, Germans are ignorant, etc......it's not like all these other countries contain smart people and Americans are dumbos or something. ALL countries have smart people and then a high proportion of ignorant dumbos.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well Hawkssss,

That's just what the Germans and Japanese thought before WWII and we let them think it , too

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well, call us whatever you want, but we didn't take over a country only for its oil like you did.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
All countries people are ignorant; the Chinese are very ignorant right now (the ones in China) because their media doesn't give them the full truth,

However, most Chinese arguing with you lived both in China and western countries. And most Americans or so called 'taiwanese' stoopid nuts in this website only apparently stay in their own small villages.

who is brain-washed? then? You and other LP lovers?

[edit on 31-12-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
It doesn't matter what China or Russia say, only what the Taiwanese think.

[edit on 12/26/2004 by bodebliss]

Here comes again, taiwanese is the king of the world. what a nut

Jesus was born in taiwan, sooner or later, bodebliss is going to say that. He also will point out that Washington was actually a taiwanese.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
well, call us whatever you want, but we didn't take over a country only for its oil like you did.

Oil is needed, it is essential, so it is imperative to exert control in the regions that have oil. Yeah, it sucks for the people that live there, but if the U.S. doesn't, then some other country will come over instead.

It isn't like the U.S. can isolate itself and not bother anyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
China just got passed over for a major Russian pipeline deal because they were too cheap.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

China just got passed over for a major Russian pipeline deal because they were too cheap.

Do you have a link for the story? If it looks interesting I might put it up as an ATSNN story.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
FredT,

here you go:

www.japantoday.com...

www.rense.com...

www.axcessnews.com...

This one sounds like chinee propaganda sour-grapes:

en.ce.cn...

Bode Bliss

[edit on 1/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Oil is needed, it is essential, so it is imperative to exert control in the regions that have oil. Yeah, it sucks for the people that live there, but if the U.S. doesn't, then some other country will come over instead.

It isn't like the U.S. can isolate itself and not bother anyone.

Hold it there for a sec....your aproveing that kind of stuff?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
China does not want to invade Taiwan. They want unification without a shot being fired and are willing to be very patient about it. If Taiwan was to move toward independence, the reaction would start off with posturing then move into the economic realm. At that point, the balance of political and social forces inside Taiwan would back off because their standard of living and their relative personal freedom is more important to them than a risky drive to independence.

Right now, China and Taiwan are both quietly profitting from their economic ties in a big way. Neither wants to upset that. Even a modest push by China will lead to a capital and skilled labour flight from Taiwan which is fundamentally counter-productive to the goal of taking Taiwan over.
(One poster mentioned taking over and matching Taiwan's expertise with slave labour conditions. Sounds great but a huge piece of the Taiwanese middle class would just leave. Again counter-productive)

If a time came wherein China was utterly dominant militarily and economically and the relationship with Taiwan did not represent much in overall economic terms, they could build pressure on Taiwan but it would be a slow process. Pushing or attacking the Taiwanese would bring resistence
but they can be slowly demoralized and resigned to an eventual unification. If the Chinese pull that off, they will have illustrated their self styled political and cultural superiority over the US. That kind of thinking plays well over there.

Furthermore, they want no part of a direct confrontation with the US. You can be absolutely sure of that. They are definitely willing to maneuver to reduce American power and influence in the world, but so is over 90% of the world. I can't say that I blame them on either count.

As far as the military balance goes, China could raise a lot of hell and devastation but trying to invade Taiwan now would be insanely costly, could well fail disasterously and would further discredit their government further in the eyes of their own people. It is not a popular government as it stands now.

This question can be asked again in 5 years although the situation might not be meaningfully different even then.

I've spent SERIOUS time in Taiwan and China over the last 8 years so I think I have a good read on this and can give many other arguments to support this perspective.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Commies, CCP might not been the best government we've had over the last few thousand years but its not ALL bad. I bet close to fifty percent of the American population disapprove of the Bush government. CCP is changing, it is no longer the kind of government you see in WWII documentaries, its changing toward toward a semi-democratic government.

No one, I believe no one (except for the mentally insane or if you just hate the other person that bad) wants another person to die for no particular reason. Same goes for China and taiwan. But separation is unacceptable, if CSB will go that far then the unwanted will just have to happen. Even though China may not win if US comes (if), we will still try and lose in gloriously because we have tried our hardest.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

FredT,
here you go:

Thanks Bode!

Not really story material, but interesting reading none the less.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Okay , heres my final take on the Situation, china will find it easier to invade taiwan than the US will find it to get China out of there..only if the chinese have the surprised element, i.e hide troop/vehicle movements etc..

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A Chinese invasion force would be hard to hide as Taiwan has satelites and so does Japan and the U.S.

[edit on 1/16/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Russia and China have two different forms of government..thats final..

otherwise we'll have to call the US govt. a tyranny or something!!!

But that doesn't stop 'em from being friends..no way..
They are not enemies Russia and China, not anymore, thats for sure..
infact I'll go as far a saying that their friendship is as good as Indo-US ties are now...really... "deny ignorance" gringos, or my 'axis of evil' might materialise before you sniff anything amiss

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A Chinese invasion force would be hard to hide as Taiwan has satelites and so does Japan and the U.S.

interesting, i just realized that. theres tens of satelites watching China and would notice if it was mobilzing a massive strike of some kind on Taiwan, which would give the U.S proper time to prepare...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN

interesting, i just realized that. theres tens of satelites watching China and would notice if it was mobilzing a massive strike of some kind on Taiwan, which would give the U.S proper time to prepare...

you watch too much hollywood movie, the current satellite technology can only keep its eye on one place for few miniutes, that is reason you need many statelllite work together to make image "live". Even that, there are many other conditions can cheat and give wrong information for satellites.

when you stop thinking stem cell research is making babies and killing babies, then you might know what satellite can really do.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by proteinx]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingyibvs
HOWEVER, if you compare something like a 95C cup with a 5C cup of water, THE 5C ONE WILL FREEZE MUCH FASTER. Likely because the difference between the masses won't affect the freezing time as much as the lower starting temperature.

Not true. Try the experiment I suggested. Take water out of the fridge and pour it into your ice cube tray and boil water and then pour that into another ice-cube tray. Now put them both in the freezer. The boiled water will begin to ice up first. It's fun, it's safe, it's science in action kiddies!

Proteinx, stop taking the protein X and get another argument.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Proteinx, stop taking the protein X and get another argument.

Sorry, my job is making Protein X not taking Protein X. And I am making Protein X, mostly, is to feed brain washed red neck american here.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by proteinx]

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join