It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
look at the back of ur tv and anything else in your house ask urself who's dad lost a job ask what he did and i bet u there factory is in china

1 mans mega billion gain in the US and UK another mans hole country loose's and the winning country gains

in world war 2 1 foot could mean death 100,000 men

nowadays money means everything

1 doller = 100,000 chinks working like fcuk for the mother land

bit by bit i know for fact china will land on the moon

and the hole world will watch in awwwwwwww and praise them a lot sooner than most will think

most things are best kept a secret

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
China landing on the moon is fine by me, because maybe then it will get more money into the U.S. space program.

And dude, please type in clearer english.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
well to me dude aint english but as a scot ive learned american slang as in yes wae ,wack,cool, and so on id say im trying im a scot from scotland the birth place of technology on the planet

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
thanks for the smallest piece of talk american makes me think uve noticed me

god bless mate or in american bud

god bless the queen and G.W.Bush

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Also, China's moon landing won't be for awhile. They plan to send a probe to the Moon in like 2012 to gather data, etc.....then they eventually plan to actually send men to the moon.

What I think is a real piss-pot is the United States and Chinese space agencies could work together and probably do some REAL outer-space stuff, the only problem is since the U.S. is wary of China and doesn't want to share advanced technology with them (rightfully so though with that gov't), the countries act on their own.

But I mean what better way to represent all of humanity even on a space mission? A joint Chinese-American spacecraft exploring the moon or beyond would be truly representative of the world, plus other countries I am sure would be able to join in, such as France, Germany, Russian, and Japan. In Arthur C. Clarke's "Space Odyssey" series, this is indeed the case. The scientists wouldn't care. But because of gov'ts and the way the world is, such a thing will never happen.

And I am way off-topic here, but this forum is on its 70th page so what the hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
this hole planet could be fed on 1st world scraps and help for a space race but they dont where all still babies as in the universe right now but 1 day yes id say so , the moon aint nothing in terms of the universe but in the baby steps as we are as the gov's in the world say witch are provin to be liers say are fact but in my mind we are a lot farther than we should

right now there is a fine line

nothing means anything realy its all orcistraited look at the bigger picture

if planet earth died because war that aint the end of humans

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well the thing with sending people farther than the Moon is the the physical and psychological factors. You look at the Earth from the Moon, and you see this great big globe, bright and beautiful in the sky. You look at the Earth from Mars and you see just a little blue dot in the sky.

Then there's the physical implications. You'd need a spacecraft that has the interior living quarters spinning like a cement truck's cement holder, so that the inertia would hold the people to the "floor"). Otherwise, no gravity would cause bone deterioration, severe muscle deterioration, etc...

Also, there's communication; light only goes so fast, and communication between Earth and Mars would take like 20 minutes just for a radio message to get to Earth from Mars, and another 20 minutes for Earth to send one back.

So basically, just to go beyond the Moon, you'd need a very high-quality, highly complex spacecraft that was completely self-reliable. Also, the crew would be in that craft for a loooooooooooong period of time, so it would need to be kind of big, bigger than a WWII submarine I'd say especially, because even those guys could surface and look out at the sea. In space you can't do that.

So I mean such a thing is highly EXPENSIVE, so if the international community could build it together, it would be a lot easier to make it I bet, if all the countries really cooperated.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Broadsword,

Interesting Moon-Mars comparison, What about the asteroid belt or Jovian system? Those would be 10 year missions at least.

NASA has already thought about revolving ships for the Mars missions and ruled them out. The reason: to even get a little close to simulating gravity the ship would have to be at least a mile in diameter. The gravity simulation produced would not exactly mimic real gravity, as when you turn angular momentum would be very different from real gravity. Think about it w/ your 3D mind.

A funny solution for the Mars mission and beyond would be to set up permanent mailboxes. Can you imagine you get back from the Jovian system and find 400,000 emails in your mailbox.

The hard shell protection in use today would not be good for long-term space flight. NASA is looking at some kind of water-filled self-repairing composite to replace what they now use.

[edit on 12/23/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisRT

Originally posted by Lucretius
yes i'm sure the US or China want to lose everything for the sake of a small island... please be realistic

If that was guard towards me I was asking why one country would do so... It would seem stupid if the whole purpose was to unite them. In reality i think china is just pissed because they cant impose their fist on them so they would rather destroy them...

Really though, it would be logical for the U.S. to just lay out china if they launched a nuke or two at Taiwan. It would take care of the future threat in just a few minutes time... We would write it off as saying that we thought that the nukes where headed for us as part of an initial attack on Taiwan... I hope those people in Washington think like so if it calls for these measures in the end.

To completely destroy China with nukes would be suicide for the entire world because that would be more than enough dust to cause Nuclear Winter and boom, the whole world's dead (except for the CHinese people in Tibet where its the only place on earth that could survive a nuclear winter).

Nukes won't be used in the Taiwan conflict as we want to preserve the population and economy and this is a war for peace not a war for total annilation. And by the time the Taiwan strait problem succumb to war, China will have enough power to stop the American CBGs with its own selfmade weapons (8-10 years).

No Bodebliss, UCAV and your Unmanned sub hunters are not operational and they are at least 20 years of research from replacing the manned versions. There are MANY problems that needs to be solved, lag, jamming, ground control, communications and things like that and our AI developement is nowhere to replace manned subs. You can keep on dreaming but UCAVs and Unmanned combat vehicles are close but no where near full deployment.

YJ-91 is made specially for the AWACS and radar site problems as its speed of mach 4.5 and long range will make it extremely difficult for Electronic warfare and Awacs and radar sites to escape.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Broadsword,

Interesting Moon-Mars comparison, What about the asteroid belt or Jovian system? Those would be 10 year missions at least.

NASA has already thought about revolving ships for the Mars missions and ruled them out. The reason: to even get a little close to simulating gravity the ship would have to be at least a mile in diameter. The gravity simulation produced would not exactly mimic real gravity, as when you turn angular momentum would be very different from real gravity. Think about it w/ your 3D mind.

A funny solution for the Mars mission and beyond would be to set up permanent mailboxes. Can you imagine you get back from the Jovian system and find 400,000 emails in your mailbox.

The hard shell protection in use today would not be good for long-term space flight. NASA is looking at some kind of water-filled self-repairing composite to replace what they now use.

[edit on 12/23/2004 by bodebliss]

Wow, I didn't know that about the spacecraft; that's actually too bad. Yeah, "deep" space travel (from the Earth to Mars!!) sure is dangerous; I am sure we could do it, just no one has the $$$ to pour into research right now.

Now if the the world was ruled by me, we'd be exploring the entire ocean floor (I mean 2000 feet down and some of those areas look like they're from "Lord of the Rings," who knows what its really down there; this one underwater canyon is actually far more impressive than the Grand Canyon even, just its under the ocean so no one sees it; the ocean world is truly alien though, plus 2000 feet is nothing, the ocean goes down to 32,000 at the deepest measured point so far), and we'd be researching lots of ways to explore outer space. It would also be cool to explore the ocean on that moon of Jupiter, I forget what it is called, but it has the big ocean of some type of liquid that may contain life.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Broadsword,

Sounds like you might be ready for the research groups they have here.

Talk about huge! The Grand Canyon of Mexico is called Copper Canyon that is 3X the size of our Grand Canyon.

www.mexperience.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Damn, that is big; I'll have to go see both.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
COWlan, I'm not talking about nuclear annihilation but rather to place a few well sized nukes on a few key cities to effectively expire the countries progress...

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisRT
COWlan, I'm not talking about nuclear annihilation but rather to place a few well sized nukes on a few key cities to effectively expire the countries progress...

A few nukes from USA=a few nukes from China=more nukes from USA=more nukes from China=even more nukes from USA=even more nukes from China=Throw all the nukes from USA=Throw all the nukes from China.

So even 1 nuke will mean MAD.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That's debatable... One wonders why the missile shield is being some promptly set up...

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To stop so called "rougue states" from simply launching a pre-emptive strike against the US.

China is not a rogue state and it also posses the technology to get around any US missile shield.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
^^^ china only has ~13 or so inaccurate missiles capable of hitting the U.S. Most of their useful missiles are pointed towards Russia as allot of Russian missiles are pointed towards china.
When the missile shield was proposed in the early 80s it was to stall a 10,000+ nuke armed Russia� when tuned it will easily take care of what china has to throw at us.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
rumor has it that china has over 1000 nuclear missiles with range to hit most places on continental US soil.

The last time China released details on their nuclear capacity was a decade ago so do you think they have been sitting around doing nothing with antiquated tech all these years?

I'll try and dig up a couple of links for you

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Lucretius]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The DF-31 is a three-stage, solid fuel, 8,000~10,000 km range ICBM, which could reach targets in entire Europe, the west coast and several northern Rocky Mountain states of America. Current load of the missile is a single 700 kg one-megaton yield thermonuclear warhead, although MIRV with lighter yield warheads is an expected option.

As part of the new generation of missiles, the DF-31's characteristics include road mobility, advanced materials engineering for payload and booster, improved solid-fuel propellant as well as endoatmospheric re-entry decoys, making it very difficult to counterattack at any stage of its operation, from pre-flight mobile operations through to terminal flight phases.

SPECIFICATIONS

Configuration: Three stage
Length: ~10 m
Diameter: ~2 m
Launch Weight: >20,000 kg
Propellant: Solid fuel
Guidance: Inertial (?)
Range: 8,000~10,000 km
Deployment: Silo or mobile
Re-entry Vehicle Mass: ~700 kg
Warhead: One single 1,000 kT, or up to three 50~100 kT multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle (MIRV)
CEP: 400 to 500 m
Launch Preparation Time: ~15 min

www.sinodefence.com...

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Lucretius]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So, they did field it? That�s awesome... That isn�t to say our economy wouldn�t come out unsaved with a nuclear exchange with china...

You, of all people should know the reason the U.S., and Russia kept so many nukes was that they both agreed that it would take ~5-8k of them to extremely degrade the others economy. They where political, as well as economic bargaining chips...

As we stand I don�t see china having the capabilities to do more then give our economy a cold� that is what it�s all about in the end, destroying ones economy thus destroying their military.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join