It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

But how does it compare with the speed of Sound? It is like a snail when compared with a supersonic missile. Even at 45.21 Knots, it is equivalent to 23.57 Meter/second, while speed of sound is about 334 meters/second.

To devilwasp, when you can see the missile, it is already too later. You are only seconds from destruction.

WRONG
to the lst point short range crews have the phalax wich is a remarkable gun and the goal keeper or american equivalent.
second u need to be in a positon to fire them and most only have a 300km range also those large missles u use have to be air launched or ground launched meaning much shorter range. they cant hit a target if it is farther away than your missiles range.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
to the lst point short range crews have the phalax wich is a remarkable gun and the goal keeper or american equivalent.
second u need to be in a positon to fire them and most only have a 300km range also those large missles u use have to be air launched or ground launched meaning much shorter range. they cant hit a target if it is farther away than your missiles range.

The Rolling airframe missile RAM is also being fielded to counter supersonic sea skimming missiles like the sunburn. The real battle will be poping the shooters before they can fire off thier missiles. The carriers will be at a decent standoff range and should have time to move and react to threats. If the US Navy is stupid enough to put a carrier between China and Taiwan in the straight, then things will be exciting for that CBG to say the least.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

WRONG

These missiles has a range of 3000 KMs. If US forces are out of that range, there will be no concern for PLA.
Would please read following analysis in Chinese.
www.wforum.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

These missiles has a range of 3000 KMs. If US forces are out of that range, there will be no concern for PLA.
www.wforum.com...

The page is in Chinese so I can't really make heads or tails of it, but the adds were in English. Please post a link to your 3000 km anti ship missile?

The SS-n-22 Sunburn has a range of about 250 km
globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 1-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

www.wforum.com...

funny how in chinese defence today THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY MISSILES LIKE THESE.
what nato designation are they the biggest u have is 1800km

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

www.wforum.com...

funny how in chinese defence today THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY MISSILES LIKE THESE.
what nato designation are they the biggest u have is 1800km

Funny, you think there is no secret on Chinese weapons.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

no u said they were recently declasified so that means they would be on da official site unless we're talking about secet weapons then i can justifably say that the US boing 747 laser jet would shoot them down.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

no u said they were recently declasified so that means they would be on da official site unless we're talking about secet weapons then i can justifably say that the US boing 747 laser jet would shoot them down.

Only a snippet is disclosed days ago only.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well then how did they get it?
the military would get it first. not the civies.
dont kid yourself you have no 3000k supersonic anti ship missiles, no one does. the best you have is a 1800k supersonic conventianal artillery missile.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think China just bomb taiwan's military base, and leave it to US to build it again, then they bomb it years later....A successful independence can only be gained as the motherland is weak enough..

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

well then how did they get it?
the military would get it first. not the civies.
dont kid yourself you have no 3000k supersonic anti ship missiles, no one does. the best you have is a 1800k supersonic conventianal artillery missile.

Chinese government disclosed that on the high tension of Taiwan strait.
Even with only 1800 Km, it is enough since Taiwan is only about 200 KM from Mainland.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Don't forget about Japan they would help protect South korea if north korea did invade and last I checked China and Japan hate each other too.China and north korea would lose if a war would break out but in the end they both have nukes so no one would win. That's why I hope to god they get this missile shield up and perfected before a war does break out and believe me a war is going to come eventually. VOTE BUSH!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Don't forget about Japan they would help protect South korea if north korea did invade and last I checked China and Japan hate each other too.China and north korea would lose if a war would break out but in the end they both have nukes so no one would win. That's why I hope to god they get this missile shield up and perfected before a war does break out and believe me a war is going to come eventually. VOTE BUSH!

As I stated that Japanese Payback for their atrocities before WWII and in WWII is long over due. If Japan bases are used for attacking PLA, those bases will be destroyed. If Japan forces are attacking PLA, Japan will be wiped off from the planet. They better not mess in Taiwan Strait. Chinese people will have no more mercy for them, only rage and revenge.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry

The missiles shield would probably start a war.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseKnob

The missiles shield would probably start a war.

The missile shield is a defensive weapon only. How would it precipitate a war? It is of use to limited threats only. Hardly robust enough to absorb a full scale ChiCom attack. Please get a grip.....

The flip side is if the shield could absorb a fullscale attack, why would you then attack us?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

As I stated that Japanese Payback for their atrocities before WWII and in WWII is long over due. If Japan bases are used for attacking PLA, those bases will be destroyed. If Japan forces are attacking PLA, Japan will be wiped off from the planet. They better not mess in Taiwan Strait. Chinese people will have no more mercy for them, only rage and revenge.

that my friend is not how you should think. we owe the french,germans,japanese,north koreaqns and the argintinans revenge but we dont say thier long over due. also if you attack japan you will be attacking a defenseless country and would lose honour are you prepared to do that?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

that my friend is not how you should think. we owe the french,germans,japanese,north koreaqns and the argintinans revenge but we dont say thier long over due. also if you attack japan you will be attacking a defenseless country and would lose honour are you prepared to do that?

The Japanese should repent for what they have done and apologize for what they have done like the honorable Germans. Chinese people will forgive their atrocities, otherwise the Japanese are just reminding the Chinese people the atrocity they have done everyday. When the day comes, it will be eruption like a vocano without any mercy. It is in Japan's own interest to stay out of mess in Taiwan Strait.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The Japanese should repent for what they have done and apologize for what they have done like the honorable Germans. Chinese people will forgive their atrocities, otherwise the Japanese are just reminding the Chinese people the atrocity they have done everyday. When the day comes, it will be eruption like a vocano without any mercy. It is in Japan's own interest to stay out of mess in Taiwan Strait.

IF you handt noticed MANY japanese have said sorry.
yes well you can be a volcano for all you want but you harm a defenseless country then you WILL be attacked. Be it japan or otherwise! cant you at least get over it! jeez i mean we never apologized to the french and vice versa and they were our worst enemy. the only way you can move forward is to take the first step. not wait for the other person to.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

IF you handt noticed MANY japanese have said sorry.
yes well you can be a volcano for all you want but you harm a defenseless country then you WILL be attacked. Be it japan or otherwise! cant you at least get over it! jeez i mean we never apologized to the french and vice versa and they were our worst enemy. the only way you can move forward is to take the first step. not wait for the other person to.

China has taken a Giant step in waiving trillions of war compensation for Japanese atrocities in WWII. Yet, the Japanese continuously beautify their aggression in China, denying atrocities like Nanjing Masecare, visiting war crime shrines by PM, not disclosing information on left Bio-Chemical weapons in China, etc. If those happened to your country, will you furious? If the Japanese are sincere as the Germans by acknowledging and denouncing what they have done, then Chinese people will be more than glad to move forward.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
YOU didnt have your country pillaged!
you didnt get oppressed.
YOU did get your women raped by the local land lord!
you didnt have your countries traditions banned to stop them from starting a revolution!
you know who done this ? england did BUT i dont care. like my national anthenm says "those days are past now ,and in the past they must remain." we have moved on we dont hate the english but dont hate them
also to all english people on here i do relise that this was happaning to the normal english man/women in england and i am not blameing you or your country.
mabye you should move on zcheng!
also the japanses have don nothing compared to wha twe western countries have done in our pasts so DONT go on about how evil japan is they are completley peacfule now! unlike a few nations i can name!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join