It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 62
1
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx

I think you just twisted the basic fact. It is you want to betray Mainland and cause the hostility between mainland and taiwan. Before 1995, almost everything looks great. Since I was a kid, I was educated as “brothers and sisters in the island”, the island is “best island, or treasure island of Chinese”, since I was in mid school, I was educated as brothers and sister now come back to invest to help us. I was adimring and loving you people and most of us did. However, things become ugly, such ugly once you want to betray this country, most important, I think that is reason I hate you “son * of * bi*” too much is you guys keep trying to make connection with Japs, which rapped China so hard and so pain in not-long ago. Now you naively think once taian get independence, you will not become the “enemy”? The other thing, go to take look at the map, you will understand how important taiwan geograhically important to China or Chinese enemy. Onec Taiwan officially get independent, the door for China to revive basically closed forever, that alone can make you the enemy of China forever. So, please donot twist the basic reason and consequences.



Hmm...I don't know what to say to this. Did I ever mention that I am Japanese or something?

Japan colonized Taiwan since Ching dynasity, so there are "connection" between Taiwan and Japan. Taiwan obsorbs some Japanese culture during that time but that does not mean Taiwanese are Japanese. You can not undo the history and Taiwan was Japan's colony, that is the basic fact. Taiwan did not choose to be a colony. But it just happened.

Some people in Taiwan like Japanese culture, but not everyone. And like or learn a little bit Japanese culture is not the same as becoming Japanese. Everyone in Taiwan knows what Japan did in WW2 in China as well.

I know Taiwan might have some strategic importance for China if China chooses to spread its claws into the pacifics. But that is not a major concern for me.

Edit: also, other countries will probably try to prevent China from spreading its influence into the Pacifics, if China tries to do so, would they become China's enemies forever as well?


[edit on 9-12-2004 by twchang]




posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
[I'm sure it's a much more derogatory than "ChiCom".


Cute, however, the Japs is a WWII derogatory term. ChiCom is a abreviation for Chinese Communist. However, I will refrain from using the term as you seem to deem it offensive. In the future when I discuss human rights violations by the Chineese Communist government I will make sure I spell it out.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
wow! 82 threads of chicom ccp drone BS and china still hasn't invaded Taiwan


Nox

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
wow! 82 threads of chicom ccp drone BS and china still hasn't invaded Taiwan


Well, this is partially why I took offense to "chicom". Although it's supposedly an abbreviation for Chinese Communist, it's often applied to Chinese in general, implying that all Chinese are communists.

This post makes it much easier to see. "Chicom CCP" under your strict definitions would mean "Chinese Communist Chinese Communist Party", which doesn't make sense. Taking in context, we realize that ChiCom is merely used as a derogatory term for ALL Chinese.
I think some words that start off unoffending, become offensive terms as time goes on (such as "*egro" which was original commonly used, not even offensively as the "other word" was). We especially need to take into consideration the fact that China isn't even communist. The communist party is "communist" in name only, as most of us already know.

I apologize if I was too harsh or offensive myself, Fred. I realize now that you are actually more reasonable than I immediately gave you credit for.


[edit on 10-12-2004 by Nox]



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Personally, I think China has no right to "unite" with Taiwan; Taiwan was NOT part of China. There was the Communist Party and the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party lost and retreated to Taiwan. The Communists took over control of China. There is nothing that says the Taiwanese people or Taiwan belongs to China, except the Communist Party, which took over China.

But regardless, even if Taiwan WAS a part of China, the Taiwanese people have been governing themselves long enough and China has a gov't that drove over its own people in tanks and is very manipulative of its press and people; and lies, and jeez, talk about nationalism over there.

I hope Taiwan can fend off China (which right now they could invasion-wise, but not in about 5-10 years alone).



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Actually, there was the Communist party and the Nationalist Party, the Kuo Min Tang, or KMT. Ask anyone who lived through the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties, the KMT weren't democratic at all. Just like the other rock (RoK) was never democratic. But it is now. As is South Korea.

Mainland China, on the other hand, has never been democratic. Not in the days of Sun Yat Sen and not now.

And Chicom is/was used to refer to all mainland Chinese to differentiate them from Taiwanese Chinese. Back in the days when US one-China policy recognised the KMT and the RoC, not the CCP and the PRC.

If China had a population of half a billion in 1949 why did it take until the eighties to pass a billion? If I remember the docos on the beginning of the one-child policy correctly the average family had six children. If every new generation was producing more than twice its own number...
Are these figures incorrect or are my maths and memory a little hazy? (I'll admit population growth ain't my thing!)



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nox


This post makes it much easier to see. "Chicom CCP" under your strict definitions would mean "Chinese Communist Chinese Communist Party", which doesn't make sense. Taking in context, we realize that ChiCom is merely used as a derogatory term for ALL Chinese.
I think some words that start off unoffending,


I'm so Ronery.. So Ronery..So Ronery and Sadry Arone...There's No One.. Just me Onry...Sitting on my rittle throne / I work very hard to be number one guy / but stihr there's no one who right up my rife...




posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Actually, there was the Communist party and the Nationalist Party, the Kuo Min Tang, or KMT. Ask anyone who lived through the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties, the KMT weren't democratic at all. Just like the other rock (RoK) was never democratic. But it is now. As is South Korea.

Mainland China, on the other hand, has never been democratic. Not in the days of Sun Yat Sen and not now.

And Chicom is/was used to refer to all mainland Chinese to differentiate them from Taiwanese Chinese. Back in the days when US one-China policy recognised the KMT and the RoC, not the CCP and the PRC.

If China had a population of half a billion in 1949 why did it take until the eighties to pass a billion? If I remember the docos on the beginning of the one-child policy correctly the average family had six children. If every new generation was producing more than twice its own number...
Are these figures incorrect or are my maths and memory a little hazy? (I'll admit population growth ain't my thing!)


Yeah, my bad, I meant there was the Communist Party and another party battling each other, and the communists won.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think tomorrow China will be back-handed in the FACE one more time.

Taiwan elections will be the way to better relations after.

Follow the honest coverage of events of the election here.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Pro Independance party may gain a majority in the Taiwanese legislature. The ATSNN article link is below

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Personally, I think China has no right to "unite" with Taiwan; Taiwan was NOT part of China. There was the Communist Party and the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party lost and retreated to Taiwan. The Communists took over control of China. There is nothing that says the Taiwanese people or Taiwan belongs to China, except the Communist Party, which took over China.

But regardless, even if Taiwan WAS a part of China, the Taiwanese people have been governing themselves long enough and China has a gov't that drove over its own people in tanks and is very manipulative of its press and people; and lies, and jeez, talk about nationalism over there.

I hope Taiwan can fend off China (which right now they could invasion-wise, but not in about 5-10 years alone).


WOW. Total BS. So many people ignored you and you made another account and is now trying to spread BS again. Ignorance. Stop that. Taiwan WAS a part of China. No doubt. Hey, American history isn't so pretty either alright? Look at the Racism, all the senseless violence against Un-White Americans. The battles with the Natives and taking their land forcefully. No country's history is pretty (maybe except for Canada but Canada is hippie land). If you are gonna start naming Chinese pasts why don't you read a little about the American past and how many people killed in the native wars, the war between the North and the South, Vietnam, Korea and all the other countries that suffered from American influence.

P.S. Don't even bother to write back because I am ignoring you again.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by COWlan]



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
More B.S.!? I'm pretty much one of the only people here who hasn't said a lot of B.S.

And yeah I made another account, no, not because people ignored me; I actually do not even know how many have or did. If they did though, they just got tired of the truth in a lot cases. I made another account because I had to restart my computer which logged me off of my other account. I tried to log back on, but something went wrong and it wouldn't let me. I decided to just make another account instead.

And uuuh, no, not B.S. Yes, the U.S. had an ugly history too, but that was in the PAST. If I had been a person living back then and I was the way I am now, I'd have most likely been against the U.S. just killing off the Native Americas like that. There is a reason the U.S. took all that land, you know; so that the European countries wouldn't come in later on and take it over; we wanted them away from us, so the U.S. expanded into the land.

HOWEVER, the WAY in which the land was taken was very mean with what they did to the Native Americans. But that is the past. As I said, I'd have been against that treatment at that time.

But does that give the dictatorship Chinese gov't any right to take over Taiwan? Not in my book. The Taiwanese are a separate people with a separate gov't now.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey Broadsword,

Ever notice the Chinese posters come at the same exact time each day and leave at the same time each day.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

And yeah I made another account, no, not because people ignored me; I actually do not even know how many have or did. If they did though, they just got tired of the truth in a lot cases. I made another account because I had to restart my computer which logged me off of my other account. I tried to log back on, but something went wrong and it wouldn't let me. I decided to just make another account instead.


yea...if you can't beat them at posting stuff..nuke 'em, nice policy chicom hackers. li'lle do they know we indians can beat their arse on IT.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Hey Broadsword,

Ever notice the Chinese posters come at the same exact time each day and leave at the same time each day.


yeah, it's like one is an exact clone of the other.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, they can't afford diversity in China so they must walk lock-step everywhere they go, and keep looking over their shoulders. Just in case, the authorities are watching them.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Since when did ATS degrade down to the bare flaming and bashing? Wow, people, we are here to discuss ideas, theories and innovations not your feelings about one another. Now lets get back on the topic.



posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
COWlan,


FredT issued a challenge earlier to the regular posters here to join the discussion on his new thread, Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about the Taiwan election.

[edit on 12/10/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
dudes, the PAC-2 and PAC-3 only shoots friendly's



posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
They're also developing home made cruise missles and mid-range ballistic missles.

What's needed is a few thousand of those and a doomsday firing system that will make the CCP think twice.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

log in

join