It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 60
1
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

log in

join
share:
Nox

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh please.

We all know Jesus was an American citizen.



[edit on 6-12-2004 by Nox]




posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
If you loved someone , but the feeling was not mutual , or you were married and your significant other was calling it quits, would threaten to and prepare to kill the object of your desire?



Say, even your analog is quite naive, but I certainly can follow:

the answer for you is yes-------if the wife want to grab properties interited from my ancestor and want to marry my enemy and use it to against my future. the answer is yes. you are changing from wife to traitor (in fact, you are more like our kid instead of wife if I haev to make a similar analog)

You are free to leave any time, the house is mine and we inherite it from the ancestor. okay? get it?




[edit on 6-12-2004 by proteinx]

[edit on 6-12-2004 by proteinx]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pol Pot. He's not one of the few dictators that I liked. A person who treat their own race like Sh!t does not deserve to live. I did a and I went on the internet to find a few pictures. Guess what? I found a few guys holding a boy's head (decapitated) in mid air, I saw literally bone FIELDS just full of bones from the people Pol Pot killed and Pol killed his own son. I personally have no problem for Vietnam to kick Pol Pots a$$. But the decision was not made by me anyways.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Since all proteix can do is call taiwanese feminine and fling names around, i'll just do the same.

Proteix, are you a stupid moron? Jesus WAS born in Taiwan.

Looks like the Boba milk tea craze from Tainan has caught on in DA LU (Mainland). We should have included cyanide as an ingredient and given it to the Chicoms.

Hey, why don't you run me over with a TANK? HAHAHA OH WAIT... You can't get a VISA to get onto Taiwan. Hmm.... Too bad.... You talk about bombing us, but no bombs yet.... And still no VISA for you. HAHA

See, I can be just as eloquent as Proteix.


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Regardless,

don't apply your dislike of ProteinX to all of us.

ProteinX asked some questions that (understandably) you and twchang refuse to answer. However, I and a few others have addressed the same issues and asked the same questions.

Perhaps you can stop using ProteinX's rude behaviour as a shield and start addressing the issues instead?



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
hmm...I thought I answered several times. I am not going to repost them over and over. I might have missed some of his questions but I don't know which ones.

What do you guys want to know exactly?

Again, there are a lot of reasons, and different people in Taiwan might give you different onces. The ones I can think of:
1. be able to use Taiwan as an official name, not ROC. Therefore reflect the current status more clearly and eliminate confusion.
2. be able to join UN and other global organization. and be able to get free from China's diplomatic pressure in those organizations.
3. be able to decide what is best for Taiwan with less influence from outside.
...etc.

now, you guys can mock them or do whatever like before, I am not going to discuss these much anymore because these stuff is way off topic and it is the people in Taiwan that should decide if all these reasons are stupid or not.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by twchang]


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I didn't mock the reasons (they are reasonable. haha). I did (and will) argue with some of them though.
Give me some time, I'm busy now, but maybe not by the end of the day.

I checked, and couldn't find where you explicitly mentioned ALL of those points. If you did, I apologize (be reasonable, this thread is 80 pages long...).



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
maybe someone should start another thread in Politics @ ATS for these issues. Or maybe we should discuss this in Taiwan's forum...because all these are really in the area of Taiwan's domestic politics, although they involve some international affairs.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theguyver
Since all proteix can do is call taiwanese feminine and fling names around, i'll just do the same.

Proteix, are you a stupid moron? Jesus WAS born in Taiwan.

Looks like the Boba milk tea craze from Tainan has caught on in DA LU (Mainland). We should have included cyanide as an ingredient and given it to the Chicoms.

Hey, why don't you run me over with a TANK? HAHAHA OH WAIT... You can't get a VISA to get onto Taiwan. Hmm.... Too bad.... You talk about bombing us, but no bombs yet.... And still no VISA for you. HAHA

See, I can be just as eloquent as Proteix.


Did you mean bubble milk tea? We had that since we were little kids and believe me, its not a craze, my family hates it, my friends hated it and one of my friends thought the "bubble" was made from gum.


I won't even try to flame at you for the Jesus thing. I used to go to a Catholic school and I dare you to say that in the school, expultion (won't be able to go to any school in the same city for 2 years, not even private ones) and you'll get your a$$ beat to a pulp because remember, some gangsters are religious.

You know what? I am starting to get the feeling that you really are feminine, if someone insults you, ignore him like I do but look at you "OOOOHHHH I just HAVE to make a come back for that."

P.S: Your come back sucked.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
hmm...I thought I answered several times. I am not going to repost them over and over. I might have missed some of his questions but I don't know which ones.

What do you guys want to know exactly?

Again, there are a lot of reasons, and different people in Taiwan might give you different onces. The ones I can think of:
1. be able to use Taiwan as an official name, not ROC. Therefore reflect the current status more clearly and eliminate confusion.
2. be able to join UN and other global organization. and be able to get free from China's diplomatic pressure in those organizations.
3. be able to decide what is best for Taiwan with less influence from outside.
...etc.

now, you guys can mock them or do whatever like before, I am not going to discuss these much anymore because these stuff is way off topic and it is the people in Taiwan that should decide if all these reasons are stupid or not.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by twchang]



just like I reply you I can fly.
what you will answer: you will ask me "how?"
I will ask the same question "how" for your sentences 'you are able to do this, you are able to do that"
if you can NOT answer 'how",then your words are empty talks.


[edit on 8-12-2004 by proteinx]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
You know what? I am starting to get the feeling that you really are feminine, if someone insults you, ignore him like I do but look at you "OOOOHHHH I just HAVE to make a come back for that."

P.S: Your come back sucked.


After that great post I'll have to be convinced not to close this thread. It's really degenerated into nothing more than insult hurling. Next volley of insults will result in the thread being closed.


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
just like I reply you I can fly.
what you will answer: you will ask me "how?"
I will ask the same question "how" for your sentences 'you are able to do this, you are able to do that"
if you can NOT answer 'how",then your words are empty talks.


Transliterated for twchang's edification:

Originall posted by ProteinX
Just as you would make unfounded assertions, I will make an equally ridiculous assertion: "I can fly."
Before you decide to ask me, "How?" I suggest you take a close look at your own statements and see how your own question to me would apply to yourself.
If you can't even do that, then your hollow words are not worth my time.




[edit on 8-12-2004 by Nox]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox

Originally posted by proteinx
just like I reply you I can fly.
what you will answer: you will ask me "how?"
I will ask the same question "how" for your sentences 'you are able to do this, you are able to do that"
if you can NOT answer 'how",then your words are empty talks.


Transliterated for twchang's edification:

Originall posted by ProteinX
Just as you would make unfounded assertions, I will make an equally ridiculous assertion: "I can fly."
Before you decide to ask me, "How?" I suggest you take a close look at your own statements and see how your own question to me would apply to yourself.
If you can't even do that, then your hollow words are not worth my time.




[edit on 8-12-2004 by Nox]


Well, there are language barriers for him because Chinese people RARELY ever speak english. We don't need to speak english and speaking english in China would be stupid because no one would understand what you are saying.


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I didn't mean to honestly offend proteinx.

I thought the
smileys would denote some amount of sarcasm or playful humor.

Apologies if offense was taken!



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I agree w/ you COWlan.

We sometimes have language problems here that cause misunderstandings , frustration , and anger.

The best thing to do at that point would be , not to post before the steam escapes your mind.

Afterall , swearing is a crutch used in the place of a word that would suit the situation better , if you were to take the time to look for it.







[edit on 12/8/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
what do I want to know exactly?

I asked many times, I ask again :

What are the most possible immediate consequences after taiwan delcare independence?

When war happened between China and USA (if that happen) because taiwan, what will the taiwan's situation look like?

What ECONOMY benifit will taiwan normal pepple get or lose after taiwan declare independence and remain hostility against China mainland? why? and how?

What military and national security benifit will taiwan government get or lose after taiwan declare independence and remain hostility against China mainland? why? and how?

What political benifit will taiwan government get or lose after taiwan declear independence and remain hostile against China mainland, why? and how?


Based on the above analysis, will taiwanese life gettting better or worse after independence? why? and how?

please, dont use empty talk, I need your solid analysis and answer.
do NOT just say these like "once taiwan get...then taiwan get ...", please offer some reasoning procedures and show us, please. If you keep saying those "once....then...", then I can keep saying "once i get a wing, then I can fly". -------sounds stupid but same logic with yours.




[edit on 8-12-2004 by proteinx]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
your so called "taiwanese", two of you, cannot provide single solid analysis at this point.
good luck for your "culture revolution"


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
^^

The angry man has a point.


I actually agree with a lot of his points.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here's my solution to the impasse in the Taiwan Strait.

Why don't the chinese have a few million children line the coast across from Taiwan and sing songs of LOVE for Taiwan , while throwing flower pedals in the Taiwan Strait.

I'm sure the taiwanese would feel the change and respond joyfully .

A new era of cross strait friendliness would bloom!



[edit on 12/8/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx

What are the most possible immediate consequences after taiwan delcare independence?

When war happened between China and USA (if that happen) because taiwan, what will the taiwan's situation look like?

What ECONOMY benifit will taiwan normal pepple get or lose after taiwan declare independence and remain hostility against China mainland? why? and how?

What military and national security benifit will taiwan government get or lose after taiwan declare independence and remain hostility against China mainland? why? and how?

What political benifit will taiwan government get or lose after taiwan declear independence and remain hostile against China mainland, why? and how?

Based on the above analysis, will taiwanese life gettting better or worse after independence? why? and how?



alright, I will try to answer this. I am not a political experts so I won't know anything. If I didn't answer your question, please make it more specific, but I don't know everything so don't expect me to answer everything you asked. But that doesn't mean I support independence for no reasons.

Also, as mentioned by someone else before, the reasons are mostly in what Taiwan will loss if Taiwan losts its independence, not in what Taiwan will gain.

Another thing is that Taiwan's independence does not mean hositility against China. If a war does not occur, the situation will not be worse than right now, because right now China is hostile against Taiwan. If China choose not to be hostile to Taiwan, then there is no problem because Taiwan will not choose to be China's enemy.

But first of all, Taiwan will not declare independence immidiately. So I wouldn't say there is an immidiate consequence. Taiwan is already indepentent in practice, so the "indepentent support" we discussed is the support to adjust things so they fit more with the current status of Taiwan, and therefore make things easier. For example, the constitution can be changed or modified to suit Taiwan better without the wierd interference of China or US.

In economy, Taiwan's economy is not set in stone. It will adjust itself. If China doesn't like Taiwan's investment there, they can just invest the money else where such as India, Mylasia and other countries, or moving some of the investment back to Taiwan, which will actually be better for the average people in Taiwan because it means more job oppertunities. Moreover, because China always want other countries to uphold that Taiwan is part of China, Taiwan usually have difficulties to establish trade agreement etc with other countries. If Taiwan is independent, China's arguement on other countries not to have official ties with Taiwan will be weaken, therefore it might become easier for Taiwan. But overall I wouldn't say that there are much to gain from "independence" in terms of economy, because Taiwan is already indepentent, and what you have now is probably only a bit less of what you will get.

In terms of national security, there is a big benefit. If Taiwan is officially recognizes as an independent nation, then an aggression by China will be less likely because in the current situation of the world, aggression towards another nation is not favorable. Currently, only US openly states that it will not tolerate a war in Taiwan Strait. If Taiwan becomes officially independent, then Taiwan will be protected more by the international law, not just by US. Also, Taiwan can buy weapons from other countries more easily because they will have more grounds for supporting their arm sells to Taiwan.

In terms of politics, I think it is more of an assurance that Taiwan's government continue to do what they are doing now, and not to have much direct or indirect interference of China's government. Taiwan's people can continue their life as it is now as well. The added benefits are that Taiwan's leader can openly visit other country with less pressure from China because China will have less ground to apply its pressure like they are doing now. Also, this will lower the confusion in Taiwan. Because the past brainwash material of KMT, some people in Taiwan still dreams of the old ROC that spans the current territory of PRC and Mangolia. This is not really independent movement, but it is part of it. By moving along, those people will see the situation as the current situation, instead of a dream nation that does not exist. If they realise the situation and decide that they like PRC more, then I am sure Taiwan's government will not stop them from moving to China.

So overall, I think by moving along with the independent process, people's lives will stay as it is now and have more assurance that their life will stay pretty much the same with some natural improvement by economic and political progress as the country move along, if China does not start a war.

That is all I can think of now. There are probably a lot other people in Taiwan that has a lot more and better reasons, I have seen some very nice posts in Taiwan's forum.

edit: I am busy so I probably won't reply that much answer anymore...so don't expect me to answer that much on "how?", "why?"...etc.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by twchang]

[edit on 8-12-2004 by twchang]



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

log in

join