It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
By invading Taiwan anytime soon, China would ultimately loses the opportunity to host the Olympics.

That my friends, is important. They would not do it before this time for sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
that is absolutely another funny thought:

when you comparing "hosting a game" vs. "unity of a nation".

are they in the same level??? Everytime I saw news like "China won't touch Taiwan at all cause they are scared of ruinning the game", I just ask myself: "what the hell are these people thinking at all?"..........

I think any person with normal sense knows the answer.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
Chiang:

Hawkssss has been really polite to you when he called your brother and you threw works back "disgusting".

Hmm...I assume you are talking to me.

I don't consider calling brothers as polite. I won't go around calling others, even people in Taiwan, brothers. I can see that Hawksss is becoming friendlier, neverthless.

But Hawksss seems to call all people in Taiwan brothers, not just me, and that is a mistake. Because Chinese government has continually threaten people in Taiwan. Chinese officials continually try to destroy Taiwan's diplomatic efforts, and denying Taiwan entering any world organization anyway they can. I have seen many flame wars between Taiwanese and Chinese on message board, in which Chinese threaten Taiwanese while calling them brothers...it is like some one slap you in the face while calling you brothers. That is why I said it is disgusting.

If Hawksss really consider people in Taiwan brothers, that is fine. But he must also think about this: as brothers, he needs to respect the decision of Taiwanese. ie, he will accept Taiwan's official independence if Taiwanese choose to declare independence. In return, Taiwanese will be friendlier to him. If every Chinese and Taiwanese can do the same, then this question "Can China Invade Taiwan" won't even exists.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by twchang]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Now let's make certain things clear. First, our governments have differences, but the people are nontheless brothers by blood. You told me your ancestors were from Fujian, didn't you? If you don't want to be brothers with us, that's fine. Remember one chinese saying: courtesy first, force second. If that's how you choose, you shall get what you ask for.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
Now let's make certain things clear. First, our governments have differences, but the people are nontheless brothers by blood. You told me your ancestors were from Fujian, didn't you? If you don't want to be brothers with us, that's fine. Remember one chinese saying: courtesy first, force second. If that's how you choose, you shall get what you ask for.

If history haven't taught us enough, We will never have passion for a form of government but only to those that are dear to us. That's why it's important to accept everyone as a brother and sister.
That's what love and peace is all about.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss

Wow, don't make this too personal.

This brother thing is too psychological and off topic, therefore I won't say too much here. But if you can see through the perspective of average Taiwanese, then I think you will understand.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
chang, can you also answer my previous questions:

what are the benifits for Taiwan to get independence. I really want to know
show me the logic please.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

At the same time, however, I do have one question for people like Chiang in this thread:

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM INDEPENDENCE-----

Well...I think you get a lot of things and perspective wrong.

I can't speak for those people that you talk to, but I don't think in that way and a lot of Taiwanese don't think in that way neither. It is not about losing property or small things like that.

If you really want to understand why, please study carefully the history and recent events of Taiwan. I have also mention some of the reason in my previous post.

Personally, for me, 2 words can sum it up: "liberty" and "freedom".

Yea...I don't think I can completely explain it with logic. If you look at US, why would they declare independence when England was one of the greatest empire on earth? I am not saying Taiwan is the same as US, but it is still a question worth considering.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
chang, I do think you are in kind of mania we once experinced in the notorious culture revolution.
the ideology mania will bury you and your type people certainly someday.

now, please show me your concept of 'liberty' and 'freedom" in your mind before I argue with you.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
And I guess you have been in this website for a while, before you use UNITED STATES OF AMERICA as example for "liberty" and "freedom"

PLEASE CHECK OTHER THREADS IN THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!! and all other things going around in this world with USA.

I found a very very very very interesting phenonmenon:

When you type of peple cannot show any logic anymore, you use the same words "liberty" "freedom" and but you have no idea what it means

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

chang, I do think you are in kind of mania we once experinced in the notorious culture revolution.
the ideology mania will bury you and your type people certainly someday.

now, please show me your concept of 'liberty' and 'freedom" in your mind before I argue with you.

Hmm...this is really off topic. Well, I didn't go around and bashing up culture items...This stuff is just in my head, it is my personal opinion. I am not going to force others to accept it. But a lot of Taiwanese have similar idea in mind.

I can't explain these 2 words. They are what they are. I can sum it up into those 2 words because a lot of things that Taiwanese are concerned about related to them. But there are a lot of things which I can't really just go about them one by one on this thread because they are really off topic.

You can try go talk to other Taiwanese as well, see what they think, their opinion will probably be different from mine. But because you are Chinese, they might not discuss everything with you. Still, it might be worth a try if you really want to know.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

And I guess you have been in this website for a while, before you use UNITED STATES OF AMERICA as example for "liberty" and "freedom"

PLEASE CHECK OTHER THREADS IN THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!! and all other things going around in this world with USA.

I found a very very very very interesting phenonmenon:

When you type of peple cannot show any logic anymore, you use the same words "liberty" "freedom" and but you have no idea what it means

Wow, I am not relating liberty and freedom with USA, although that is their founding ideology.

I am simply saying that for me, all my reason can sum up into those 2 words.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
just correct your one logic error:

usa declare independence because they wanted to get rid of extra tax that they had to pay to British. That is what the "freedom" means, and that is the freedom they were looking for. And they are still looking for the same type of freedom only for themselve by keeping tabbing other nations with their power.

There were, and there is nobody else in this world like you type of people looking for two meaningless words "liberty" and "freedom".

[edit on 26-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

just correct your one logic error:

usa declare independence because they wanted to get rid of extra tax that they had to pay to British.

And alow me to correct your error in logic, the causes of the American Revolution are far more complex than the simplistic Taxation without Representation scenario. No doubt it played a big part.

But, lets try to stay close to the topic at hand shall we

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
freedom means:

I, or, we have the freedom to enjoy and to get my best life for myself or for ourselves.

It applies to USA, to France, to British, to German.......etc all those so called developed "freedom" countries.

Sorry, not Japan. ---when they were forced to increase the value of yen in 1990, did they have the freedom? And think about your latter "freedom" life once you were under the tremendous pressure in both China and USA.

There is just no spiritual "freedom", hope you finally can understand it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The China can do as she please. It is not even a question you can ask. It may be well as said it is already done by the fact China is able to and does it. Superior is the China and to take China by force only stoops to the level of the Americans. True might is not a tiger made of paper but the astounding sound of the might power from across the sea that even makes their few narrow minded beligerent people even question the idea of being their own seperate country.

I hope I answer your question Mr. FredT and I hope you can understand it. China does not because she need not because she can.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
hehehe....here are some definition of freedom from dictionary.com that I just copy it over:
=================================================
# The condition of being free of restraints.
# Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.
#

1. Political independence.
2. Exemption from the arbitrary exercise of authority in the performance of a specific action; civil liberty: freedom of assembly.

# Exemption from an unpleasant or onerous condition: freedom from want.
# The capacity to exercise choice; free will: We have the freedom to do as we please all afternoon.
# Ease or facility of movement: loose sports clothing, giving the wearer freedom.
# Frankness or boldness; lack of modesty or reserve: the new freedom in movies and novels.
#

1. The right to unrestricted use; full access: was given the freedom of their research facilities.
2. The right of enjoying all of the privileges of membership or citizenship: the freedom of the city.

# A right or the power to engage in certain actions without control or interference: �the seductive freedoms and excesses of the picaresque form� (John W. Aldridge).
====================================================

My idea is a bit more than this, but you might be able to get some hints from there.

Anyway, they are just an idea or dream in my head. They are reasons, not somethings that I believe will all become reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Chang, this time you really make me feel little pathetic, I think you shall do much better, no matter what blood you think you have, you just need to do much better. Just use your definition from the dictionary:

Ask yourself:

1. When taiwan get independent, will taiwan get political independence?---------who is forcing you to buy the out of date weapons? you suppose can protect yourself with all your needs, right? why you have to stop nuclear weapon research? When you might be just like German in cold war right in the middle of two super power, do you thnk you have the political independence? Chang, would you please, just go ahead to think about it? all these similar things.
The answer is: there is no total political freedom--- all just the matter of power. You have more power, you get more freedom. Taiwan, in many sense, is the tool used by usa to stop or slow down China, nothing more than that. If you really thnk all the developed countries try to share their freedom with you and anybody else, who would like to support american be the richest people and most luxuray people in the world?, read all the history book, Chang, you can do much better than just recite empty words. Understand these words, not just read them.

2> the second is just the result of the first. If you "country" cannot have the political independence, you dont have economy independence (just like Japan was forced to increase the value of Yen in 1990), then all the so called civil liberty are just jokes.

Chang, I agree there are lots problems in China, but it is getting better and better, almost in any aspect. And the world is looking at us and cannot ignore us anymore. And we have the dignity, the power to make our own life much better and better by our own freedom. Think about that, when we have the real freedom for our own, that is day called "liberty" and "freedom" day for all Chinese. Dont betray your self Chinese blood, no matter how you tell white people, black people, any other coutries you are not Chinese, it doest make you in better position? does it? When we Chinese finally can decide our own life without fear of any pressures, that day, we all will feel the real freedom.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You tell yourselves to justify a killing cost for the ignored image of freedom

To truly to live is to truly die
Freedom and Liberty
If freedom was such a possible thing then why would government interfered with our way of life?
They tell us what to pay and what to expect. In reality our votes towards a different president is just a mere change in what is there to come. All government is about control, the only solution is a never been done political change to communism. But is everyone going to be happy when there is no more low class to step on? It's funny how money is almost worthless nowadays and how greedy people can get over it.
I mean, People! We don't have much in the first place, We are playing a never winning game of monopoly

[edit on 26-11-2004 by newkids123]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Okay im lost here...What is the point of the two threads above?

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join