It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What is with you people, the U.S. would never invade China land-wise, as said above, it would cost too much!

However, if you are talking about the U.S. Airforce and U.S. Navy vs the Chinese ones, no question, the U.S. would destroy them.

If China tries to take back Taiwan, if the U.S. wants to prevent it, those are the main things that will come into play, not the armies of both countries.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I highly doubt the U.S would "destroy" the chinese... most likely fight them to a bloody stalemate if anything

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Chinese Navy is absolutely no match for the U.S. Navy, and the same goes for the Airforces. If those confronted, the U.S. would win out. In a land battle, between the armies, it would depend moreso I think.

If the U.S. had the money and turned itself into like Germany in WWII, then I do think the U.S. would win out, disregarding the uses of like nuclear weapons say. The U.S. has a far better trained military and far better equipment, plus naval and air superiority. The current U.S. army I don't think would stand much of a chance because it would just be too small a force.

A U.S. army of like 11 million troops, assuming all those troops had the training of the current military, combined with the U.S. airforce and navy, would crush China. The technology difference between the battle tanks and such is too great.

But I am more referring to the current militaries. Currently, China's navy and airforce wouldn't stand up to the U.S.'s; however, in trying to invade China, (which would be very very stupid), the U.S. would not win out right now, unless it bombed the living hell out of China.

But the objective of protecting Taiwan I think would be to PREVENT China from invading Taiwan, not to go invade China itself.

Taiwan has fierce coastal defenses, and the U.S. Navy and Airforce would just have to stop the Chinese from sending troops over.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
How can U.S even spare 11 million troop, let alone 100,000. We can't even do that for Iraq and afghan at the same time. We had to move most of afghan troops to Iraq and couldnt even supply enough equipment to the soldiers there.

China has over 3 million active troops, largest in the world, U.S doesn't have that much.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by ahsingjai]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It is not a question of "can", it is questions of "when" and "how".

With more than 1 billion population, China can literally flood taiwan with mouth water.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahsingjai
How can U.S even spare 11 million troop, let alone 100,000. We can't even do that for Iraq and afghan at the same time. We had to move most of afghan troops to Iraq and couldnt even supply

I think that was just a hypothetical. China has a much larger standing army. That being said its one think to have a large army its another to get it across teh Taiwan Straight in the face of serious oposition. Esp. if you want the country relaticvly intact.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by ahsingjai
How can U.S even spare 11 million troop, let alone 100,000. We can't even do that for Iraq and afghan at the same time. We had to move most of afghan troops to Iraq and couldnt even supply

I think that was just a hypothetical. China has a much larger standing army. That being said its one think to have a large army its another to get it across teh Taiwan Straight in the face of serious oposition. Esp. if you want the country relaticvly intact.

I didn't even say anything about China's army. China's army iis 3.2Million plus active. I was saying U.S can't afford to send troops to Taiwan because they are scretched out thin. They had to remove troops from Afghan to attack Iraq with possible war with Iran because Iran said they have the right to preemptive strike if they feel U.S will attack them.

Now if China did use force, U.S will only have their battle group from Japan, with recent news that Chinese submarines has violated Japanese territory near the islands close to Taiwan, I think China can keep the battle groups distracted long enough for a invasion. If not bombardament.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
You didn't know Canada was preparing for war right?
With the demonstrations Canada moved troops into Quebec even though you don't know it. At least thats what my grade 10 history teacher said. Independance is unacceptable for any country. Except for the country in Europe which I forgot its name but the two sides hated each other so they were glad of getting rid of each other.

I agree that granting independance to sections of its territory is unacceptable for any country. And its even more unacceptable when terrorists hi-jack the autonomy movement and turn it into a blood bath. (Kashmir,Chechnya)

But IMHO china let taiwan slip away too much and to far. Also with another country like the US playing an active role in such an affair, this situation is much more deep and progressed than say chechnya or kashmir.
And like twchang was saying you can't force people into annexation. You need to win them over. Thats what we are doing in Kashmir. The original kashmiris are now coming out of their shell and are being allowed to express themselves.
Before they were too scared to do that as reprisals would come from both the army and the insurgents. Also they see themselves being put in the same class as islamic fundamentalists, which was never a part of their cause ever. Kashmiris are proud to be Indians.In fact in the kargil war the first intel reports that the Indian army got about insurgents taking positions weren't from sat photos or recon drones etc..they were from the indigenous sheperd village folk.
Make the taiwanese people proud of their chinese heritage. And if you have to make some changes form within, well then thats a compromise worth taking. We Indians have and its helping in kashmir

Also the statement the sweatmonicaldo made about the chinese being inherently defensive and peace loving....well....im not saying they aren't but the main problem with the chinese is that their behaviour is highly unpredictable, shadowy not very clear about one's intentions, if you get my drift.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Kashmiris are proud inidans??? This is really funny and is that why they keep killing indians and attack your partliament in your capital??? What about the northeast region where the mongloids people are revolting agatinst indian landgrabbing and aggression for years. Hum, also the Khalistan problem is still well live. What about the dalits, aka untouchables who are converting to muslims and christians in mass due to ill-treatment by the 3% of Brahmins which you must have been. Funny, you are making india appear to be the only heaven on earth while chinese is twice richer and live 10 years longer than an indian on average.

Well let's see how our indian friend spin this website and it seems we chinese are small potatos compared with the kind of atrocities committed by the peace-loving indians.

Mass Murder in Kashmir

"Whether or not one agrees with President Clinton's policy in Kosovo, we went there to stop the `ethnic cleansing' of the Kosovars by the Serbian government. Yet we have averted our glance from a similar campaign throughout India , a situation the Indian Supreme Court described as `worse than a genocide.' This ethnic cleansing has taken the lives of over 250,000 Sikhs since 1984, over 200,000 Christians in Nagaland since 1947, over 60,000 Muslims in Kashmir since 1988, and thousands upon thousands of Dalits, Assamese, Manipuris, Tamils, and other minority peoples."

indianterrorism.bravepages.com...

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
this hawksss tosspot is everywhere isn't he? he quotes some lame biased terrorist bullsh2t biased islamic fundementalist page and expects every body else to believe him??
this weaponry thread becomes really immature whenever he begins his postings.

have you got your glasses on? maybe you need squint a little further to see what you post! wake up and smell your farted postings, you chinese!

P.S.
if china can invade taiwan why arent they?? aah, lemme guess their military is only good on internet webpages!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
hehhe,

So why is website biased?? Can you enlighten me on this? In fact, I can provide you 10 other such websites so are they all biased? Is everything against the will of the 3% brahmins who rule over the 97% lower caste members of india biased? Are only the 3% brahmins never biased? lol

At the end of the day, China is far, far greater than the pathetic indians who have less than 50% of our GDP while die 10 years earlier than we chinese do. Also, 1 silver in the olympics is really pathetic for a 1-billion people great Bha Rat--- india. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So why is website biased?? Can you enlighten me on this?

No, coz you ARE a chicom CCP drone.

In fact, I can provide you 10 other such websites so are they all biased? Is everything against the will of the 3% brahmins who rule over the 97% lower caste members of india biased? Are only the 3% brahmins never biased? lol

wtf does this lol mean? are you capable of loling. whenever you resort you have this multiple question marks and lol - does that make you feel superior in your little arm chair, you small little man??

So you have 10 other websites of chicom BS - who bothers substantiating what you say, except you and your fellow yellow friends? I have 100 other websites. What is this? a website battle?? and what of the 3% brahmins??? well it seems 1 billion chinese do worship a brahmin by the name gautama buddha??

At the end of the day, China is far, far greater than the pathetic indians who have less than 50% of our GDP while die 10 years earlier than we chinese do. Also, 1 silver in the olympics is really pathetic for a 1-billion people great Bha Rat--- india. lol

just because china decided to suck up to the whiteman 50 years ago eversince he was shown the spoon & fork your ground squatting chinamen forefathers doesnt not make y'all civilised. Nor does it make your "white-is-godly" cheongsam wearing madams any better.

Nothing you post will ever convince anybody here. why? coz your chinese!

Care to post more, sucker??

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
lol

YOu are really losing it my rat-warshipping hindian friend. lol, which means laughing out loud. lol

Here are the links you ask for and give me prove that we chinese created these websites. I bet you are so brain-washed you don't even know what you brahmins have done to the other 97% of poor indians who are persecuted by you brahmins.

Let me know if you want more. lol

www.mediamonitors.net...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
www.sikhlionz.com...
dalitstan.org...
www.geocities.com...
freespeech.org...
www.geocities.com...
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i see, hmm, what u have a database ready with links hating indians from the Chicom powerhouse?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
face the reality, my hindian friend. The facts are you have done a lot of bad things to your own people by subjugating them to be the "untouchable". Face it or you will always be a backward, barbaric place.

You can start by sharing your milk with the untouchables rather than with the big, fat rat gods of yours. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
whom are you talking about? i'm a christian. and not hindu. but don't worry if we get you, we can put you in a little dungeon, my chinky ponky friend.

by the way, rats are better than your kind, LOL - Thats why we worship them and denigrate you.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
this hawksss tosspot is everywhere isn't he? he quotes some lame biased terrorist bullsh2t biased islamic fundementalist page and expects every body else to believe him??
this weaponry thread becomes really immature whenever he begins his postings.

have you got your glasses on? maybe you need squint a little further to see what you post! wake up and smell your farted postings, you chinese!

P.S.
if china can invade taiwan why arent they?? aah, lemme guess their military is only good on internet webpages!

where are you from aryaputhra btw?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
lol,

now you are pretending to be a christian. lolol if you are a christian, it is all the better. Indian chritians mostly converted to christianity due to the persecution by the brahmins. Were you ancestors one of the dalits, aka untouchable??? Very few brahmins convert to other religions due to the previlidged positions they have.

Also this explains why you have this inferiority complex about your skin color because most dalits, aka untouchable are "dark" by Hindu caste standard.

Poor guy, jesus told us all to be equals and you certianly shouldn't be suffering from your dark skin-color induced inferioty complex. I feel for you and understand why you/your ancestor converted to christianity because the hindus won't even share their milk with you .lol

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i'm from the world over. Africa, India, China, Singapore UAE, and Australia. So I hate to be singled out into one single country.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
but, you certainly have a singularly strong hatred/jealousy towards china and isn't that against your christian believes and your "i am a citizen of the world" philosophy???

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join