It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 36
1
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
TOTAL invasion on China is impossible. It would take ten times the planes that US has to have air dominance over the entire China.


The U.S. could never invade China nor is that a goal. However, it is hard to believe that this thread has reached 700 posts! But back on topic. Despite what has been banided back and forth, the inital reasons I cited still hold true IMHO. At this time China CANNOT invade Taiwan for political as well as miliary reasons.




posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
U.S. invades China, what a joke. China depends on the U.S. same as U.S. depends on China, not just for cheap goods. China is the second biggest purchaser of U.S. bonds, Japan is the biggest. Moreover, most likely, your house loan came from a Chinese bank, you just don't know. SO, China is keeping its biggest customer, U.S. from further debt. With Mr. Bush in office, we will sell more bonds to China; China can crash the U.S. economy in retaliation.. If that happens, China would simply sell to other countries more, example: Europe, the U.S. dollar will worth $hit, kiss goodbye to our 401K and other liquid assets. This is more scary than anything else.
CHina is building up its arms ask we speak. Their tactic is: build up the arms now, talk to you later.


[edit on 18-10-2004 by Inhotep]



posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inhotep

U.S. invades China, what a joke. China depends on the U.S. same as U.S. depends on China, not just for cheap goods. China is the second biggest purchaser of U.S. bonds, Japan is the biggest. Moreover, most likely, your house loan came from a Chinese bank, you just don't know. SO, China is keeping its biggest customer, U.S. from further debt. With Mr. Bush in office, we will sell more bonds to China; China can crash the U.S. economy in retaliation.. If that happens, China would simply sell to other countries more, example: Europe, the U.S. dollar will worth $hit, kiss goodbye to our 401K and other liquid assets. This is more scary than anything else.
CHina is building up its arms ask we speak. Their tactic is: build up the arms now, talk to you later.


[edit on 18-10-2004 by Inhotep]


interesting,very interesting



posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
China doesn't like to fight a war, not country does. But there are a few people in the world who just like wars such as many american presidents and Chen Shui Bian (president of taiwan). All of Taiwan's investments and money are in China now anyways, if they declare independance, man will they face some economic crisis. We fair along quite fine before, why does Taiwan's idiot president want independence? We will only kick Taiwan's ass if they declare independence.

American history proves what will happen in the Taiwan/China crisis. The South want independence, the north won't let them have it. They go into war. Taiwan want independence, China won't let them have it, we kick their ass. Simple.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
if the us wanted to invade china then they would need way more troops and air power. cause look at the population. and the us would never hold there position on the ground cause they would be overrunned. and china should just let taiwan go cause it will only cause problems for them. its only a little island its not worth a war.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
China doesn't like to fight a war, not country does. But there are a few people in the world who just like wars such as many american presidents and Chen Shui Bian (president of taiwan). All of Taiwan's investments and money are in China now anyways, if they declare independance, man will they face some economic crisis. We fair along quite fine before, why does Taiwan's idiot president want independence? We will only kick Taiwan's ass if they declare independence.



You are pathetic, oooh China is soooo peaceful
You call the Taiwanese president an idiot but what about the paedophile Mao - shows the quality of communist leaders. Chen Shui Bian should be the president of China, no doubt he could do a far superior job than the rotting communist party.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by konartis96
if the us wanted to invade china then they would need way more troops and air power. cause look at the population. and the us would never hold there position on the ground cause they would be overrunned. and china should just let taiwan go cause it will only cause problems for them. its only a little island its not worth a war.


The US would nevr invade China, why would they want to be responsible for looking after a billion+ people. The US if it ever came to a war would just destroy China from outside its boarders. Why waste American lives, when the job can be done just as easily from the air.


D

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by COWlan
TOTAL invasion on China is impossible. It would take ten times the planes that US has to have air dominance over the entire China.


The U.S. could never invade China nor is that a goal. However, it is hard to believe that this thread has reached 700 posts! But back on topic. Despite what has been banided back and forth, the inital reasons I cited still hold true IMHO. At this time China CANNOT invade Taiwan for political as well as miliary reasons.



I think it's more political reasons than anything else. As well as economic reasons. Mainly the huge trade between China and the US.

and what are you mad scientist? The new WestPoint? Pretty childish of you by name-calling



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

and what are you mad scientist? The new WestPoint? Pretty childish of you by name-calling


Did you read the post, I was only responding in kind.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have been reading this, and not to go too off topic, but what is the current state of their military? Like what is their cheif jet fighter to counter the US? And what tanks and infantry vehicles etc to they use and are they any match to US? I know they probably rely on numbers. Everyone talks about the Russkies, and I wanna know about the Chinese.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Okay IMHO if it came to war and a conventional one please!!
(We others want to judge victors after its over, not be included in the fallout1!!
), then the US would gain the upper hand and thats it it would end there. China cannot take on the US in military terms. The US cannot 'invade' China. China IMHO can't even take on India, I mean invade it or bite chunks off.Its not trained well enough to do that.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
On the contrary I believe the recent technical and logistical leaps the chinese have made over the past 30 years would enable it to invade India with moderate success.

However it would be impossible to occupy the whole country, especially with 1 billion non-too friendly armed Indians capable of becoming the greatest insurgency the world has ever seen.

No if anything a war would be to knock out the others millitary capability, and perhaps force agreements such as energy and technology transfer. A quick "get in-get out" is probably the most feasable.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
India is armed? They sell guns freely like US? Not so sure about that.

Mad scientist. You heard of a war in Vietnam? Total air supperiority, basically razed all their cities flat but wat happened they still held all their ground and killed enough US soldiers for them to "strategic" retreat back to USA. Air supperiority will do a lot but its not enough to win a war. As long as the Chinese military is in their own country and DEFENDING from a foreign attack then they will win. I am not sure US is willing to sacrifice many times the casulties of Iraq for a rice grain size of a country. And just to say US wins, I don't think you want 1.5 billion people as terrorists remaking 9/11 many times over and over again.

A had a teacher who told me this comparison. "1000 US casulty in Iraq is enough for it to be one of the major if not the biggest issue discussed in the election. 50000 death in Iraq caused by Americans, Iraqi people says nothing and fights on." It is clear that US lives worth more than people's lives in other countries. With a possible war of US/China, you could have political revolution, overthrown of government and things like that, like now when things in US aren't at the best of times, Presidents must watchout for a major conflict like one with China. I believe if the Taiwan strait becomes a battleground in the next few years, US will not send forces to the strait but rather smuggle high tech weaponry to Taiwan and help the extremist to create confusion.



posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan

Mad scientist. You heard of a war in Vietnam? Total air supperiority, basically razed all their cities flat but wat happened they still held all their ground and killed enough US soldiers for them to "strategic" retreat back to USA. Air supperiority will do a lot but its not enough to win a war. As long as the Chinese military is in their own country and DEFENDING from a foreign attack then they will win. I am not sure US is willing to sacrifice many times the casulties of Iraq for a rice grain size of a country. And just to say US wins, I don't think you want 1.5 billion people as terrorists remaking 9/11 many times over and over again.


Vietnam is always brought up by poeple who know nothing of the conflict. Lets face facts Hanoi was off limits to bombing and without the Russians the NVA would have run out of weapons in the mid 60's. China on the other hand wouldnt have any supply efforts from foreign powers and their industry would be destroyed from the air. China doesn't have to be invaded to destroy their military power,



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
yeah i know china would not invade china cause they will lose to many lives and if they ever succeeded in defeating there military then they would have a lot of trouble holding the country cause of its population. and tahts all i got to say



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The majority of the weapons used by the Chinese army are copies of inferior Russian designs. There barely modern army wouldn't stand a chance against Americas advanced technology and completely modernized army. They could destroy the entire industrial Infrastructure of the Chinese war-machine before they even knew what happened.

The Americans wouldnt even need to send in ground troops, they could just bomb the country to pieces, and bombard them from the see, sending in ground forces to China would be dangerous and takes eternity to take complete control of the country. But destroying the country is possible but sending in conventional forces to restore order is impossible



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
On the contrary I believe the recent technical and logistical leaps the chinese have made over the past 30 years would enable it to invade India with moderate success.


Oh what rubbish! you underestimate India to a great extent. The country has fought two wars(won both), has conducted an anti-insurgency campaign for 15 years in the most inhospitable of terrains, and as most agree on this forum is comparatively more trained than its chinese counterparts especially vis-a-vis the airforces. What one 'believes' is not necessarily true....



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Complete control of China? HA! US can't even control Iraq let alone a country the size of a hundred Iraqs. As I mentioned before, without US's new JSF and Raptors in full service, US will not have significant air supperiority. A say China's military is underestimated, same with north Korea. A country defending is always at a advantage. But I say no war is better than a war. These 1 on 1 wars are no fun, lets start a world war



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
India fought a war with China - and lost (borders trouble)

No, US can't win a war against China - at least in Chinese territory



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The US could do enough damage by air to halt an invasion of Taiwan and act as spoilers.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join