It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:
D

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

I'm actually thinking about U.K. forces, since they ahve a grudge against the Chinese!

What kind of grudge? The only one I can possibly think of is goes back years to the Opium war. If anyone has a grudge between the two I reckon it be a Chinese grudge against the British.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
by comparison to WWII :

The U.S. can mobilize 22 million men at arms w/ a draft possibly 33 million military personnel drafting women as well and I would not put it past the U.S. government to do just that if stretched.They could mobilize that many in two years. The equivalence of 213 to 320 divisions.

Bode

[edit on 9/17/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
by comparison to WWII :

The U.S. can mobilize 22 million men at arms w/ a draft possibly 33 million military personnel drafting women as well and I would not put it past the U.S. government to do just that if stretched.They could mobilize that many in two years. The equivalence of 213 to 320 divisions.

Bode

[edit on 9/17/2004 by bodebliss]

And that's assuming they'd initiate a draft. Which I seriously doubt they would do.

213 to 320 divisions? Do your ealize what an enormous cost that would be? The Army can barely field their current 10!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
sweatmonica we initiated the draft in Vietnam and WWII and in WWII we had 16 million man military so I wouldnt put it past the US to have an enormous military. There is even some talk about the draft coming next year so that the military can go form 1.8 to 2.0 or 2.5 mil. And if anyone can afford a big army its the US

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
sweatmonica we initiated the draft in Vietnam and WWII and in WWII we had 16 million man military so I wouldnt put it past the US to have an enormous military. There is even some talk about the draft coming next year so that the military can go form 1.8 to 2.0 or 2.5 mil. And if anyone can afford a big army its the US

Yeah, it worked very well in Vietnam, didn't it?

WWII was a very different time. Not the same circumstances anymore.

Besides, imagine how eager our young men (and maybe women) would be to fight some country that, according to one politician's vivid imagination, has WMD.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sweetmonica, if you want a breakdown of the British Army, here is a link of the structure (there is no way you can write it all down, our Army is too complex for that)

British Army

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
WAR BETWEEN US AND CHINA, SO CHINA WILL BE OUR SLAVES!

[edit on 9/17/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well they had 89 divisions in WWII and I just extrapolated it out w/ current population figures. Of course we had more Iron and oil back then , but war is the source of genius . There are nukes to worry about now.The fact that war has yet to materialize is nukes.

Bode

[edit on 9/18/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Sweetmonica, if you want a breakdown of the British Army, here is a link of the structure (there is no way you can write it all down, our Army is too complex for that)

British Army

yeah i know i just tried to do a little bit about it not a good exspert can u take over exsplaining the army bit?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

[edit on 9/17/2004 by s13guy]

wow seems the confederates arnt as dead as we thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

The best joke and worst idiot on earth.

---------------
Who can not understand above is a ridicule? I got a warning for that.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Mod Edit: removed offensive content

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

yeah i know i just tried to do a little bit about it not a good exspert can u take over exsplaining the army bit?

hehe, yeah no worries Devil.

The British Army is made up of a mirriad of various Regiments, Corps, etc etc. it is all noted on the website I posted, as I stated there is alot of complexity about who exactly would be deployed in a given situation. Most of the Corps are services that do support functions, and never get deplyed on mass, but mainly as detachments assinged (SP?) to verious operational units.
For example REME is the creme of the engineers, and you will probably have a light infantry unit for example, being supported by a REME company, Signals company etc etc.
Even the Infantry is rarely deployed any higher than the Battalion level, and you will never see 2 battalions of the same Regiment in the same theatre together (barring a huge war, when all are required,but you will still be unlikely to see them together on the same battlefield). Regiments are mainly admin units, the battalion being the operational/tactical level.
All combat units are assigned to a division, with the support units (REME, Signals, ROC, Royal Engineers, RLC) being spread amongst the divisions.

Check the Army website for more detail, there is alot of history there too, some units have been around for hundreds of years (like the Black Watch for example)

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yeah black watch are cool, i prefer argyle's though.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
is every 1 stupid in here or sumthing there is no way china will ever be able to invade taiwan when u think about it this way , say china tried to invade taiwan then every country on earth regardless of staus and what have u theyd be takin out by any means that needed to be used for god sake china like all countries out there will never be higher than the US or UK in this world nor will they ever let them be and think of what i have just said as bull# but i no for fact that our goverments control this world right down too the bone even if it mean all out nuclear war , jeeeeeesssoooooo screw the chinese or arab countries in this earth cos for all i care they can sit and make nike trainers till the end of time

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
wow thats real polite.
and digging several fellow scotsman, not good.
china could invade mabye not now but give it a few years BUT if it did the US/UK/UN task force would blast it to tiny insugnifigant dust paritcles.
also you really should know that alot of tech was made in arab countries. do you know they learned how to measure time in egypt before anyone else ? bet you didnt.and by measure time i mean in hours.
also the arab world is not a great hateful place many are actually peaceful but circumstances make people change.
and one thing not every country would attack china i mean iran,isreal arnt going to attack. serbia isnt going to attack.
our goverments dont control any thing 9/11 proved that.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Rugoolian,
You start off bad and don't use punctuation. How can other posters want to read, or understand your posts. I don't think anyone hates the chinese people. They just hate the CCP(chinese communist party) government. No one wants war. Not even you. The possibility is too ugly to contemplate.

The problem is when one side moves too fast the other will follow step by step till buttons are pushed and the world ends. Don't be a party to that. Be a counterweight!

Bode

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rugoolian
is every 1 stupid in here or sumthing there is no way china will ever be able to invade taiwan when u think about it this way , say china tried to invade taiwan then every country on

Dude, that is simply one of the longest run on sentances I have ever seem

However I agree with BodeBliss. No one here has expressed a hatred of the Chinese people. That being said, I am very opposed to the actions of your government. That is quite a difference, IMHO. The whole point of this thread was in responce to some members of ATS who have been and continue to sabre rattle about China and how they will invade if the Island declared its Independance. I think that is simply empty party rhetoric. As I and other posters have pointed out, China's military at this time cannot invade. Destroy yes, but invade? No.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Does anyone here work for a petroleum company? If so, I need some help. I'm planning to fold in oil companies somehow into mix.

In order to explore a large untapped oil and natural gas reserve, what kind of an expedition would it send?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Does anyone here work for a petroleum company? If so, I need some help. I'm planning to fold in oil companies somehow into mix.

In order to explore a large untapped oil and natural gas reserve, what kind of an expedition would it send?

Im not a major petroleum compan, but I play one on TV

You best bet is to go to companies like Halliburton etc and see if they have a "look at what we do page" that should give you some insight. THey usualy send a small team with a 'Thumper" truck that act like a kind of ground radar to located potential oil cavities. At that point thety start drilling test wells. They can use a combination of ships and ground units. Most likely ships and oil derreks around the islands.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join