It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 23
1
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Keep an eye 4th plenary session of the CCP's Central Committee .

Given this, now that the 4th plenary session of the party central committee says it aims to "change the administrative functions of the CCP," is there really potential for any significant breakthrough?


Originally posted by bodebliss
Let's get back on track! Taiwan's unification w/ China will not happen, if ever, for generations. You don't know this, but things are about to change in China, for the worse, for the better who knows ,but change is coming....

Taiwanese should not fear Beijing leader's lies


Bode



[edit on 9/13/2004 by bodebliss]




posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I am also assuming that the U.S. Navy still carries tactical nuclear weapons aboard their vessels (which is highly likely).


Maybe in the future, but they have not had tactical nuckes for some time on thier ships. That being said, It would not take them long to load up. I think Guam is a storage site for nukes, but that may have changed.



posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Maybe in the future, but they have not had tactical nuckes for some time on thier ships. That being said, It would not take them long to load up. I think Guam is a storage site for nukes, but that may have changed.



Somebody said something on ATS a while back I found was profound. When the Navy says they no longer carry tactical nukes, chances are, they mean they don't carry them in that fashion. For a tactical nuke to be a tactical nuke, it needs to have the warhead, guidance and mechanical components all combined together. That said, the Navy does not carry them assembled, but they may in fact carry them in their individual components.

And get this, there are still thousands of tactical nuclear warheads availiable for the U.S. Navy. So it's a legitimate chance they're still carried aboard warships.



posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Somebody said something on ATS a while back I found was profound. When the Navy says they no longer carry tactical nukes, chances are, they mean they don't carry them in that fashion.


I mean anything is possible and the tactic above you described was used alot by the Navy esp in nuclear sensative areas like Japan. But I have alot of friends and relatives in the military and this topic came up a few years ago and several of them i talked to swear that the nukes were taken off the ships, but the components could be flown onto an aircraft carrier on short notice.

I think that the military has woren up to the fact that tactical nukes are really not the way to go anymore. One you pop one off, esp with a country like China that has the capacity to respond in Kind, you would quickly more to the strategic arena. I know they are looking at low yeild weapons for bunker busting, but I don't think that will go anywere.



posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yep, different times. Different times.



posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Need some help. Do the Marines use AAVs or landing craft for amphibious operations?



posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Need some help. Do the Marines use AAVs or landing craft for amphibious operations?


Both
Here is the list of US systems
globalsecurity.org...

Do not forget to included LCAC's and The V-22 Osprey because it should be operational in your time frame as well as the STVOL JSF with the marines



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Do not forget to included LCAC's and The V-22 Osprey because it should be operational in your time frame as well as the STVOL JSF with the marines


Well, that didn't really answer my question, but OH-KAY...

LCACs, definitely, MV-22B Osprey, definitely, although I'll have them in limited service alongside the last line of Sea Knights (this is 2012 after all, and the backdrop is a bigger war up north).

JSF, I'm actually thinking of leaving that out. For one thing, progress of development is kind of sketchy. Also, the backdrop is a big war, so with that eating up the economy, I doubt the JSF could be completed in time. Besides, I love the AV-8B Harrier II.


As for the Chinese, I'll have their forces as realistically as possible according to current projections. Meaning in my story, the People's Liberation Army/Air Force will have in-flight refueling capability (after all these years!), finally a solid-fuel ICBM capable of hitting the United States (it'll play an important role in the political side of things), plus a blue-water ballistic-missile submarine, the Type-094, capable of sailing the Pacific. They will not have an aircraft carrier.

The primary match-ups will be:

-Carl Vinson CVBG/New Jersey SAG vs. 70 Chinese destroyers, frigates, and guided-missile boats.
-AV-8B Harrier IIs, F-14A Tomcats, F/A-18C/D/E/F Super/Hornets vs. J-7 "Fishbeds," J-8 "Finbacks," J-9s, J-10s, J-11 "Flankers," Q-5 "Fantans," and H-6 "Badgers."
-Los Angeles-class SSN and Improved Los Angeles-class SSN vs. Romeo-class SSs, Ming-class SSs, Song-class SSs, Kilo-class SSs, Han-class SSNs, Xia-class SSBNs, and Type-094 SSBNs.
-2,200 U.S. Marines, Navy SEALs vs. possibily unlimited number of Chinese infantrymen, since they have all forces availiable.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Need some help. Do the Marines use AAVs or landing craft for amphibious operations?


Both
Here is the list of US systems
globalsecurity.org...

Do not forget to included LCAC's and The V-22 Osprey because it should be operational in your time frame as well as the STVOL JSF with the marines


So they've finally ironed out the bugs in the V-22, last I heard they weren't sure if they were going to bring them into service because of some problem. They are a cool looking machine though.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Well, that didn't really answer my question, but OH-KAY...
and H-6 "Badgers."
-Los Angeles-class SSN and Improved Los Angeles-class SSN vs. Romeo-class SSs, Ming-class SSs, Song-class SSs, Kilo-class SSs, Han-class SSNs, Xia-class SSBNs, and Type-094 SSBNs.


But it did answer your question. It was a link to all the assult phibs the marines use. If you want to really get down to brass tacks, read the Clancy non-fiction book "Marines" it goes into huge detail about the Gator Navy

Don't forget that the Virgina class subs sould be online as well.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
But it did answer your question. It was a link to all the assult phibs the marines use. If you want to really get down to brass tacks, read the Clancy non-fiction book "Marines" it goes into huge detail about the Gator Navy

Don't forget that the Virgina class subs sould be online as well.



Uh, my question was what would they use, not what models of assault phibs they use. Would they use landing craft or assault phibs? So no, not answered yet. And I have that book by Tom Clancy. Thanks anyway.

I'm not including Virginia-class SSNs, development may take longer, I need to know everything about them, they are redudant for the situation (more suited for big-theater war) and I don't know which, if any, would be part of the Seventh Fleet.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Following will soon join PLA/Navy. I know by 2012, will have dozens of 2208. Also do forget to include tactical nuke subs 093, I believe they are already in service.
img77.exs.cx...
img77.exs.cx...

[edit on 14-9-2004 by zcheng]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Following will soon join PLA/Navy. I know by 2012, will have dozens of 2208. Also do forget to include tactical nuke subs 093, I believe they are already in service.
img77.exs.cx...
img77.exs.cx...

[edit on 14-9-2004 by zcheng]


zcheng, I will include those. Feel free to add more info on the PLA, PLA/AF, and PLA/N on 2012. I need it.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
SweatMonica why don't you leave half of the Us systems out because they are too good then add every single chicom piece of crap and say hey look the list is kind of an even matched. and " navy seals Vs. unlimited number of infantry" yeah right the more numbers they have the more we can kill with a single bomb, or missile. F-35 and California class will probably be used in any war with china. Oh and dont forghet to add all of the new drones and UCAVS the US Navy is getting that can be armed with weapons.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by WestPoint23]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
SweatMonica why don't you leave half of the Us systems out because they are too good then add every single chicom piece of crap and say hey look the list is kind of an even matched. and " navy seals Vs. unlimited number of infantry" yeah right the more numbers they have the more we can kill with a single bomb, or missile. F-35 and California class will probably be used in any war with china. Oh and dont forghet to add all of the new drones and UCAVS the US Navy is getting that can be armed with weapons.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by WestPoint23]


This is becoming comedic now!

Fortunately for you, I'll have to tone down my posts, according to Spectre.

Too bad stupidity is tolerated on ATS!



posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
sweatmonicaIdo,
Don't forget to include nano-weapons that would make the chinese kill each other in a blood bath of unimagined proportions and also nano-weapons that will dissolve the enemy into elements. They should be ready by 2012.

Bode


[edit on 9/15/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
umm sweatmonicaIdo are you doing US only or are you including UK forces?



posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
umm sweatmonicaIdo are you doing US only or are you including UK forces?


I'm actually thinking about U.K. forces, since they ahve a grudge against the Chinese! In very limited numbers, of course, to augment the already substantial amounts of U.S. firepower.

Thoughts?



posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

I'm actually thinking about U.K. forces, since they ahve a grudge against the Chinese! In very limited numbers, of course, to augment the already substantial amounts of U.S. firepower.

Thoughts?

well there are a few people on here who can tell u about UK troops,me inculded.
yeah most liekly we would send like a small force mabye 2 or 3 company's?



posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
devilwasp,

Transportation for British forces? And exactly what kind of infantry?

In fact, give me a list of all British infantry forces, whether it be Army infantry, Royal Marines, Commandos, etc., and say yes or no to each.

Also, would they bring carriers? I mean it'd be nice to see the British Sea Harriers fighting alongside the Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier IIs!



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join