It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i'm not timid of supporting it.
i'm all for it.
just because i dont parade about singing it at everychance doesnt mean i dont support it.
why do you think i dont support it?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i'm not timid of supporting it.
i'm all for it.
just because i dont parade about singing it at everychance doesnt mean i dont support it.
why do you think i dont support it?

Good luck to you, and wish your success! So you can live to see a Indepedent nation called Scotland.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Good luck to you, and wish your success! So you can live to see a Indepedent nation called Scotland.

thank you.
i will.
its nice to see a bit of forign support

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

thank you.
i will.
its nice to see a bit of forign support

Just a word of caution. If you do want to succeed, you will need support of most scotish people. You may need to seek public office to get your message across. You will also need a scotish army or resistance eventually to achieve the goal. It is long struggle. Sincerely I wish your success. When the time is right, and Scotish people show her determination, the world will come to support you, as the West is now providing support for Chechens.

With regards to Taiwan, Taiwan will have resist Mainland forces to gain formal Independence. Historically, Vietnam, Korea are vassal states of China. Later they became rebellious and central government can not control them again due to internal turmoil etc. They become independent as they are today. So war is inevitable in road to independence.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Just a word of caution. If you do want to succeed, you will need support of most scotish people. You may need to seek public office to get your message across. You will also need a scotish army or resistance eventually to achieve the goal. It is long struggle. Sincerely I wish your success. When the time is right, and Scotish people show her determination, the world will come to support you, as the West is now providing support for Chechens.

umm dude we dont need to do it by force. also we have like 4 regiments. and the portbello group of the RMC. it wont be another NI most likely it will be like austraila or canada.

With regards to Taiwan, Taiwan will have resist Mainland forces to gain formal Independence. Historically, Vietnam, Korea are vassal states of China. Later they became rebellious and central government can not control them again due to internal turmoil etc. They become independent as they are today. So war is inevitable in road to independence.

i wouldnt say its inevitable , there are always alternatives.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

umm dude we dont need to do it by force. also we have like 4 regiments. and the portbello group of the RMC. it wont be another NI most likely it will be like austraila or canada.

Ok. Dude in believing no force is necessary for Independence. But I can see you will not be independent even in 1000 years. Good luck anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
how not?
why do forceless acts never work?
also i dont think we would use force there is no need.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No it is not. As DevilWasp stated there are alternatives. Also, are you suggesting that the Middle Kingdom may come calling for those states as part of its territorial ambitions?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

America can only bear low-loss wars.

WWII 400.000 troops and WWI close to a million.

We cant bear? Wrong we can and we will if our nations security really depends on it!!! US will spare no one if it threatens our way of life and threatens our nations survival.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

America can only bear low-loss wars.

WWII 400.000 troops and WWI close to a million.
We cant bear? Wrong we can and we will if our nations security really depends on it!!! US will spare no one if it threatens our way of life and threatens our nations survival.

I agree, because we have managed to keep casulties low in the recent past does not imply a lack of courage etc. Casulties will be avoided at all costs. But to equate that to a lack of willingness would be a big mistake. Just because your army may be build around large number to throw at the grinder, does not make you any more or less courageous.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

how not?
why do forceless acts never work?
also i dont think we would use force there is no need.

Just look at the history. Without substantial force and determination, your efforts will fail.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
dude this inst a third world country or some dictator ship or some comunist rip off, this is democracy. we can vote our way out ,simply enough.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

dude this inst a third world country or some dictator ship or some comunist rip off, this is democracy. we can vote our way out ,simply enough.

Ok, Dude, I will see when Scotland Independence will become a referendum. Do not just your the big mouth here, you will need actions in Scotland. At least, you will need scotish people know that there should be such a referendum. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
the peoples liberation army of scotland will win!!!!!!

It may be a long fight but with plenty of beer and burgers some good movies we will prevail.

Remember the battle of wembley.

Zcheng for president

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Respect to your topic man.

Just a little humour.

Regards

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
the peoples liberation army of scotland will win!!!!!!

It may be a long fight but with plenty of beer and burgers some good movies we will prevail.

So seriously, have you ever considered Scotland Indepence? Does it have a chance. I would say no way, while devilwasp is all for it. I like to see you opinion on whether the scotish people feel there is a need for Independence? I guess scotish people are quite happy to be the subjects of her Majesty the Queen.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So seriously, have you ever considered Scotland Indepence? Does it have a chance. I would say no way, while devilwasp is all for it. I like to see you opinion on whether the scotish people feel there is a need for Independence? I guess scotish people are quite happy to be the subjects of her Majesty the Queen.

Zcheng, I see a very intersting contradiction. While this post was about China and Taiwan, one of your core arguments revolves around Chinas Claim to Taiwan. While I admit I am grossly ignorant about Scotish history and the hows and the whys of the formation of the United Kingdom, I find it intersting you are so excited about Scotland seeding from the UK.

How is that diffrent that Taiwan declaring its independance? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander no?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

oh and i suppose that being peacfule is really a bad thing to have in a party?
hmm looks like someone doesnt understand the basic princible's of comunism!
also we dont mind being in the UK ,its done us good. tradeing ideas. defense.
also why are you interested!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ok, Dude, I will see when Scotland Independence will become a referendum. Do not just your the big mouth here, you will need actions in Scotland. At least, you will need scotish people know that there should be such a referendum. Good luck.

why wouldnt it be?
no we wont! its people like you that make wars happen! iv said it once and ill say it again, we dont need to start killing people to make a diffrence.
and i dont have a big mouth ,i think i have a nice mouth. ***looks in mirror****
and listen this isnt some kind of rebellion, we have freedom of speach. i mean the SNP want independace and thier party is there in the parlament.
you havnt felt democracy , you live in a dictator ship/comunist rip off.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

why wouldnt it be?
no we wont! its people like you that make wars happen! iv said it once and ill say it again, we dont need to start killing people to make a diffrence.
and i dont have a big mouth ,i think i have a nice mouth. ***looks in mirror****
and listen this isnt some kind of rebellion, we have freedom of speach. i mean the SNP want independace and thier party is there in the parlament.
you havnt felt democracy , you live in a dictator ship/comunist rip off.

You said you are brave for Scotland Independence. What is your action you are doing now to achieve that goal? Dreaming only, right? That I know. You might have a good mouth, just do not be a big mouth saying you are not timid for Scotland Independence. If you do not have the gut, do not behave like you have.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join