It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 181
<< 178  179  180   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Keep it Civil

Come on guys, we do not need this 'measuring' contest about 'who knows what about their own cultures'.

This thread is for discussing the possible invasion of Taiwan and let's keep it at that.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly, while I learn alot about Australia this way it is however not the way I wish to learn it. I can goggle it if I wished to.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
Beijing/Peking Duck is too boney for my liking, I prefer General Tao chicken.

Frankly, I like most Chinese foods. I never went hungry in China, especially while living in Shandong where the food is delicious and the portions generous (unlike Shanghai where they are FAR more stingy and the food isn't nearly as good.) A restaurant called Old Sichuan was my saviour when I lived in Shanghai because I love Sichuanese food.

Most places cut up Beiping Duck so that you can take the meat and wrap it easily enough, and then my wife and I use the bones with the meat left on them to make soup as leftovers. Really rather good.

We may disagree on the politics on Taiwan, but I think we will find a lot of agreement on food.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Possibly, however I do happen to like Pizza, I make it myself thereby shocking my family with the amount of cheese I use.

ADMIN EDIT to remove childish comments
[edit on 26-11-2005 by The Middle Kingdom]

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
wow it only took 181 pages of this thread from takling about an invasion of a small isalnd of the coast from china to food

WOW! Claps*

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Possibly, however I do happen to like Pizza, I make it myself thereby shocking my family with the amount of cheese I use.

At least your better then Bodebliss, he was just ignorant.

To be honest, I don't know Bodebliss. I think you understand that my hatred is NOT for China. I love the country, its foods, its people, culture, etc. It is the thugs in government in CHina that I save my loathing. I sense you understand the distinction.

I also like homemade pizza. Shocking amounts of cheese along with pepperoni, Italian sausage and ham. Yummy.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The chinese may not be able to invade just yet, but with all the money we are pouring into their econemy and raw materials we are shipping to them, you best believe in 5-10 years not only will they be capable of doing so but will just be itching for reason to do so. We will have no one else but ourselves (the good ol us of a) to thank for that.

We are pumping up china to no end. 60% of the worlds cranes are in china right now. I have no problem with them developing their infrastructure, but they are VERY sneaky when it comes to military.. Have you read the DOD annual report on the PRC? Some pretty scary Sh*it. EVERY piece of military hardware they puchase is to counter something that we have. All the tactices, and armor is meant to repell a US counter strike to a taiwanese invasion. They are simply bideing their time. Its their plan to lay low and pretend like they dont have anything, and appear weak.

Dont believe for a second that the chinese are incapable of anything. This is one powder keg thats going to go off like no tomorrow. Its the sum of all my fears.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Stop reading Tom Clancy, the only good plot thread in Bear and the Dragon was the Russian one, the Chinese plot was a pathetical caricature of a Dr. Evil situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Look who is calling the kettle black!

The great commie murdering apologist....ta-da! :
You just hate the truth when it meshes with your propaganda of lies.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hey Middle Kingdom ,

Ya want to know what I like?, a good conversation. That's what I like.

ADMIN EDIT to remove childish statement.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bodebliss, explain to me how I am ignorant? Can you catch me saying at least one thing where I was ignorant? Fail to do so and revoke your posting rights please.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh great Middle Kingdom,

ADMIN EDIT Removal of more childishness.

The result of a recent poll that was conducted by the US-based Gallup Organization showed that more than 60 percent of the interviewees in five countries see Taiwan as a sovereign country, and also that most people view it more favorably than China.

Source

This poll was done by the highly ethical Gallup org.

China will eventually drop all claims to Taiwan. It will see it's pursuit as a waiste of energy.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
*cough*

Pollsters interviewed 1,500 adults

*/cough*

I need not say more since the approch of Bodebliss's rebutels is just evasion, for you have not found a single post that I have posted that I have shown my ignorance in or provided the context of a possible train of thought through several posts that displays my "supposed" ignorance.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
you have extolled your leaders.

Well here is proof that your vaulted leaders care not for greater china . all that these so called leaders care about in regards to Taiwan is a chance to line their pockets.

Former head of the central military commission Jiang Zemin including former foreign minister Qian Qichen (錢其琛), former premier Zhu Rongji (朱鎔基) and former vice premier of China's State Council, Yao Yiling (姚依林) all got tens of millions of dollars out the six Lafayette-class frigates deal between Taiwan and France to the detriment of China's security and your security.

The Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) legislative caucus yesterday accused the Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) of using two individuals to distribute kickbacks from a 1991 French frigate deal to Chinese officials, including former Chinese president Jiang Zemin (江澤民).

Source

Zemin sold the PLA down the river while at the helm.

1500 is a normal sample for most polls.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

DPP caucus whip William Lai (賴清德) alleged that Thales struck a secret deal to provide China with information about the frigates, and also agreed to sell radars and missiles to China and help Beijing in its military cooperation and technology transfer efforts.

Soemthing you conveniatly forgot to mention, the PLAN got information out of that deal. It was a simple political maneuver by our government, France got to make money, we got to make money and the PLAN got to learn more Western Naval tech.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
that money lined the pocket of few traitorous chinese.

PS:to chinawhite :I'm old enough to know you and Middle Kingdom didn't add much to this thread

[edit on 11/27/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Hey Middle Kingdom ,
Ya want to know what ignorant looks like, Just look in a mirror.

How old are you?

I cant believe i was trying to debate you at one stage

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This thread has wandered everywhere, is a bit flaming, if it were a TV show, it would be on Fox News, Sci-Fi, History and, the Food Channel. Where did it begin, anyway? We forgot!

Move on, folks.

Sorry, Fred.

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180   >>

join