It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This may seem silly but would you not agree that the US has enough NUKES to do the job tenfold twentyfold we don't need more not in iran, south korea, anywhere. The submarine could wipe out the world by itself.

WAR + NUKES = DEATH OF PLANET

Devilwasp this is ATS lol. watch JFK its a good argument. Politics and the Military machine. And at that time the military did want war (thats what i meant).

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Munro,

Good point. The misconception is that there is one warhead per missile. More like 20 individual thermonuclear warheads per missile.

Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Several posters have presented historical evidence that this may not be the case. Please check those out

And just FYI: My Daddy can beat up your daddy....

I have read those references, and obviously you mean only those you wish to use in support of your argument. they are laden with non-factual accounts, supposition and guess work. Historical they are not. Included with the correct historical information I provided, I gave you above the CURRENT U.S position relative to a One China and U.S defense policies. In essence, with just the U.S state Department's blurb, I need check nothing else out, including the pretentious array of misinformation filling this thread from anti-Chinese posters.

As for the Russia/Chechnya issue, last I checked I did not see your name, however, I will take a peek later and trust that I will find you touting Chechnya's independence with as much zeal as you do Taiwan's.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Taiwan is free till it decides it's own destiny !

Here is the Treaty of San Francisco. In this document, the Japanese give up all rights to Taiwan w/o ceding Taiwan to anyone.

I can't be bothered to look back through the posts, but I would guess that you are the one who claimed to have studied the two documents you provided. You didn't study hard enough, or even long enough. Were you looking to find the word "Taiwan" within the SFT? Didn't find it and so declared aha! SomewhereinBetween doesn't know what he[sic] is talking about"?

Well here it is:

Article 2

(b) Japan renounces all right, title and claim to Formosa and the Pescadores.

And just because of your belligerence, I'll give yo a geography lesson also;

Find "Formosa" in here www.1uptravel.com...

Now find Taiwan www.chinapage.com...

You should have left well enough alone, maybe you should be taking up your refutation of the facts before you with the U.S State Department, write them a nice long letter that lists your arguments, then remember to tell them that you think they don't know what they are talking about.

I did not just stop there . I dug much deeper and consulted think tank experts by email. They agree w/ the articles I've pointed you to...

I doubt that very much, unless they, like you, do not know that Formosa is Taiwan.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION!
has china signed the humane right treaty?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION!
has china signed the humane right treaty?

China Signs Human Rights Treaty
Thursday, March 1, 2001
The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, meeting earlier this week in Beijing, has approved the International Convention on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, known informally as the United Nations human rights treaty.

Now anyone know when did US signed International Criminal Court Treaty and Kyoto Agreement ?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
But does China follow the agreement?

Signing a document is one thing. Doing is another.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
But does China follow the agreement?
Signing a document is one thing. Doing is another.

That is not his question. The judgement can be made by Chinese people only.

What about US agreement on Geneva Convention?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

China Signs Human Rights Treaty
Thursday, March 1, 2001
The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, meeting earlier this week in Beijing, has approved the International Convention on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, known informally as the United Nations human rights treaty.

Now anyone know when did US signed International Criminal Court Treaty and Kyoto Agreement ?

well one thing i wanna mention
article 15 of the humane right treaty of 1948 YOU signed it so you must abide by it, no longer is it a china-taiwan matter its a UN matter now as i understand thier nationalitly by choice which is taiwanese cannot be changed because of the UN international law PART I . they may determine thier goverment the chinese goverment cannot claim them because that would be breching both laws.
UN international law
Article 1
1. All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

UN human right.
Article 15.
(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That is not his question. The judgement can be made by Chinese people only.

What about US agreement on Geneva Convention?

yes they agreed your point is caller? where you at the game?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
FYI, US has not yet ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Why not?

www.unhchr.ch...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

FYI, US has not yet ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Why not?

www.unhchr.ch...

what your going to get padantic? also what about my comment on the UN law?
also so what? the US is behind on paper work?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

well one thing i wanna mention
article 15 of the humane right treaty of 1948 YOU signed it so you must abide by it, no longer is it a china-taiwan matter its a UN matter now as i understand thier nationalitly by choice which is taiwanese cannot be changed because of the UN international law PART I . they may determine thier goverment the chinese goverment cannot claim them because that would be breching both laws.
UN international law
Article 1
1. All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.

UN human right.
Article 15.
(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Do you know the difference between Nation and Nationality? What is your nationality?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
mine is british. but if you want to preceise i am a citizen of the united kingdom ieing in scotland.
also thier natioanilty is taiwanese . check and mate.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

mine is british. but if you want to preceise i am a citizen of the united kingdom ieing in scotland.
also thier natioanilty is taiwanese . check and mate.

So you are equating "nation" with "nationality".

What about following usage of "nationality":
www.nationmaster.com...

The multinational nature of China results in part by territories incorporated by the Qing dynasty, whose emperors were themselves Manchu and not members of the majority Han. Chinese nationalities theory is heavily influenced by that of the Soviet Union. Official policy is against assimilation and maintains that each nationality should have the right to develop its own culture and language.

The degree of integration of minority nationality with the national community varies widely from group to group. With some groups, such as the Tibetans and the Uighurs there is a great deal of resentment against the majority. Other groups such as the Zhuang, Hui Chinese, and ethnic Koreans are well integrated into the national community.

Do you mean there are 56 nations in China?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So you are equating "nation" with "nationality".

What about following usage of "nationality":
www.nationmaster.com...

ah now we get complicated now technically i am scottish BUT i am british because of my country being under the rule of the united kingdom. also what i am meaing is that YOU cannt take taiwan because they classify themselves as taiwanses a difrent nationailty and from a diffrent nation. also as you will notice under article 15 they can choose who they live under and they have not chosen you. they chose democracy not a rip off of comunism, just accept it you have no claim.

The multinational nature of China results in part by territories incorporated by the Qing dynasty, whose emperors were themselves Manchu and not members of the majority Han. Chinese nationalities theory is heavily influenced by that of the Soviet Union. Official policy is against assimilation and maintains that each nationality should have the right to develop its own culture and language.

The degree of integration of minority nationality with the national community varies widely from group to group. With some groups, such as the Tibetans and the Uighurs there is a great deal of resentment against the majority. Other groups such as the Zhuang, Hui Chinese, and ethnic Koreans are well integrated into the national community.

also we have many diffrent cultures under our banner BUT we still call them british because they are a citizen of there.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Do you mean there are 56 nations in China?

no thier are like 56 states in china.
if you use the logic you described thiered be 4 nations in britain.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

also we have many diffrent cultures under our banner BUT we still call them british because they are a citizen of there.

Same here. I am a member of Han nationality and a citizen of China (Chinese).

If you read more carefully, the UN treaty should be interpreted as "ethnic group" for "nationality".

By the way, have you answered my questions yet on the following treaties:
International Criminal Court, Kyoto Agreement, and Convention of Child Right, on the date US signed and ratified?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Same here. I am a member of Han nationality and a citizen of China (Chinese).

If you read more carefully, the UN treaty should be interpreted as "ethnic group" for "nationality".

By the way, have you answered my questions yet on the following treaties:
International Criminal Court, Kyoto Agreement, and Convention of Child Right, on the date US signed and ratified?

it is enterpreted. probably is updated but aint been updated.
no i looked at the link and thought it was strange but not to strange. i aint that up to date with the kyoto agreement or convention of child right.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

also what i am meaing is that YOU cannt take taiwan because they classify themselves as taiwanses a difrent nationailty and from a diffrent nation. also as you will notice under article 15 they can choose who they live under and they have not chosen you. they chose democracy not a rip off of comunism, just accept it you have no claim.

You obviously have absolutely no knowledge of ethnic composition of people in Taiwan. Taiwanese is the word for including all people living in Taiwan. It is not a name of nationality. Please familiar with yourself with that by following link from Taiwan government:
www.gio.gov.tw...

The Han form the largest ethnic group in Taiwan, making up roughly 98 percent of the population; 15 percent of this group came to Taiwan after 1945. Taiwan's population also consists of almost 60 other non-Han minorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join