It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL Bodebliss, if you cannot answer my question, just say you can't.

This is hillarious, you are confronted with a good argument and you evade it. You should not even be arguing here anymore, you have been "Pwned"

[edit on 23-10-2005 by k4rupt]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've already answered your question. So you must not know what your question is or are unable to recognize answers when you get them.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
LMAO YOU did not answer my question!

My question was: Wat are you willing to trade millions of American lives so easily for?

Please, gimme an answer now, I have asked you 5 times, you have evaded it each and every reply you gave...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Your question is unintelligible. It makes you seem to be silly.

It's off topic and adds nothing to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ROFL Does anyone hear this kid? Wow...
First of all It has everything to do with this topic and everything to do with the comment you made about taking nukes from China and nuking them back. You seem to not give a # about American or Chinese lives. I give you a VERY good argument and you CANNOT and still WILL NOT gimme an answer to it. At first you say you gave an answer and called me a fool for not knowing how to "find the answer" Then I asked you what the answer was and now you say my question is unintelligable and silly? Evasion anyone?

Bodebliss, your comments and your replies are unintelligable and silly

LMAO SOMEONE JUST READ THE RECENT POSTS WITH BODEBLISS' COMMENT AND WHAT I SAID IN RETURN. LOOK AT HIS REPLIES AND SOMEONE TELL ME WHO HAS BEEN PWNED

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As far as I can see your post is stalking. I have answered the question several times.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My question was: What are you willing to trade millions of American lives for?
Heres the answer you gave me...

Originally posted by bodebliss

lol:what are you willing to trade a billion chinese for?
:

America is always ready to go nukes. Just remember that.

ANYONE can see that is not the answer to my question... Bodebliss your making yourself look more and more foolish.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
Next, regardless of whether or not wikipedia is allowed in debates is irrelevent to whether or not its allowed in a open discussion.

If it cannot stand up to academic scrutiny it is automatically called into question as a source of fact. If you rely on it for evidence then the validity of your argument is likewise called into question.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
My question was: What are you willing to trade millions of American lives for?
Heres the answer you gave me...

lol:what are you willing to trade a billion chinese for?
:

America is always ready to go nukes. Just remember that.

ANYONE can see that is not the answer to my question... Bodebliss your making yourself look more and more foolish.

Your being childish and silly. Write your own answer .

China is being childish and (as I said in my last post to middle kindome) it's beginning to cost them in relations w/ other countries.

Japan should establish a more equal relationship with China rather than always trying to appease its giant rival, the foreign minister said yesterday, as he defended a visit by Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi to a controversial war shrine that angered Beijing.

Koizumi sparked angry protests from China and South Korea last Monday when he prayed at Yasukuni Shrine, which critics say glorifies Japan's wartime invasions of East Asia. The shrine honors Japan's war dead, including convicted war criminals executed by the Allies after World War II.

The visit -- Koizumi's fifth since taking office in 2001 -- prompted China to cancel a trip to Beijing by Japanese Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura, while South Korea's foreign minister said he would not follow through any time soon with an expected trip to Japan.

SOURCE

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Really, what common knowledge?
What makes living in China special when it comes to knowlege of Taiwan?
I would suggest that in many ways Chinese would be no better informed about Taiwan than any other foreigners who choose to inform themselves.

Didn't you read chiense that lived their or living there.

I think being a fujianese i know a lot more about taiwanese than you would.

Also speaking the same language is another thing we have under our belt. Because most things published about taiwan or china is actually chinese (go figure)

The Chinese are outsiders to Taiwan, what makes them better informed than any other outsider? Because they look the same and share a language? Many Brits look the same as many Australians and share a language and a history, doesn't make them informed about Australia.

Because of the 3.7million visits each year by taiwanese.

And the XX number of people from the mainland.

That is what gives us a advantage over you

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Japan accepted the potsdam declaration

Giving the land back to china

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You and chinawhite never back up anything you say with links.

Do i even need to?

You never debate the information we share.

Never ask for sources or links?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Really, what common knowledge?
What makes living in China special when it comes to knowlege of Taiwan?
I would suggest that in many ways Chinese would be no better informed about Taiwan than any other foreigners who choose to inform themselves.

Didn't you read chiense that lived their or living there.

I think being a fujianese i know a lot more about taiwanese than you would.

Also speaking the same language is another thing we have under our belt. Because most things published about taiwan or china is actually chinese (go figure)

The Chinese are outsiders to Taiwan, what makes them better informed than any other outsider? Because they look the same and share a language? Many Brits look the same as many Australians and share a language and a history, doesn't make them informed about Australia.

Because of the 3.7million visits each year by taiwanese.

And the XX number of people from the mainland.

That is what gives us a advantage over you

Doesn't matter what language it's written in, check the source. Just because I write in English that the US government intends to "re-unify" with the UK by force if necessary and that a majority of Brits support this, doesn't make it true.

Wow, you're fujianese, so what? There are thousands of Khmers living in the US who cannot speak Khmer and know nothing of Cambodia except for the name Pol Pot.

Visits have nothing to do with it. Wow, 3.7 million, visiting a population of 1.6 (approx) billion. Unless they are undertaking lecture tours in which they can speak the unedited truth as they see it to crowds of thousands and are a representative cross-section of Taiwanese society that statistic is meaningless drivel.

I think being a citizen of a free and independent democracy I would know plenty about the aspirations of citizens of other free and independent, free-market democracies.

Not to sling mud or disrespect, but chinawhite, would you, for pete's sake, please proof-read your posts before you hit "post reply". You claim your English and education are superior, well show it, instead of forcing me to wade through this:

"Didn't you read chiense lived their or living there"

Gramatically that is meaningless and I'm just not sure what you meant, even with my Bad English filters in place I can't decipher this.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what language it's written in, check the source. Just because I write in English that the US government intends to "re-unify" with the UK by force if necessary and that a majority of Brits support this, doesn't make it true.

I was refering to Taishyou's post which you were quoting.

Originally posted by Taishyou
I think couple people here have either lived in China before or are living China right now, they can speak of the Taiwan situation from common knowledge.

You were replying to his post.

Wow, you're fujianese, so what? There are thousands of Khmers living in the US who cannot speak Khmer and know nothing of Cambodia except for the name Pol Pot.

I lived in china for a good part of my life.

And i have family on both sides.

Having Real experience is a lot more important than being somewhere else talking about fake knowledge

Visits have nothing to do with it. Wow, 3.7 million, visiting a population of 1.6 (approx) billion. Unless they are undertaking lecture tours in which they can speak the unedited truth as they see it to crowds of thousands and are a representative cross-section of Taiwanese society that statistic is meaningless drivel.

3.7million is a very large percentage of taiwanese. that figure is for each year.

Also if you want to discuss the chinese government in china you can but in your own home. Yes that is not free but when people come from visits overseas you talk about things like this

I think being a citizen of a free and independent democracy I would know plenty about the aspirations of citizens of other free and independent, free-market democracies.

Your australian,

You do not even know anything about what culture or what chinese people think.

Congrats you live in a free democracy, same here.

What makes you think like the rest of australia?

Not to sling mud or disrespect, but chinawhite, would you, for pete's sake, please proof-read your posts before you hit "post reply". You claim your English and education are superior, well show it, instead of forcing me to wade through this:

I claimed it was a better education than bodebliss,

"Didn't you read chiense lived their or living there"

Gramatically that is meaningless and I'm just not sure what you meant, even with my Bad English filters in place I can't decipher this.

let me wrtie that with two things added.

Didn't you read this, Chinese that lived there or living there

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I was born in Bendigo, I've been surrounded by Chinese culture my entire life.

And my point about living in China and claiming knowledge of Taiwan still stands.

I don't assume I think like all Australians, what makes you think you think like all Chinese, let alone like a Taiwanese? I didn't vote for John Howard, yet obviously a majority did.

3.7 million might be a significant proportion of Taiwan's population, 'though I doubt it, what, they're barely bigger than New Zealand? but unless they are visiting all corners of the PRC and speaking to all the people then "China" and the "Chinese" as a monolithic block are not learning about Taiwan from the Taiwanese but from the CCP.

You've just admitted that China is not a free society. Taiwan is. By that token my statement about empathy is true. I can slag Johnny off on the steps of Flinders Street station. The Taiwanese can, and do, criticise Chen shui-Bian in public, the CCP sends in the tanks, therefore I can understand how the Taiwanese think and mainlanders cannot simply because I share the same motivations and freedoms.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Chinawhite the potsdam declaration is just that a declaration of intent.

This does not equal anything under international law.

The 1992 consensus is also a letter of intent to be interpreted by both sides as seen fit.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
"Visits have nothing to do with it. Wow, 3.7 million, visiting a population of 1.6 (approx) billion. Unless they are undertaking lecture tours in which they can speak the unedited truth as they see it to crowds of thousands and are a representative cross-section of Taiwanese society that statistic is meaningless drivel."

I hope that breaks out soon. It would be a dream if the Chinese were allowed to go on the internet @ will.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I was born in Bendigo, I've been surrounded by Chinese culture my entire life.

Bendigo is just chinese people. not chinese culture.

Nearly all chinese living thre are on there 3-4th generation.

And my point about living in China and claiming knowledge of Taiwan still stands.

Because the people tashiyou are talking about have been overseas.

overseas chinese know what overseas chinese think. A very large percent of overseas chinese are from two regions guangdong or fujian, these two dominat south-east asias population of chinese and australian chinese

what makes you think you think like all Chinese, let alone like a Taiwanese?

On certain issues i do.

Anyway when did i say i think like all chinese and taiwanese?

I don't assume I think like all Australians,I didn't vote for John Howard, yet obviously a majority did.

You dont anyway.

The reason labour lost was because they had a poor candidate. which later turned out to be a rat.

3.7 million might be a significant proportion of Taiwan's population, 'though I doubt it, what, they're barely bigger than New Zealand? but unless they are visiting all corners of the PRC and speaking to all the people then "China" and the "Chinese" as a monolithic block are not learning about Taiwan from the Taiwanese but from the CCP.

The CCP doesn't control peoples lives,

yes the censor puvlic speaking but they dont monitor what is said about them in private.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China is a big place with 56 different ethnic groups. the 3.7million taiwanese are learning about china in areas which their ancestors came from. and doing a large percent of buiness to.

You've just admitted that China is not a free society. Taiwan is. By that token my statement about empathy is true.

It is common knowledge that china doesn't have the level of free speech in a demoracy. but if you want to run a country with 1.3billion indiviuals thinking differently or have two different opinions its extremly difficult.

China is still one party and will remain one party for the present near future

It has already been having elections in the countryside since the 80s and is going to have elctions at the city level

I can slag Johnny off on the steps of Flinders Street station.

slag? you mean spit on them.

If you mean spit then you will go to jail or do some very pathetic community service

The Taiwanese can, and do, criticise Chen shui-Bian in public, the CCP sends in the tanks, therefore I can understand how the Taiwanese think and mainlanders cannot simply because I share the same motivations and freedoms.

the taiwanese resort to violence to get their views across.

Their are two main groups in taiwan. pan-blue and pan-green. these two always are at each other often violent.

thats taiwanese demoracy.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Chinawhite the potsdam declaration is just that a declaration of intent.
This does not equal anything under international law.

No. yes by itself is just meaningless. but japan accept these terms in the instrument of surrender signed on the Missouri.

We hereby undertake for the Emperor, the Japanese Government and their successors to carry out the provisions of the Potsdam Declaration in good faith, and to issue whatever orders and take whatever actions may be required by the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers or by any other designated representative of the Allied Powers for the purpose of giving effect to that Declaration.

www.taiwandocuments.org...

These did undertake this and surrendered to KMT troops

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I hope that breaks out soon. It would be a dream if the Chinese were allowed to go on the internet @ will.

It would be a dream if your internet got removed. :-)

Are you going to bother answering anyones questions here or keep on calling them childish?

new topics

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join