It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by bodebliss

I think you probably misunderstood my comments. Do you think maybe your english needs work?

Sorry but i have a better education than you.

I think the above quote by you is crystal clear.

I was just asking a question. A little touchy aren't you?

Take a break. Here's a place place where you can rest and take your pulse.

Right here on ATS no less:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I've seen the word of which you show an agitation to used on many non-racist sites by people of chinese heritage. I did not know it would lead you to go ballistic. Such a short tempered one are we! I was docked 500 points for that though I did not know it to be a slight.

And you way you are using it is not offensive

You purposely used it as a offensive word

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I was just asking a question. A little touchy aren't you?
Take a break. Here's a place place where you can rest and take your pulse.
Right here on ATS no less:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you have to much anxiety .

3 posts for two of mine.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wow.. human wave tactics here..
I predicted the influx of more chinese members inot the weaps forum..

Let me ask all chinese people one thing..
Are they ok with the status quo as of now?
Because IMHO its going to stay that way for good..
Too much resistance on either side for it to go the unification way or the independance way etiher..

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"
Hold on there, Middle kingdom!

I was talking about the KMT and Taiwan and the Taipei Times.

I don't hate the chinese. I hope all continues to go well w/ China and it's economy. the things I raise are not wishes on my part, but possible outcomes in looking at what is going on right now in China mostly done by the CCP."

This is too good to be true.

The KMT last time I checked was the only reason why Taiwan didn't become part of China in the first place, and the reason why they don't go for independance is because they have the dream of retaking mainland China.

Most of China's economic prosperity is because of the CCP, and your continually dismissive of China's progress that is what we find frustrating.

"It is not in centrally-planned gov'ts to govern well. This has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Maybe the CCP will be a miracle that will rewrite the history of gov'ts, but I seriously doubt that!"

excuse, almost ALL governments are run centrally, take the USA for example you have your federal government thus a central government thats in charge of a federation of states.

"do I look like the US gov't to you?

The gov't is ready and has always been ready for nuclear war."

Exactly why we think your a chun zi, if your not the US gov't then why do you continually pretend to speak for them?

"I don't think your interpreting the inflection of my discertations in a proper light. If only you would think about my writings in a more diligent manner, maybe you would see the intrinsic value in them. I'm sure it's just a difference in culture that is leading you to these assumptions. "

We took all of your discertations to their proper light and disproved all of them, we have shown the evidence time and again can you say otherwise?

This is why we would like you (Bodebliss) to back out of the ring gracefully.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
80% of Taiwan is ok with it, and I'm ok with it I know we'll unifiy one day when its acceptable for both sides.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"We took all of your discertations to their proper light and disproved all of them, we have shown the evidence time and again can you say otherwise?

This is why we would like you (Bodebliss) to back out of the ring gracefully. "

But middle kingdom,

You and chinawhite never back up anything you say with links.

so who shows more proofs. It is I !

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think couple people here have either lived in China before or are living China right now, they can speak of the Taiwan situation from common knowledge. You are an outsider with little experience of the situation, that's why you have to go find and pick articles biased enough in your favour in order to support your claims.

It would help if you just go out there study about the history of mainland China and Taiwan in detail and see how it developed to its present state. Cos right now, all you're doing is blindly following every single word of the more extreme Taiwanese, who do not even represent the POV of the whole island. So far you have failed to demonstrate that you have any clue about the nature of this situation.

By the time you have enough knowledge of what's going on down there to be able to formulate your own opinion, not Taipei Times' opinion, maybe people will have more respect for what you have to say.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know now you have not even research the thread to which you are posting. I have read and researched this subject in more detail than you could possibly know.

China has no claim on Taiwan!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have posted at least a 50 posts w/ links other than the Taipei times about the status of Taiwan. where were you?

Taishyou is the one that requires education . Not I.

[edit on 10/23/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Next jab someone takes here at another's education or personal attributes, I'm slapping them with a warn...

Discuss this civilly or don't discuss it all...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And yet again Bodebless you have evaded my question. All I wanted to know was "Wat are you willing to trade millions of American lives so easily for?" But instead of answering my question, you make side comments and attack something else... evading my question and call me a fool. How am I a fool? I gave you a good argument to YOUR comment and now you CANNOT answer back my question.

Anyone else noticing Bodebliss evading my question?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I have posted at least a 50 posts w/ links other than the Taipei times about the status of Taiwan. where were you?

I'd say 90% of your links are from Taipei Times. Most of those links that aren't from there are aren't even about Taiwan. One of them I saw was about the silk road, which was kind of random.

It seems like Taipei Times is one of your only sources of information. If that's true then you can't say you know what's going on. You've only seen the Taiwan situation from perspective of one small group of people, you haven't seen it from the POV of groups on the mainland, nor have you seen it from the POV of other groups in Taiwan. In fact, Taipei Times is read 70% by westerners and only 30% by Taiwanese (see their about page), it does not even represent the view of all Taiwan.

Now why don't you go think about this and don't bother replying since I won't be back for a good while. In fact why don't you reply to k4rupt for a change, he's pwning you so bad.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But middle kingdom,

You and chinawhite never back up anything you say with links.

so who shows more proofs. It is I !

Everytime I post in responce to you I either respond with a link to wikipedia or some other site such as the people's daily or I post an exerpt from my books which I also give the title, the author and the publishing company and all of them were printed in England not China so you can't accuse me of bias. And the books are originally in english.

The very fact that you state that I never post any proof is why not you are now -50 points in my respect'o'meter.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by The Middle Kingdom]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
I either respond with a link to wikipedia

FYI, Wikipedia is disallowed as an academic reference.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
I think couple people here have either lived in China before or are living China right now, they can speak of the Taiwan situation from common knowledge. You are an outsider with little experience of the situation,

Really, what common knowledge?
What makes living in China special when it comes to knowlege of Taiwan?
I would suggest that in many ways Chinese would be no better informed about Taiwan than any other foreigners who choose to inform themselves.

The Chinese are outsiders to Taiwan, what makes them better informed than any other outsider? Because they look the same and share a language? Many Brits look the same as many Australians and share a language and a history, doesn't make them informed about Australia.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
"What makes living in China special when it comes to knowlege of Taiwan? "

Living in China has no advantage when talking about Taiwan or the US because the chinese in China are kept in the dark and fed lies. They are then turned loose on a quiet peaceful world. Sad , it's just so sad.

It serves the evil dictators of China well though . I guess that is why they do it.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"In fact, Taipei Times is read 70% by westerners and only 30% by Taiwanese (see their about page), it does not even represent the view of all Taiwan. "

The parent company of the Taipei Times is the Liberty Times. Maybe you 've heard of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
But the conversation has constantly steered away from Taiwan and Bodebliss constantly attacks things he does not understand.

Also I'm in the military with unlimited access to foreign printings and the internet I see no lies or exagerations anywhere. I compare the people's daily with CNN and I see the same quality of content.

Next, regardless of whether or not wikipedia is allowed in debates is irrelevent to whether or not its allowed in a open discussion.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by The Middle Kingdom]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Many international law scholars point to the fact that China has no legitimate claim to Taiwan and I have posted those on this thread for all to see.

Taipei Times only source, Hah!

If you had diligently read a thread that I have posted to since page 8. You would see that I have researched well my views. I don't come across as such to your recent arrival because you don't either. You don't delve deep enough either. You want others to kowtow to your effigy of the CCP because you do and you think everyone who was reasonable would and should.

What you want is to be placated for the lies you spread. This is not about to happen.

Taiwan is legally free, and if the US has anything to do with it , it will remain free.

The only mistake so far in all this trouble over Taiwan is the US's ambiguity about Taiwan's actual status. It is this ambiguity that has China thinking there might be an oppurtunity to drive a wedge between the US and Taiwan. This might just be a strategy of the US. Yes, to draw the CCP out and make it show it's evil hand too soon. The international community is because of Taiwan's democracy beginning to take note as to how it might reshape the issue. It is beginning to look for ways to pop the balloon of tension. Maybe by choosing Africa for it's next factory or South America. Take some of the wind out of China's bloated sails.

As the CCP steers too far in the wrong direction, so to will the world. The nations of Earth will start to move against the Central Kingdom and leave China high and dry in a world of hurt.

[edit on 10/23/2005 by bodebliss]

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join