It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 16
1
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:
D

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

a

I agree with D most Chinese are hostile towrads us foreigners but they aree getting used to the fact that they cant be like this forever


I'm not a foreigner as such, I'm actually of Chinese descent so I fit in ok over there. Most my experiences are from the big family get togethers and there's discussions about my life in Australia and that and that's when any attitudes towards westerns, (positive or negative) come out.




posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I am not against chinese or russians or japanese or germans, but my dad(god rest your soul, Dad) was heavy into hate. Thank god, it did not rub off on me.

What I am is a fighter for liberty at the highest level possible for each individual. Now criminals can only be allowed a prison cell as far as I'm concerned. The Taiwanese who have shoveled so much s*#t and are willing to go the distance for their liberty deserve my support. The CCP should have no say in what they do with their freedom, and if the China's citizens ever get the balls to pull the plug on that charade called a gov't in China, I will be there to shake their hands.

All 1.3 bllion of them.

Bode Bliss

[edit on 9/8/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrZ
To all the Chinese posters, please don't both to post any more.
There is no point in arguing, it does no good for anyone.
If they want to believe that Chinese are all cannibals then let them believe that, if they think that any Chinese who is nationalistic is brain washed by the Communists and paid by them to monitor other people, then let them believe that. This is a international forum, most posters are from european or north american countries, of course they have a different view from you. They do not see China the way you do because they have not been living there like all of you. After decades of vilifying the Communists and the USSR, you can expect this kind of response. Keep your cool, because words can't hurt you. There is no way to win an argument if you are the only one with this view and it does not matter if you are right or wrong. So I urge you all to just go and read about the aliens instead of wasting time debating and don't post anything that is deemed pro-chinese or has anything to do with China because it will simply end up like this again.

zcheng, you can stop posting and i'll will tell them that you have been blocked by the evil chicom government that wishes to oppress everyone.



So true, to too many posters on the board. When they received and accepted propaganda since young, I am not surprised to find their colored view against China.

It will continue to post, and attempt to smash their prejudice toward China and Chinese people, and attempt to destroy their ignorance of history in Taiwan strait, and attempt to expose their false sense of righteousness.

Thus, I want some people at least try to find the truth by researching, not by viewing TV Channels like Fox, CNN, etc and their mind controlled by those editors, and cause them to think with their god-given brain.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I agree with D most Chinese are hostile towrads us foreigners but they aree getting used to the fact that they cant be like this forever


You better go to China for a visit. The fact is most Chinese esp. Official put foreigners ahead of fellow Chinese. It is a shame for me. At least everyone should be equal. Just do not claim you are a Japanese, and defending their atrocities in China.

If there is a resentment, it is toward mostly US foreign policy and US messing in Taiwan, not against US people. Every people from around the world are welcomed to visit China, but not those jingoic Japanese.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You know, I have yet to hear a complete, honest, accurate description of Chinese culture and society from anybody.

Let's try this. How many Americans here have any respect whatsoever for China in any way?



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And just to add to that, how many people leave the US to go to China to live the rest of their life there, and I mean people born in the US and go to China?

Now, how many people born in China come, or at least try to come, live the rest of there life in the US?



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Let's try this. How many Americans here have any respect whatsoever for China in any way?


Respect for the history and culture (pre Mao) absolutely. From the inumerable inventions to the people themselves. Nothing but respect.

FOr the brutal repressive government? Never



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Respect for the history and culture (pre Mao) absolutely. From the inumerable inventions to the people themselves. Nothing but respect.

FOr the brutal repressive government? Never


Do you realize the history and culture of China is quite brutal and repressive? Does that change your views any?

For example, their culture is based heavily on Confucianism, extreme Confucianism, maybe not even Confucianism. Women and children are considered highly inferior to men, almost slaves to men.

China is also a nation that easily looks down upon other cultures and nations. It's a very intolerant culture, in fact. And that has nothing to do with the government. If they don't like something, they'll heavily criticize it. If they like something, they'll take it as their own.

So, do you still have respect for this brutal, repressive culture and society?

Amazing what little we can really know about people, huh?



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Devilwasp,
Sorry to hear about the dog, I'm not saying I know how you feel, but I have a dog who's getting up in years, and I'm gonna miss him alot when he goes.

As far as zcheng is concerned, he shouldn't have asked what his P.M. was eating because there is alot of un-white-washed data about the CCP atrocities and China on the web.

Bode

bode
thanks man. yah u always to miss em.
yeah your right he shouldnt have asked
i really hate how they think thier cheap twisted rip off of it is comunisim



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
I am not against chinese or russians or japanese or germans, but my dad(god rest your soul, Dad) was heavy into hate. Thank god, it did not rub off on me.

What I am is a fighter for liberty at the highest level possible for each individual. Now criminals can only be allowed a prison cell as far as I'm concerned. The Taiwanese who have shoveled so much s*#t and are willing to go the distance for their liberty deserve my support. The CCP should have no say in what they do with their freedom, and if the China's citizens ever get the balls to pull the plug on that charade called a gov't in China, I will be there to shake their hands.

All 1.3 bllion of them.

Bode Bliss

[edit on 9/8/2004 by bodebliss]

HOAH! exsactly bode exsactly!



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
bodebliss,

How about you let the Chinese people speak for themselves instead of speaking for them?

You're starting to sound like the Chinese government yourself!

If they want revolution, they'll do it. Unfortunately, at the expense of a lot of your own household items!



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well I'll tell you ,I've read every legal document on Taiwan's and the CCP's relationshipthru history .Studied every word and China does not have a leagal leg to stand on in this. I studied The Treaty of Shimoseki to The SAnFransisco Treaty and every document inbetween .Taiwan is free.Taiwan should enjoy "puerto rico' status.That did not happen because of the KMT dictatorship.Taiwan is without bindings in international Law and it's up to them to decide.

Bode

[edit on 9/8/2004 by bodebliss]



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
For example, their culture is based heavily on Confucianism, extreme Confucianism, maybe not even Confucianism. Women and children are considered highly inferior to men, almost slaves to men.



Is this your opinion of China and Chinese people today?

Yes, before 1949, there is little status of women in Chinese society. When CCP came to power all have changed with man and women are equal in education and work.

In today's China, the Wife usually have more say in family than the Husband. With more men than woman in China, that trend may continue to increase. While in terms of work after graduation, many employees may prefer male because soon the woman may bear a child. That is need to be changed.

I encourage you all to visit China once at least in your life time. You will find how biased you are on China and Chinese people.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Is this your opinion of China and Chinese people today?

Yes, before 1949, there is little status of women in Chinese society. When CCP came to power all have changed with man and women are equal in education and work.

In today's China, the Wife usually have more say in family than the Husband. With more men than woman in China, that trend may continue to increase. While in terms of work after graduation, many employees may prefer male because soon the woman may bear a child. That is need to be changed.

I encourage you all to visit China once at least in your life time. You will find how biased you are on China and Chinese people.


Actually, you proved my point.

FredT says he has respect for Chinese culture and Chinese people. Then he says he has no respect for a brutal, repressive regime. Contradictory, since China's history and culture is filled with repression and sometimes, brutality, despite the Chinese people being a peaceful people. So he knows as much about China and it's culture as many Americans: very little.

Anyway, I apologize for my own lack of knowledge. I realize I know very little about MODERN Chinese culture.

I will say this, though. China is very authoritarian, but I commend them for being so willing and progressive.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Actually, you proved my point.
FredT says he has respect for Chinese culture and Chinese people. Then he says he has no respect for a brutal, repressive regime. Contradictory, since China's history and culture is filled with repression and sometimes, brutality, despite the Chinese people being a peaceful people. So he knows as much about China and it's culture as many Americans: very little.
I will say this, though. China is very authoritarian, but I commend them for being so willing and progressive.


Progressive come on Sweat, the government is alot of things but progressive


How exactly did I prove your point? You would be surprised how much I do know about Chinese culture. I have been there (about 10 years ago) and my wife is part Chinese and part Vietnamese. I have more than a passing familiarity with the culture to say the least. i married into it..... Simply because I do not agree with the government of China does not make me ignorant of its people or its culture.

I hate to say it, but you may need to do some boning up on the Chinese Government. Willing and progressive?????? Willing to comit atrocities? Progressive how so?

Perhaps you should take a look at this site:
www.hrw.org...



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by drunk
I agree with D most Chinese are hostile towrads us foreigners but they aree getting used to the fact that they cant be like this forever


You better go to China for a visit. The fact is most Chinese esp. Official put foreigners ahead of fellow Chinese. It is a shame for me. At least everyone should be equal. Just do not claim you are a Japanese, and defending their atrocities in China.






I have told you through u2u i am a gwei lo who has been living in H.K for over 20 years, as for visiting China i have done that and felt very unwelcome there.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
First off, that post was not to you, it was to zcheng. zcheng proved my point, not you, sorry.

Second, are you seriously saying modernization and economic prosperity are not progressive things? Are you kidding me? So I guess America's regressive, because they're modern? lol

And you may have married into it, yes. But guess what, I am in the know, if you know what I mean and I probably do know more about China than you do. Being Asian, if not Chinese, I was born into it and have spent lots of time, probably more than you, studying their history and culture.

Not being arrogant, just stating a fact.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I have told you through u2u i am a gwei lo who has been living in H.K for over 20 years, as for visiting China i have done that and felt very unwelcome there.


You are warranted to feel unwelcome.

Chinese are very wary of foreigners. They are very inward and perhaps even paranoid of anybody not Chinese.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Of course they are this has been going on for some time dont forget we are talking about mainland Chinese here not Hong Kong Chinese, the H.K Chinese wish that Hong Kong was still under British rule.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
........ Taiwan is free.Taiwan should enjoy "puerto rico' status.......

What do you mean..Puerto Rico is commonwealth of the US, right?




top topics



 
1
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join