It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just to sum up the discussion about Japan. What Japan did before was already done, it's in the past. It's what they do today that upsets many of Japan's victims during WWII.

Germany was able to get much overall respect from its victims because the present government made every effort to demonstrate that they are against the Nazis and what they have done, and paid proper respects for those that died under the Nazis. Whereas Germany made denial of Holocaust history and support for Nazis a criminal offence, Japan tried to deny and sugarcoat its actions during WWII in its history books. Whereas Germany tried to hunt down every war criminal and bring them to justice, Japan allowed them to be placed in their holy shrine. Whereas Germany made sincere and formal apologies to every victim for the actions of its formal government, Japan showed great reluctance to do so, only giving minor statements of "regret" when diplomatic relations with other countries gets too bad.

Japan did not get as much respect from its formal victims as Germany did because of this. Of course, it's not required by international law that they do it, but if they want to get what they want, like for example, a permanent seat on the UN security council which China holds a veto for, they have to learn from Germany and improve their reputation. And of course, its their government, which represents them, that have to do it first.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"When and where? "

Been sleeping again?

www.tro-taiwan.roc.org.uk...

I've heard Pm Blair say as much during Pm question time and all agreeing .

www.taiwandc.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

While it adheres to the so-called "one China" policy, the European Parliament supports a peaceful resolution of disputes between Taipei and Beijing through dialogue, negotiation and confidence-building measures.

More recently, under pressure from China, the US has stated its opposition to any movements toward independence by Taiwan. This came at a time when Taiwan was legislating the use of referendums.

Not once do they say Taiwan is an independent Nation and they speak of reunification with China...

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Odium]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't know who is my friend or enemy in the world. but i believe i love peace anytimes,however, i believe there are no peace if we cann't face to the war too.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"they speak of reunification with China..."

....or whatever happens. Nobody can force Taiwan to join up w/ a communist dictatorship that would come in there and kill whoever stood in their way. Filthy CCP

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
"When and where? "
Been sleeping again?
www.tro-taiwan.roc.org.uk...

It mentions nothing about letting taiwan choose its own path. but wants it settled peacfully

and the source

Source : Taipei Journal 2002

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Come on, bodebliss, I'm still waiting for you to back up many claims over the last few pages now. :-)

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Saying it will be settled peacefully is like saying it will never happen.

This is equal to saying if an evil empire wants to overthrow your democracy that's a no-go.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have provided hundreds of links on this thread.

You have provided few. It is because your demeanor negates proof?

Deny Ignorance!

Where is your proof that allowing an evil empirer(china) to grow and fester will be good for it's neighbors and the world?

You have none.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Look at what you said...look at your sources.

I am still waiting for the proof 30million people were killed.

We can take it turn by turn. You back one of yours up and I will mine? I'm game.

FredT as for Stalin/Mao, I would suggest it was more of a rivalry. Both wanting to be 'Top Dog' and this caused many of the problems the two groups had between one another. [Hence why so much of the army is near the border between the two.]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well here's one big commie regime can't take care of it's own.
This is because the cadre is tooo busy stuffing it's pockets.

archives.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
here's another similar to one I posted earlier , which you overlooked, poo-pooed whatever...

www.abc.net.au...

Right out of mao's bio Wild swan thangs

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Proof
The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.

Jung Chang fled China half a lifetime ago before writing Wild Swans, a story of China through the eyes of three generations of women - Jung Chang, her mother and grandmother. She's currently touring Australia to promote Mao, the Unknown Story, and I spoke with her in Sydney.

It isn't through their eyes, because they didn't see 70million people get killed nor can they give any evidence to support such a claim.

Liu Shaoqi became State President, in 1959 and Mao was only the chairman and didn't hold as much power as people wish to make out. Mao was also only the Chairman from 1949 to 1976 [27years] and the interview/the women, forgets to point at many of the acts of god which went on during the period and were out of Mao's control - let alone the fact other people impliment the policy differently, depending on the region for christs sake...

As for China having a high risk of AIDs...well 2+2 does equal four.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why should the Han chinese rule all of China?

Were it not for the CCP China would break into 5 pieces, right now!

I have seen many representations of empires of the past in China . Not one encompassed all of China. A part here for a few hundred years, a part there for a few hundred years, there is no greater china in history.

What they have now is doomed to failure. It will unravel. It will bring down great masses of the current population, and end in revolution, civil war and destruction.

You are blinded by a passion for something that never existed and can not continue to exist. China will end up like Yugoslavia.

Wake up.

[edit on 10/7/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
bodebliss, what the hell was your post in response too?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well, because 90% of the population in China is Han (98% for Taiwan)
Those that are not Han mostly live in those middle-of-nowhere areas like the west and northwest. Those areas are autonomous, the CCP doesn't controll it directly. The entire eastern part is almost 100% Han and is under control of the CCP

bodebliss, what the hell was your post in response too?

Yeah, I would like to know too. That seemed kinda random

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
"China is a united multi-ethnic nation of 56 ethnic groups. According to the fourth national census, taken in 1990, the Han people made up 91.96% of the country's total population, and the other 55 ethnic groups, 8.04%. As the majority of the population is of the Han ethnic group, China's other ethnic groups are customarily referred to as the national minorities."

Sorry it only appears to be 91.9%. Your wrong.

"In addition to five autonomous regions (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, founded on May 1, 1947; Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, founded on October 1, 1955; Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, founded on March 5, 1958; Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, founded on October 25, 1958; and Tibet Autonomous Region, founded on September 9, 1965), China currently has 30 autonomous prefectures and 120 autonomous counties (or in some cases "banners"), in addition to more than 1,300 ethnic townships."

These areas would drop away with more freedom.

www.asianinfo.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Sorry it only appears to be 91.9%. Your wrong.

Yeah, his 90% was lower than that which doesn't help to back your claims up that they shouldn't have control.

It is likely in a democratic election, the majority of people would in fact be Han Chinese

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Does america have a black President?

Were it not for the CCP China would break into 5 pieces, right now!

5 pieces?

The Han chinese are majority in nearly every region of china

I have seen many representations of empires of the past in China . Not one encompassed all of China. A part here for a few hundred years, a part there for a few hundred years, there is no greater china in history.

Qing dynasty?

Ring any bells.

You are blinded by a passion for something that never existed and can not continue to exist. China will end up like Yugoslavia.

Wake up.

Jesus

What are you smoking?

Get real stop reading propaganda and get down to earth

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

here's another similar to one I posted earlier , which you overlooked, poo-pooed whatever...
www.abc.net.au...
Right out of mao's bio Wild swan thangs

Maos bioliography?

that is not a bioliography. Its not about maos life but his ego

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join