It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Odium ,

He didn't just wisper to a coworker who leaked it to the press.

He called a press conference and shout out his(?) views.

This like the CCP Letting it be known they have gone to a "First Strike" policy, and he didn't lose his job?

Actually they have had that policy since 1996 I do believe. If forced into a war they can't win, which could mean the loss of China they would return fire with nuclear weapons.

However, they did lower his rank after he said it...so I highly doubt many of them still agree with it and also it is a lot different than a first strike policy.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yes it is slightly different than a first strike policy and they did demote the guy, but how much of all that is orchestrated.

In the US the government lies and cheats but eventually the truth is found out.

W/ the CCP there is no truth to be found, and they will tell you , it's not required. This can not stand forever. It will end. Someday it will end.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The CCP killed 50 million chinese. Are they trying to make their own evil look smaller?

No they didn't. there is no proof.

No Proof get it?

They just said they would sacrifice the most populated part of China in a nuclear war with the US. This could lead to the death of 700-900 million chinese. Are you ready?

Ummm......

Who said that?

Oh great and masterful CCP, what plans for the masses of chinese do you have?

TO make all chinese have a properous life

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Mao had an emporer complex and those close to him that retreated from hierarchy and escaped to write books in the West, said he didn't care how his policies effected peasants and if millions died to implement his plan so much the better.

Wow who made that remarkable analysis.

Coming from someone that doesn't know anything about chinese people

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
I think you have to be careful here. I know the KMT and CCP taught us all these great atrocities committed by Japan, but they are part of propaganda. Japan's invasion is wrong, and many innocent people died. But CCP and KMT actually over blow the facts. For example, a lot of photos shown by CCP and KMT are cut and edit in ways that mislead people. Unfortunately a lot of these are just taken as facts after they are published and retaught over and over.

What ???????

Now i know your japanese. You dont sound taiwanese anyway

I know from personal facts. Not propaganda what the japanese done.

In my village/town called putian the japanese came demanding rice and women. This was the day before chinese new year.

THe whole town fled with supplies but only about 50,000 elderly and small children stayed. thinking that they will get mercy

The fice days after the japanese left. my village came back and found 50,000 corpses. We now celebrate 5 days after to honour those that died.

Now you think they deserved to die?

Japan was wrong, but believing totally in what CCP and KMT said is not very good. I don't think it is worth it to be over zealous over Japan's apologies since they have apologize many times I think.

Individual apologies dont mean a thing..........

Also you japanese can start by moving those 14 class A crimmals out of the shrime.

If you really wanted to worship your dead

And in the end Japanese people suffered as well when US fire bombs and nukes their cities. Some form of forgiveness might be worth it as well.

Haha. Their cities got bombed. so what.

Chinese got tortured and used as ginea pigs for germ warfare. did they get compensation??

They still dont acknowledged unit 731.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"Ummm......

Who said that? "

You come here w/o reading the prior pages It's in my posts read 'em

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yes it is slightly different than a first strike policy and they did demote the guy, but how much of all that is orchestrated.

It's very different to a first strike policy. I am sure America have the same policy in place, if they were invaded and taking heavy damages that they would use nuclear weapons...

In the US the government lies and cheats but eventually the truth is found out.

Is it?

How many people have no clue of your Government's Eugenics policy up till the 1970's? The truth is there but you never educate the people on it so they will always be unaware. What is so different than what they do in China?

They still realise the documents...the average person just doesn't get to see them.

W/ the CCP there is no truth to be found, and they will tell you , it's not required. This can not stand forever. It will end. Someday it will end.

Truth about what? There is always truth there to be found if people try...

And every empire falls, America will one day as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

"Ummm......

Who said that? "

You come here w/o reading the prior pages It's in my posts read 'em

bodebliss i asked who said that they would sacrifice the chinese population.

Mao never said that

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

" They still go visit the war shrine to pay respects to their buried war criminals. "
Yasukuni Shrine also houses the ashes of 2.6 million dead soldiers. Our President goes to Arlington cemetary and confederate soldiers are buried there.
Yasukuni is a religious shrine and a man under the UN human rights convention is allowed religious freedom to worship as he pleases.
There was a civil case on Koizuml's visits and the plaintiffs lost . Because Japan recognizes the right of religious freedom also.
I'm sure he'll go again before the year is out.
This is about money.The billions in foreign aide Japan gives to China Goes right into the pockets of the CCP. The CCP only allows sanctioned riots for the press to parlay. All others are crushed mercilessly.

It doesn't matter if it's legal or not. So long as they have their war criminals buried there, that means they honour them. And as long as they honour them, they are demonstrating that they have no sensitivity towards what they have done in WWII.

Look at Germany, the German government nowdays try to supress support for the Nazis. If you do a Nazi salute on the streets and the police catches you, that's a $200-something fine right there. The Japanese on the other hand demonstrates no regret for what they did in WWII at all. They visit the war criminals and teach propaganda in their history books that make themselves look innocent during WWII.

Originally posted by chinawhitebodebliss i asked who said that they would sacrifice the chinese population.

I think it was some general, but he specifically said that it is only his opinion and that it does not reflect the opinion of the country. He also has no authority to touch the nuke button. My guess is that he had a bad day and just wants to rant about something.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mao's peasant background did not imbue him with idealism about improving the lot of Chinese peasants.
Mao worshiped Stalin who hated peasants.

www.abc.net.au...

www.queensu.ca...

They state they are willing to lose all chinese to Xian! :

www.taipeitimes.com...

CCP's history of murder:

clearwisdom.net...

"Also you japanese can start by moving those 14 class A crimmals out of the shrime."

Japan is a free democratic government. If the Japanese see this must be done it will be done.
If this were an issue in China, the CCP would just murder the protesters.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
List of Japanese apologies. I think you should read these .

en.wikipedia.org...

The Japan government of the pre-war and war were dissolved. In international law that means that the Japan government since the war years is not liable for that other government. For this Japanese government to issue a official government apology would mean that they are taking responsibility for that other government and they shouldn't and they don't have to.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"Also you japanese can start by moving those 14 class A crimmals out of the shrime."

Japan is a free democratic government. If the Japanese see this must be done it will be done.

Germany is also a free democratic government. Why don't they build a shrine for Hilter and worship him every day?

The CCP would allow the protests to take place and make it as public as possible in order to demonstrate that the people are with them on this. Which was what actually happened, if you've read the news.

The Japan government of the pre-war and war were dissolved. In international law that means that the Japan government since the war years is not liable for that other government. For this Japanese government to issue a official government apology would mean that they are taking responsibility for that other government and they shouldn't and they don't have to.

Nobody said they HAVE to. It's just that if they don't, they demonstrate that they are irresponsible and other Asian countries are not going to respect them and give them any benefits. For example, China might veto Japan's requrest to be on the UN. Say I accidentally knocked you over while running, and the law doesn't require me to say sorry, so I'm not going to. You like that?

The "apologies" they give means nothing as long as they keep paying their respects for their war criminals and teaching fake stuff in their history books. Back to the Hitler example, imagine Germany giving out apologies to European countries while their officials go visit their Hitler shrine.

They state they are willing to lose all chinese to Xian!

East of Xian you mean. And no, they're not going to do that. What kind of an idiot would sacrifice half of a country in order to gain control of an island not 1/10 of the country's size? Either he's out of his mind or he wants to instill fear in those who are easily duped. For those in the US that actually believe he's serious, they would think "damn, even if we could retaliate, we still have a lot to lose if they nuke us, better just forget about Taiwan it ain't worth that much."

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Germany is also a free democratic government. Why don't they build a shrine for Hilter and worship him every day?

The shrine was founded in 1869 as Tokyo Shokonsha, and was renamed Yasukuni Shrine in 1879. It was build in order to commemorate and worship those who have died in war for their country and sacrificed their lives to help build the fundament for a peaceful Japan (the meaning of Yasukuni is "peaceful country").

The war criminals who ashes are interned there have only been there since 1978 and were the sole responsibility of the curator of the shrine at the time. The gov't of Japan had nothing to do with it.

The CCP would allow the protests to take place and make it as public as possible in order to demonstrate that the people are with them on this. Which was what actually happened, if you've read the news.

I meant if the roles were reversed. I think you know that. You just twisted my words.

Nobody said they HAVE to. It's just that if they don't, they demonstrate that they are irresponsible and other Asian countries are not going to respect them and give them any benefits. For example, China might veto Japan's requrest to be on the UN. Say I accidentally knocked you over while running, and the law doesn't require me to say sorry, so I'm not going to. You like that?

If the current gov't of Japan makes a formal apology. They make the gov't of Japan today, which is not responsible for the atrcoities of the past, resposible and liable. The german gov't of today has never claimed responsibility for WWII. Why should Japan be different. I thought you were brighter than that. I think the Japanese people have suffered enough for the missteps of prior gov'ts. Don't you?

The "apologies" they give means nothing as long as they keep paying their respects for their war criminals and teaching fake stuff in their history books.

Every country's history books lie. It's only when you do personal research as a post graduate or for your doctoral dissertation that you learn the truth.

They state they are willing to lose all chinese to Xian!

East of Xian you mean. And no, they're not going to do that. What kind of an idiot would sacrifice half of a country in order to gain control of an island not 1/10 of the country's size? Either he's out of his mind or he wants to instill fear in those who are easily duped. For those in the US that actually believe he's serious, they would think "damn, even if we could retaliate, we still have a lot to lose if they nuke us, better just forget about Taiwan it ain't worth that much."

He said in full view of his superiors who were slow and reluctate to act about his statements. CCP is not a free org. it carefully monitors every word spoke by those up and down the party.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Mao's peasant background did not imbue him with idealism about improving the lot of Chinese peasants.
Mao worshiped Stalin who hated peasants.

Umm.?

you missing a lot of the picture. Mao developed the theory of revolution on the basis of the peasants.

Mao and stalin had very different policies

www.abc.net.au...
www.queensu.ca...

fabulous now comes the propaganda

www.taipeitimes.com...

Taipei times again?

clearwisdom.net...

A falun gung Cult website.

Anymore?

And the constant chinese and korean protest dont give them a hint

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

List of Japanese apologies. I think you should read these .

en.wikipedia.org...

That is the page where im getting my information from

Read all of it nothing offical but indiviual

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Mao never worshipped Stalin...don't even try and pull that crap off.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"That is the page where im getting my information from

Read all of it nothing offical but indiviual "

If the current gov't of Japan makes a formal apology. They make the gov't of Japan today, which is not responsible for the atrocities of the WWII, responsible and liable for WWII. The german gov't of today has never claimed responsibility for WWII. Why should Japan be different. I thought you were brighter than that. I think the Japanese people have suffered enough for the missteps of prior gov'ts. Don't you?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"Mao never worshipped Stalin...don't even try and pull that crap off. "

And Stalin then realised that to get this tiny Chinese Communist Party to power he needed somebody like Mao to take the tiny Chinese Communist Party to power. So Stalin backed Mao from very early on.

I mean, talking about dividing China, Mao even envisaged the dividing line, which was the Yangtze River, and he hoped he would rule the China north of the river under Soviet protection. Of course, as the first step… I mean he wanted, after that no doubt he would want to conquer the whole of China, and later to conquer the world.

Although Mao was no good at economics, he knew this number of people would die, and he had incorporated their death into his policy because he was exporting the food they were dependent on for survival, to Russia.

www.abc.net.au...

What is it about Mao Mao Now Now you like so much?

Let's see: The fact that he could kill whoever he wanted to?

The fact that he hid his distaste for average peasants and could kill whoever he wanted to?

The fact that he could take money and land and kill whoever he wanted to?

Which of these three is it?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Mao never worshipped Stalin...don't even try and pull that crap off.

Ah the revisonist historian. Worshipped may be two stron, however, Stalin was no doubt a mentor (or dementor as it may be) of sorts.

Lets see:

They, however, were revolutionary comrades; not only did thay share a common ideology and fight against common enemies, they also needed each other to survive and grow. Therefore, they minimized possible personality conflict, and maximized their strategic and tactical cooperation.
mcel.pacificu.edu...

However, while they shared many similarities, both killed millions, ruled thier countries as though they were gods, committed atrocities on huge scales, I don't think Stalin was a pedofile....

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodeblissIf the current gov't of Japan makes a formal apology. They make the gov't of Japan today, which is not responsible for the atrocities of the WWII, responsible and liable for WWII. The german gov't of today has never claimed responsibility for WWII. Why should Japan be different.

Nobody's asking them to take responsibility for it, they're not the ones who started WWII. However, they still should demonstrate to the world that they acknowledge that what their former government did was wrong instead of trying to cover it up and make it look pretty. This is what Germany did well and what Japan failed to do.

Germany: has offered official apologies for the role of Germany in the Holocaust
Japan: all of Japan's "apologies" were half-hearted. They refrained from using the word "apologise," instead using "regret," which is less sincere. They show much reluctance to make a formal apology, only half-heartedly mentioning it when diplomatic relations with other countries take a dive.
Have a look at your beloved Taipei Times. Even they think so.
www.taipeitimes.com...

Germany: tracked down war criminals and brought them to justice
Japan: buried the war criminals in their holy shrine. I also recall reading somewhere that they even traded their research on biological weapons to the US for pardon of their war criminals, but can't find the source so far.

[EDIT] found it. www.deepblacklies.co.uk...
"By 1948, immunity was offered to all members of Ishii’s Unit in exchange for data and co-operation. Prosecutors at the Tokyo War Crimes trials were warned off. Allied POW’s were sworn to secrecy, and cynically forgotten. The biggest cover-up of the war had commenced."
en.wikipedia.org...
"In 1946 the U.S. cover-up of a secret deal with Ishii and Unit 731 leaders -- germ warfare data based on human experimentation would be offered in exchange for immunity from war-crimes prosecution -- began in earnest. The deal was concluded two years later."

Germany: education system taught students to denounce the Third Reich and the Holocaust. Outlawed practices and symbols that show support for the Nazis, such as the swatsika and the Nazi salute. Made denial of the Holocaust a criminal offence.
Japan: Japanese textbooks try to sugarcoat Japan's astrocities during WWII to make it look less guilty. Examples: said Japan "entered" China instead of "invaded." Referred to the Nanjing Massacre as "the Nanjing incident." Referred to rape victims as "comfort women."

I meant if the roles were reversed. I think you know that. You just twisted my words.

What do you mean if the roles were reversed
you mean you want CCP members to do the protesting while the people tell them to stop?

[edit on 2-10-2005 by Taishyou]

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join