It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
There is no chinese government. It is a small band (by chinese standards) of thugs and thieves outside the reach of the laws of humanity and their own country. They are a dangerous evil.

Umm.

i can anme hundreds of high ranking government officals that have been killed. Un-touchables......No way

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

China threatened South Korea with the reinstating of a China led puppet government from hundreds of years ago.

When was this?

China is a loser regime.

Same could be said about americans

They keep trying to sneak around the pacific, but we have a new radar satelite that makes cloud cover and water invisible.

America keeps sneaking around central asia and the middle east. But our muslim allies tell us what your planing

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

China looks to democracy to cure its ills

China looks to democracy to cure its ills
By Fong Tak-ho

HONG KONG - Over the past 16 years, the Chinese leadership has tried its best to dodge democratic reform while looking for alternative measures to stamp out rampant corruption and increase government efficiency. However, it seems to have recently come to the conclusion that there is just no way other than democratic reform.

Chinese President Hu Jintao has indicated that China will institute a program of democratic reforms, and Premier Wen Jiabao has given more detail, pledging to introduce direct elections at the township level "within a couple of years".

Hu and Wen chose to make their announcements during
China Business Big Picture

international events shorthly before Hu's trip last week to the United Nations summit meeting in New York. This could be a sign that both are eager to project a reformist image to the international community as part of efforts to defuse the theory of a "China threat" from what is still officially a communist government.
www.atimes.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

I do something everyday

Not only here on ATS, but I am involved elsewhere as well.

This would be private though.

What, kill random Chinese people?

And is your beef with China due to it's rise as a potential world power or simply because you think China should have an American-style government?

There is no chinese government. It is a small band (by chinese standards) of thugs and thieves outside the reach of the laws of humanity and their own country. They are a dangerous evil.

No, China does have a Government. Sorry to inform you.

Now would you be a terrorist? Trying to over-throw the Chinese Government?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
"No, China does have a Government. "

Where? Alls I see is filthy vermon and filthy vermon wanna-bees.
The chinese don't want their leaders, and they will fail and fall.

"Now would you be a terrorist? Trying to over-throw the Chinese Government? "

What's it to you?

Would you be filling in for communist-white?

[edit on 9/25/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I dont like communist.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've read this thread with great interest and at long last, I have decided to add my comments.

China is amassive country and has, by far, the biggest population when measured against all the world's populations.

China has the fastest growing economy - anywhere in the world.

China is constantly updating it's military machine, is producing more and more sospisticated technology (by Chinese standards) and would be able to sustain a long drawn out military conflict, on many wide and varied fronts.

Whilst China may or may not be up to America's technological standard, what they lack in technology, they can easily replace that with sheer weight of numbers.

A Chinese Type 56 AK lookalike in the hands of millions of peasant farmers can kill just as easily as, and can be as accurate as an M16 in the hands of a couple of thousand skilled soldiers.

Politically, China has a 'government' of sorts. It is a Communist system, ruled by the Politboro along Stalinist lines, answering to no-one person, except the Chairman.

Taiwan is regarded as little more than a small wayward child. As such, they would like Taiwan to return to the family of it's own accord, but once there, they would surely be chastised as would any naught child.

China has no need to invade Taiwan. If they wanted to, there would be precious little that the U.S or the rest of the world could do about it.

China has threatened military action against it's wayward province many, many times before and will probably do so again and again.

Periodically, they test fire their Silkworm missiles across the Straights of Formosa or test Taiwan's air defences with their aircraft rushing up to but breaking away just short of the border. (Much as we did to Russia, at the height of the Cold War)

In this way, China can guage the rest of the world's reactions and act accordingly. China has no need to invade Taiwan. After all, Taiwan is a valued trading partner.

No, all She has to do is simply bide her time and waits until America finds a new toy to play with and forgets all about Taiwan - in much the same way as the U.S gave Kuwait to Saddam after the Iran-Iraq war during the 80's, the same way the U.S forgot the Marsh Kurds in Iraq in 1991 after they rose up against Saddam, the Muj fighters in Afghanistan after the Soviet pull out when they were fighting the Taliban (armed wing of Al Qaeda) and all the other little places around the world who served Uncle Sam's uses and where then discarded.

It is a bitter pill for the Americans to swallow, but China will get Taiwan back. It is only a matter of time.

But to invade Taiwan - why would they?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang

Originally posted by Taishyou
So as for the people living on the island, it is both a lie to call them Taiwanese or Chinese.

Hehe...so what do you propose calling them?

Islanders? Formosan? GGMan? Xpeople?

To tell the truth, I don't care. As long as it is popularly recognize so people know what you are talking about.

That is why Taiwanese is ok I think because it makes some sense. People on Taiwan == Taiwanese. Simpler to remember that way too.

Of course you can use "Taiwanese" to refer to people in the region called Taiwan, you just can't use it to describe the nationality of the people there, because the nation there is not completely established (missing official recognition) and is still in dispute. It's like Kashmiri, which refers to people in Kashmir but not the nationality of the people in there because Kashmir is a land in dispute and not a country.

I do like the name GGMan though...

Ah, but they're filth vermon and filthy vermon wanna-bees recognised by the international community as the sole legiminate government of China.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A lot of British People do not want the Queen as are Head of State. A lot of British people do not want Tony Blair as the PM.

What survey do you have access to that has measured all 1.2billion chinese and shows over-half of not wanting their Government?

"Now would you be a terrorist? Trying to over-throw the Chinese Government? "

What's it to you?

Just wondering if the Government of your Nation will lock you up for being a terrorist...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am all for a decent debate, but this thread has definately gone from bad to worse.

China, as I stated earlier, has no reason - hidden or otherwise, to invade this wayward island province. It will, as I said, simply bide it's time and see what happens.

As to those of you who argue about the queen bitch and dictator blair - what the
has that got to do with Formosa/Taiwan?

Mods, I think it's time to put this baby to bed. Folks are rambling and beginning to stir things up - a wee bit too much!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
As to those of you who argue about the queen bitch and dictator blair - what the
has that got to do with Formosa/Taiwan?

That is why it comes into it.

His reason for being Anti-Chinese and to deny that their Government exists is because some people in the Nation dislike their leader, I pointed out this happens in every Nation.

It's a simple 2+2 equation, that you should easily be able to get your head around.

He makes a statement.
I take such a statement and display it happening all around the World and thus not unique of China.
This in turn displays his own views on the issue. [Anti-Communism/Chinese. It has to be one of the two.]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"China has the fastest growing economy - anywhere in the world. "

The faster they go up...the faster they fall down. This is the rule of bubble economies. What you don't know...

"China is constantly updating it's military machine, is producing more and more sospisticated technology (by Chinese standards) and would be able to sustain a long drawn out military conflict, on many wide and varied fronts."

It knows the end is near. The enemy is within, so it directs the energy outward. it works for now. nationalism. war machine. The fire will be started, but will blaze out of control and destroy the fire starters.

What you don't know...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

"China is constantly updating it's military machine, is producing more and more sospisticated technology (by Chinese standards) and would be able to sustain a long drawn out military conflict, on many wide and varied fronts."

It knows the end is near. The enemy is within, so it directs the energy outward. it works for now. nationalism. war machine. The fire will be started, but will blaze out of control and destroy the fire starters.

So the same can be said about America?

Nationalism we see.
War Machine we see...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Never been proven chinawhite clone.

With America it is proven.

To compare America's purposes w/ those of the CCP is just plain ignorance.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodeblissTo compare America's purposes w/ those of the CCP

China: to take over Taiwan, make Japan apologise for WWII, then take over the rest of the world's economy and become richest country in the world

USA: to spread its influence everywhere, make other countries loyal to itself through regime change and coup d'eat, attack those that try to resist, then take their oil and stay as the richest country in the world while preventing China from taking its spot

I don't know which is worse

Wait! Let me anticipate what you will say next
"Oh but America fights for democracy!"

That's what the US government WANTS you to think! Democracy is not the reason, it is the excuse. The reason is to make other countries loyal to the US, or to make them function in a way that will maximise benefits to the US. Some examples:

The CIA helped Saddam Hussein execute a coup d'eat in Iraq and become president not because Saddam is a democratic guy, but because he's more likely to be loyal to the US

The US helped the KMT against the CCP not because the KMT was democratic (in fact it was authoritarian and very brutal back then), but at least the KMT is more loyal to the US and is capitalist so it will benefit Americans more

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"USA: to spread its influence everywhere, make other countries loyal to itself through regime change and coup d'eat, attack those that try to resist, then take their oil and stay as the richest country in the world while preventing China from taking its spot "

I agree US would spread it's influence to the ends of the universe if it could(think federation of planets). The aim needs work. The oil is petty stuff. At optimum output the Iraqi oilfields would produce $36 billion /yr of oil. We only get 3% of our oil from there. We are spending $100 billion / yr on this military excursion. Where's the payback in that?

I only ask people to use their brains. We are fighting this war as much so China can have oil as Europe to have oil.

The only reasonable excuse for this war was so the Middle east would not develope a nuke deterrent.

Energy is only a temp prob. The US, europe, japan and china could and would develop an alternative in the time it is needed. Right now oil is cheaper, but it's not the reason for the war.

I only ask people to use their brains.

The US could have saved allot of money and heartache by letting Iraq develop the nukes and then nuke the country to a cinder.

It did not do that. Maybe cause it felt the Iraqis were possibly innocent. Sometimes I wonder, but it's not my call.

The US will get Iran to give up nukes it has been their policy for so long.

You don't know how many programs for nuke weapons have been derailed .

Brazil, Taiwan, Japan, South Africa, Etc.

India, and Pakistan will be next.

That is the real reason. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Really now, everybody please play nice in the sandbox, or timeouts will be handed out like Halloween candy.

mmmmmmKay?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
China, as I stated earlier, has no reason - hidden or otherwise, to invade this wayward island province. It will, as I said, simply bide it's time and see what happens.

thats what i have been saying to these "taiwanese" supporters.

China wants to keep the status quo. it is beneficial to both parties.

China gets it FDI and taiwan gets its self government.

Invading taiwan would be a polictical nightmare for china and economic. Loss of FDI, export markets and Smaller asian nations seeing china as a agressive country.

This would wreak years of portraying china as having a peacful rise

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Fritz,

It doesn't matter if China is really going to attack or not, nations around the region, especially Taiwan, has to be prepared for such a thing. Taiwan has to prepare itself. The US and Japan has to decide on their reactions if such thing happens. Other countries have to do evacuations of their citizens etc from the war zone if necessary.

It will be too late when China attacks and Taiwanese just say, "oh, how could they? I didn't see that coming." or "what happened?" and then get blow up into pieces.

You can not really assume what China is going to do and base your policy on that assumption, especially when China consider force unification still an option, and when it spend so much on military budgets. The Minister of National Defense in Taiwan also discloses informations of Chinese military exercise in Guang Dong province where they setup precisely modeled military airfields and facilities of Taiwan recently.

National defense is a matter of life and death of many people, so have to be prepared always.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by twchang]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

India, and Pakistan will be next.

Next for what?

Regime change?

The India-Pakistan conflict is over, neither of the two can attack the other because they both have nuclear weapons.

Iran has as much right to nuclear power as America does...

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join