It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Twchang,

I have been following that story for years it seems. The pan blue gov't originally said it was needed, but now that Pan green have the executive branch they are agaist arms purchases. Pan blues are colluding with the enemies of the Taiwanese. They tried to wipe out Taiwanese language, and culture. They try to steal everything that is not tied down. They think they are superior because they come from China(I did not say Mainland) and speak Mandarin.

They fight the Pan green with lies and if the Pan green ever takes over the legislature they will try to run back to China with their stolen treasure.

Pan Blue = EVIL

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
RANT ON
The hyprocisy of the Pan Blue alliance is absolutely alarming. It is absolutely clear to me that they don't love Taiwan, and they will do everything they can to ensure that Taiwan is helpless in the face of China. They even want to deny democratic rights and don't want to follow their own constitution.

Last year, after President Chen won the election, they tried to steal it (a la Al Gore) through trickery. They tried to break through police lines to get into courthouses in Taichung and Kaohsiung where ballot boxes were being stored. One PFP legislator even got on a campaign truck and tried to SMASH THROUGH the police line in Kaohsiung. The following day, I passed by the Taichung court house where several windows were smashed by Pan-Blue supporters. Some even threatened to kill President Chen. They disrupted life on Ketegalan Blvd in Taipei for weeks, in the vicinity of hospitals and schools where students were taking vitally important exams! The Pan Blue don't care for the people, they care only for their petty ideological beliefs.

Now, Premier Frank Hsieh was required to submit an administrative report to the Legislative Yuan this week. The KMT and PFP shouted him down, took over the legislature, and wouldn't let him give his address. In the afternoon, the DPP tried to get the Legislative Yuan into sesson, but those Chinese KMT lackeys pushed the DPP lawmakers trying to do their JOBS! Again, the KMT doesn't love democracy, they had grown so accustomed to ruling by thuggery, they can't accept the will of the people.

How, they claim that the Taiwanese people voted the arms purchase down in a referendum. This is patently false. The KMT wrote the referendum law. If fewer than 50% of eligible voters didn't vote in the referendum, it would be considered NULL and VOID. The KMT orchestrated a boycott of the referendum, afraid that if everyone voted, it would be a yes vote (and it certainly would have been.) 45% of eligible voters voted, and the VAST majority voted yes. However, the referendum is conisdered NULL and VOID. However, the KMT, with their perverse interpretation, say that the people voted against it. What kind of perversion is that?

NOW, they say that if they hold a vote of no confidence against Premier Hsieh, and Chen dissolved the Legislature, the KMT should organize the government if they win the subsequent legislative elections. However, they once again want to ignore the constitution that THEY WROTE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Not surprising because they ignored that document for FOUR DECADES of martial law, white terror, disappearances, etc.

President Chen wants to change the constitution LEGALLY. The KMT wants to ignore the constitution. It is clear to see which side supports the rule of law, and which side wants to return to the thuggery of the past. The Taiwanese want peace and democracy. The Chinese fifth column doesn't give a ^^%*&^ about democracy or the rule of law.

RANT OFF

[edit on 2005/9/17 by ludahai]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"after President Chen lost the election"

Pres. Chen won!

How can you ask bandits like the (KMT & CCP) to play fair?

They have stolen Billions from the citizens of Taiwan and criminals run off to China and are greeted with a parade.

China is a criminal hideout.

[edit on 9/17/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
Taiwan is her country. Taiwanese is her native language, and I said she couldn't understand HAKKA, not Hokkien
(which is really a collection of related languages of the ancient Min nation.)

Did you read the thing source i posted before?

It said taiwanese is hokkien

What, asking you to look up a word is now a personal attack?!?!? Wow, I guess I should support your being ignorant? Or would THAT be a personal attack too?

You went crying to me that ou were going to the moderators.

This is a discussion forum. No mud-slinging. have your cheap shots

I have been to Fujian. Most people there are darker than northerners, but as large numbers of Taiwanese have mixed aboriginal blood, they DO tend to be darker than Fujianese.

Where in fujian?

Large number of aboriginal blood?. in taiwan. can ou tell me how tey got it

Not so many, and those who did were drowned out by the larger numbers of Minnanren who came.[/quoe]

During that time there were many resistance groups that fled to JinMen island from the manchurians. these were mainly northerners.

there was not a large influx of hokkien people. they came only during the 1850s

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ChiCom is merely an abbreviation of Chinese Communist. I never called you ChinkCom or used the phrase Chink except in referencing YOUR OWN NAME file!

its offensive. so stop it

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That isn't what you said initially, but I will accept the correction.
Mandarin has been forced on the population. People still generally speak Taiwanese if not dealing with Hsinjhumin, Hakka or foreigners like myself (my Mandarin is far better than my Taiwanese)

"Taiwanese" and mainlanders have the same history. same script same spoken language.

Here is my quote. i said taiwan and the manaldn spoke and wrote the same.

How did you mangaged to change it to pre-1949

Pre-1895, only officials and the educated class (a small minority) could speam Mandarin. This was true in China as well as Taiwan.

The was the world back then. not even 20% of the population spoke the offical language but had to reply on local languages.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No, I don't disrespect Chinese culture. I lived in China and I loved it there. It is China's government over the past fifty years that has done more disrespect and damage to China's culture than this foreigner could EVER do.

You like binding fleet?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Pres. Chen won!
How can you ask bandits like the (KMT & CCP) to play fair?

Like Chen faked his assassination attempt?

They have stolen Billions from the citizens of Taiwan and criminals run off to China and are greeted with a parade.

Your kidding right?

taiwan has the third largest per capita of crimmnals in greater china

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
"after President Chen lost the election"

Pres. Chen won!

[edit on 9/17/2005 by bodebliss]

That's what I get for posting first thing on Sunday morning when I am barely awake.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

You like binding fleet?

Foot binding was declared illegal in Taiwan before it was in China.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

ChiCom is merely an abbreviation of Chinese Communist. I never called you ChinkCom or used the phrase Chink except in referencing YOUR OWN NAME file!

its offensive. so stop it

I agree ChinkCom would be offensive, so I don't use it. ChiCom is NOT offensive. It is merely descriptive of someone who is a Chinese Communist, no more, no less.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Like Chen faked his assassination attempt?

You buy into that unbelievable story too, huh? No wonder the rest of the world thinks that your ilk hate democracy. Someone shoots PResident Chen before the election, and with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, claim that he staged it himself. ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!

Actually, this is true. Many "Taiwanese" businessmen (mostly Hsinjhumin with no loyalty to Taiwan) have borrowed money from state banks, used the money to build factories in China, and then skip off to China and don't repay the loans.

The KMT took a significant amount of real estate from the Taiwanese people under the police powers they gave themselves. They are now trying to SELL that property for their own profit. The KMT are nothing but a gang of thugs and thieves.

[edit on 2005/9/17 by ludahai]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Whats that got to do with it?

I said chinese culture

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You buy into that unbelievable story too, huh? No wonder the rest of the world thinks that your ilk hate democracy. Someone shoots PResident Chen before the election, and with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, claim that he staged it himself. ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!

Who were the shooters?how could they miss from point blank range?

Why weren't they caught on camera . with 100 or so cameras surrouding no-one saw who it was? and not to mention how much people were 5meters next to him

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Whats that got to do with it?

I said chinese culture

And like any culture, there were good and bad elements to that culture. Foot binding was a bad one. I was simply pointing out that footbinding was banned in Taiwan decades before it was in China.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

[
Who were the shooters?how could they miss from point blank range?

Why weren't they caught on camera . with 100 or so cameras surrouding no-one saw who it was? and not to mention how much people were 5meters next to him

Shows how little you know. The shooter WAS caught on a CCTV camera leaving the scene. It was discovered that the alleged shooter committed suicide about a week after attempting to shoot President Chen.

As for the miss, it was a small, low calibre gun likely made in an illegal small arms shop. Furthermore, the bullet went through a window,which altered the trajectory.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is directed to Ludahai

I have been to Fujian. Most people there are darker than northerners, but as large numbers of Taiwanese have mixed aboriginal blood, they DO tend to be darker than Fujianese.

Where in fujian?

Large number of aboriginal blood?. in taiwan. can ou tell me how tey got it

Fujian is located in south-east china accross the strait from Taiwan.

Some Taiwanese are native aborigines who are related to Australian Aborigines

[edit on 17-9-2005 by ikillspys]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

And like any culture, there were good and bad elements to that culture. Foot binding was a bad one. I was simply pointing out that footbinding was banned in Taiwan decades before it was in China.

And during the culurl revloution they got rid of things like that. it was sill being practised in the 50s

Shows how little you know. The shooter WAS caught on a CCTV camera leaving the scene. It was discovered that the alleged shooter committed suicide about a week after attempting to shoot President Chen.

As for the miss, it was a small, low calibre gun likely made in an illegal small arms shop. Furthermore, the bullet went through a window,which altered the trajectory.

Any links or source on this.

I followed the story for a few days before it died down.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikillspys

Fujian is located in south-east china accross the strait from Taiwan.

Spy. i already know that....................I come from there

I was asking Luda where he was in Fujian

Some Taiwanese are native aborigines who are related to Australian Aborigines

I already know that to. i was asking Luda how they managed to get aboroginal blood

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
No problem, I sorry didn't know you were Taiwanren, maybe Luda will read it

中秋節 好

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join