It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If you look back at my old post Zcheng you can see by my grammer and sentencing that I was guessing around the number of people that were killed. I did not say that exactly 35 million people got murdered, but that it was an estimate, and I have shown sources that DO CLAIM that my estimate was close to the average estimate of authors who sent a more great deal of time on this subject then I have, I do not have the luxury of being born in china and being taught Chinese history for 10+ years at school, nor do I have the time or will to go out at this moment to my local bookstore and pick up copies of countless books on China and give you direct quotes of each single book, with the page number, publishing date, year, author, edition, etc.

And back to the example of different reserach used by media applies to the same concept of the research towards books, thats why authors never show the same numbers, people do agree on estimates.

Quote by zcheng
"During that period, all Chinese people were equal and poor. There is no intentional "murdering" of people as you claimed."

So when Stalin was intentionally selling food for materials to built his armies with instead of giving it to people who needed it, that isn't called murder, it has to be some new term then, what manslaughter. Ohh sorry guys I didn't mean to kill you, I thought your famuily would be ok with a loaf of bread for a month.

Also I did not say that the famine began in the early 50's, thats when the killing started, people did also die of stravation during those days also I bet, and famine did actually begin 1958 and end in 1961. But the murder did stop until Mao died and the gang of four were arrested.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Back to the topic,

I don't believe that China will be able to launch a successful invasion of Taiwan should Taiwan declare independence, but might launch an attack to cripple its economy. But, the backlash would be horrible for China, losing trading partners, and receiving sanctions from the EU and North America, South Koera, Japan, etc.

Maybe in 20 years when they have become larger power maybe even a superpower might they put their might on the Taiwan, but not now.

But what might be a problem for China is if South Korea unites with North Korea under a democratic system a time before the Chinese invaded Taiwan. The Koreans also might not sit by and watch one of their trading partners being invaded.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

I do not know the origin of Red Cross, but I do know it the work of all nations.

Do you know other nations "help START the UN"?

All I know about Brits, is that Britain used to have colonies around the world, and now they are no more than dogs licking the asses of US.

China helped North Korean people. Do you know South Korean was exiled in China during Japan occupation of South Korea?

I used to think that you are better than FredT and WestPoint23. Obviously you are on par with them.

yes other nations helped start it no one nation could start it, peace can only be made through cooperation.
so we just lick the US's arse do we? we dont train diffrent countries SF's? dont send medical supplies and food to other countries? dont help defend people?
dont you mean from instead of in? also you helped them rape,pillage,murder and basically plunder south korea are you happy to admit that?
also i used to believe that west point and fred t were ignorant and i believe everyone is from time to time but basically i see we have a common enemy.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If there should be a vote, it should be conducted by All Chinese people in Mainland China and people in Taiwan. The land does not belong to those live there, but all people of the nation. I do not have full knowledge of conflict in Northern Ireland. I do wandering why Brits not leave there and return the land back to Irelands.

You are more sensible obviously than devilwasp. I believe many people in Britain still think that Britain was spreading civilization via colonization, and all natives should be thankful to Brits.

I do not underestimate and would very much like to see the friendship of British people and Chinese people. But any people or nation supporting Taiwan Indepedence are sworn enemies of China. Anyone interfere in such matter and attacks PLA will be dealt with a devastating blow.

Do you know whether Brits are winning in Iraq or in Basrah? Is it better today than in the 1920s?

firstly that would be unfair, taiwan has like 100th of the population.also the thing about NI is that WE have no part of it. its not all NI against britain its nothern irish versus northern irish, protestant vs cathelic.
hmm it wasnt that when i defened china and the J10 in other threads but thanks now that is a perfect exsample of politics people.
a devestating blow is it? would this be the massive PLAA long range force?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You are a hypocrite since I do not see you advocate US returning all land back to native Indian people.

Heres a well known fact ,the native indians ARE americans. just passing along a freindly peice of information.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Zcheng writes:
To appreciate the difficulty at that time, you can try to find what our Prime Minister was eating then.

Wait I have the ability to remote view.....ok...ok...alright. He appears to be eating....Oh My GOd!!! He's.. he's eating a chinese peasant who was impaled on a stake and roasted over an open fire...I can't wa...wa...watch anymore!! Ok, I'm back. Now we know, he was eating a chinese peasant impaled on a stake and roasted over a fire.

What about the 800 million chinese peasants who have no freedom of movement? What about the educated who have no freedom of exit from your CCP Heavenly dictatorship?

Bode

[edit on 9/6/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I do appreciate your opinion on this with sensible argument. All Chinese people have the right to say on Taiwan issue, because it belongs to all Chinese people. Current situation in Taiwan is the result of unfinished Civil War in China.

By the way, are the majority of British people support British involvement in Iraq?

you keep saying it belongs to them. who says it belongs to you? if so america should rightfully belong to britain along with india ,egypt and 1/4 of the globe but do you see us doing that? NO

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Those figures if true give good reasons why taiwan wants to remain outside china. If this is what hapens to china's citizens under communism then long live democracy. Good point

dude that aint comunism its a twisted goverment based on comunism.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Wait I have the ability to remote view.....ok...ok...alright. He appears to be eating....Oh My GOd!!! He's.. he's eating a chinese peasant who was impaled on a stake and roasted over an open fire...I can't wa...wa...watch anymore!! Ok, I'm back. Now we know, he was eating a chinese peasant impaled on a stake and roasted over a fire.

uhh you have a remote view of the priminister?...thats just ......wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Devilwasp,

As recently as the 1960's large groups of chinese government officials killed and ate defenseless chinese peasants.

Cannibalism was also an act performed by the Red Guards. The Red Guards ate some of the citizens that the Red Guards killed. During the later 1960s, over a hundred people were killed and eaten. (Mabry 38) The cannibalism took place in a rural area in the southern part of China called Guangxi. An example of the cannibalism that took place was that school leaders were murdered by pupils, and then prepared and eaten. Another example of cannibalism that took place during the cultural revolution was in lunchrooms that were controlled by the government, dead bodies were exhibited from meat hooks and then served for lunch. (Mabry 38)
From Source

Bode

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Could it be that we are going down the i'm right your wrong debate sure china has bad points but so do we. We seem to have lost the topic. So

The massed forces of the west with superior technology wipe out the attacking chinese forces thousands die. A desperate response is called for no demanded by the PLA leaders. A Nuclear strike on US naval forces guarding Taiwan. War escalates WW3 begins. In 2000+ years new superpower arises from the dust. The lemmings but one year later is destroyed by mass jumping off cliffs.

Sorry for the levity but losing the plot answer to Topic is NO china cannot without kicking off something bigger which they cannot win and is it worth losing what they have got.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
zcheng and victorwoo are paid CCP chatroom people!

They think they can just keep pushing buttons till everyone shuts-up.

Well they can't report me to the CCP authorities and have me thrown in jail,HA HA!

Bode

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

zcheng and victorwoo are paid CCP chatroom people!

They think they can just keep pushing buttons till everyone shuts-up.

Well they can't report me to the CCP authorities and have me thrown in jail,HA HA!

Bode

You are just an under-developed idiot, what we call "Saa Bee" in China.

It is in the interest of all Chinese people. By the way, I am paid by US University if you like to know. I do not know victorwoo, all I know is that he is also a Chinese.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
don't call names,�Ժ�Ϊ��(folksy is value
)

can't show chinese this form

[edit on 6-9-2004 by chinatea]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
us battle with chinese for taiwan,benefit russian!russian is chiefly&forever emeny to CHINa,hate russian rape a lot of(more than 300 million sq.km)chinese torritory!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
zcheng,

He is the guy working at the next desk in the Hall of Proper Talk of the People.
In Beijing with you.You know.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinatea
don't call names,�Ժ�Ϊ��(folksy is value
)
can't show chinese this form

[edit on 6-9-2004 by chinatea]

I am sorry. But to some, there is no way to reason, you just have to say it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Chinatea,
The commie leaders gave away that land.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Chinatea,
The commie leaders gave away that land.

are you sure?are you chinese?

russian is the world torritoy ROBBER!

WE WILL TURN BACK FUTURE!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Chinatea,
I am absolutely sure the CCP gave that land to the USSR to ensure peace.
It is well documented.It happens all the time. They were not forced to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join