It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here are some of the things China bought from Clinton and Russia:

In January 1993, no serious observer saw communist China as a serious military threat to the U.S. or to our allies in Asia. Less than eight years later, we're facing a very different situation. Here is just a short list of the new military capabilities the PLA has brought on line since Bill Clinton came to the White House:

a new generation of road-mobile, solid-fuel strategic missiles, capable of reaching America's heartland;

an encrypted military communications system virtually impervious to electronic eavesdropping, coupled to a national command and control system;

a new generation of ballistic missile submarines;

AWACS command and control aircraft;

Sovremenny-class destroyers, equipped with SS-N-22 nuclear-capable anti-shipping missiles;

SA-10 air-defense missiles and S-300 anti-tactical ballistic missile systems, deployed along the coast facing Taiwan;

several hundred improved M-11 (CSS-7 Mod2) attack missiles facing Taiwan, equipped with U.S.-built GPS guidance systems;

hundreds of Su-27 and Su-30 strike aircraft and laser-guided missiles from Russia;

anti-satellite weapons capable of blinding America's early warning and intelligence-gathering capabilities;

electro-magnetic pulse warheads capable of crippling an adversary's command, control, communications and computer systems;

information-warfare teams ready to disrupt the American economy, as well as our military electronics networks.

They killed 50 million people to get into power. They killed their own kids rather than reform.

They know if they don't fight their party and power will dissolve.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychomike
They killed 50 million people to get into power.

50million? to get into power?

how much percent of the blame lies with chinas government according to you?

They killed their own kids rather than reform.

If the chinese president let those students have their way china wiould have the 1911-1949 peroid all over again.

Do you even know what the students were protesting?. not the overthrow of the chinese government , not voting rights.

but government corruption and social equality.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by Psychomike
They killed 50 million people to get into power.

50million? to get into power?

how much percent of the blame lies with chinas government according to you?

How many did the American Government kill during the War of Independence?
Or the British during the Parliamentarian Revolt?
Of the French during their own revolution?

Would you like to go back to the Royal Family ruling over us all?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Odium,

It wasn't the fact that they killed them. They also ritually ate them.

Cannibalism was also an act performed by the Red Guards. The Red Guards ate some of the citizens that the Red Guards killed. During the later 1960s, over a hundred people were killed and eaten. (Mabry 38) The cannibalism took place in a rural area in the southern part of China called Guangxi. An example of the cannibalism that took place was that school leaders were murdered by pupils, and then prepared and eaten. Another example of cannibalism that took place during the cultural revolution was in lunchrooms that were controlled by the government, dead bodies were exhibited from meat hooks and then served for lunch.

Red Guard Chinese Peasant Recipes

MMMM...MM...

Now that's "Good Eating"!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Bodebliss maybe you should read it all again.

Cannibalism was also an act performed by the Red Guards. The Red Guards ate some of the citizens that the Red Guards killed. During the later 1960s, over a hundred people were killed and eaten. (Mabry 38) The cannibalism took place in a rural area in the southern part of China called Guangxi. An example of the cannibalism that took place was that school leaders were murdered by pupils, and then prepared and eaten. Another example of cannibalism that took place during the cultural revolution was in lunchrooms that were controlled by the government, dead bodies were exhibited from meat hooks and then served for lunch. (Mabry 38)

You are trying to equate small minor incidents, done during a time of revolution to the whole population. There have been incidents since then in America, Germany, etc, where such things have happend and the same can easily be put forward against the American, Germany or other Government's.

The idea that the Government was serving up massive amounts of food from dead human beings doesn't add up when your own source says only 100 people were killed.

In fact, the two sources he uses in the article clearly go against one another either:
It was large scale and controlled by the Government or;
a few minor incidents which were quickly stopped.

Your point, is the worst I have ever seen you come out with and in fact I expected better from you.

[I also own a few of the books he sources and they are highly suspect and very racially motivated.]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i agree with odium. the sources in the article out-rules each other

I WASN'T EVEN GOING TO ANSWER HIM BUT ODIUM MADE A OOD ARGUEMENT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE on cannibalism situation.

This report was made by Zheng Yi, a fugitive of the Tiananmen Square massacre. published in one of his two books.

A article was also published in TIME magazine.

According to Zheng Yi they normally ate their livers.

The TIME story mentions that there is no evidence that Mao himself knew that these acts of Party-orchestrated cannibalism contributed victims to the millions killed during the Cultural Revolution, or that other than Zhou Enlai ordering party officials to put an end to the eating, that any steps were taken to punish the perpetrators or stop the killings, which persisted for much of the decade of the Cultural Revolution.

In fact, in the materials unearthed by Zheng Yi, at the time the Communist inner circle in Beijing is said to have been deeply concerned about what was going on in Guangxi. An old apparatchik told Zheng that he had reported the extent of the murders to Premier Zhou Enlai, who in turn sent word to the provincial army chief to warn the local party boss that "if one more man is eaten, I will kill you."

quotes from this page that is not pro-demoracy nor anti-communist. i choose this article because i believe its neatural
www.lewrockwell.com...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by chinawhite]

[edit on 2-9-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
New Orleans or IRAQ??? what is happening in New Orleans??? soldier can even kill ppl ON SITE??? thousand of ppl lying in the sprots hall hopefulless!!! nobody care about them. terrible... where is democracy and human right?
so before you scold other nation's goverment, what the hell US goverment did! does mr. president REALLY care about human right?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
skylight please think before you post next time, k?
Please clarify for me, just how you are comparing the situation in New Orleans with violations of Human/Civil rights in non democratic countries?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
skylight please think before you post next time, k?
Please clarify for me, just how you are comparing the situation in New Orleans with violations of Human/Civil rights in non democratic countries?

Well in some respects this does bring into question America's ability to defend Taiwan.

Look at how long it took to get New Orlean's under control [they still haven't] to get water, food, etc, in there and that is their own back-yard.

How the hell can anyone claim they could do a large scale invasion on China or protect Taiwan when they can't even get enough helicopters into the area to rescue people...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sky light sounds like a chicom.. but still the situation in New Orleans is bad..
And news channels are openly balming the unrest on the "non-caucasian" community(ies)..

And I thought the floods in Bombay were bad..This looks like its much worse..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How the hell can anyone claim they could do a large scale invasion on China or protect Taiwan when they can't even get enough helicopters into the area to rescue people...

Why do people always assume we have to invade china to defend Taiwan?

Anyway, tell me, why would we need helicopters evacuating people if we defend Taiwan from china?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
China has no intent of invading Taiwan.

China's aim is to keep the fear level in Taiwan as high as possible.

This they hope will make Taiwan acquiesce to China's desired position of subservience to China's needs and desires w/o the CCP having to fire one shot.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Sky light sounds like a chicom"

Daedalus3,

It is known that the CCP tries to keep it's image up world-wide by having agents post on the internet, spying on Falun Gong, spys disguised as reporters, scientists, diplomats. They keep track of ex-pats.

With a communist dictatorship every chinese abroad could be a spy.

Even on this site. Do you think that any normal chinese can get to this site from china

This site would be "banned" to a non-CCP gov't agent chinese.
Even people who parade as Americans are suspect when they shamelessly support a dictatorship.

I'm not paranoid. I'm a realist. The CCP spends $billions on it's spy and propaganda network. Australia recently gave asylum to a chinese diplomat who was labeled subversive by the CCP and he then exposed the spy network in Aussie. The # of spies exposed runs in the thousands.

This post will soon poo-pooed by the CCP subverters as pure bunk, of course.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Are the words freedom, democracy, and Civil Rights used on this site a lot? They are, and therefore this site would be banned by China’s government censors. Although there are way to bypass them.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi Westpoint,

"Although there are way to bypass them."

This is part of the ruse, that there are 1,000's supposedly able to evade the system to download or post outside of China. This aids the CCP. The ones who are trying to do such things end up posting on CCP hyjack sites, or are turned in by kiosk owner, or allowed to download just enough to make a case against them and then it's off to prison, goooooolog, or execution.

The ones that post constantly outside China are CCP plants.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Why do people always assume we have to invade china to defend Taiwan?

Anyway, tell me, why would we need helicopters evacuating people if we defend Taiwan from china?

Because to take land back, you have to force the other people off of it.

You can't fly hundreds of people out of the area that was damaged or get supplies in, which the Taiwanese Army would need.

I doubt you can do it during a large scale war with an enemy who will attack you and won't sit back and take it.

If the American Army can transport thousands of troops and supplies, which people seem to think they can, why can't they transport thousands of people and supplies in their own Nation?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Hi Westpoint,

"Although there are way to bypass them."

This is part of the ruse, that there are 1,000's supposedly able to evade the system to download or post outside of China. This aids the CCP. The ones who are trying to do such things end up posting on a CCP hyjack sites, or are turned in by kiosk owner, or allowed to download just enough to make a case against them and then it's off to prison, goooooolog, or execution.

The ones that post constantly outside China are CCP plants.

Yes and I'm working for MI5.

Oh no wait, I'm Russia by origin, the KGB.

Simon is working for MI6.

Skeptic is working for the CIA.

WestPoint for the FBI.

-yawns-

Or wait...the filters just like the North Korean ones don't work. :-)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Australia recently gave asylum to a chinese diplomat who was labeled subversive by the CCP and he then exposed the spy network in Aussie. The # of spies exposed runs in the thousands.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Australia recently gave asylum to a chinese diplomat who was labeled subversive by the CCP and he then exposed the spy network in Aussie. The # of spies exposed runs in the thousands.

Yes, he told them and got immunity.

Can you imagine what would have happened if he wasn't? Have any arrests been made? Did he name specific people?

Or just say "There are lots of them!"

America has lots of spies as well, most Nation's do.

What does it proove?

Oh it shows we know about them.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It is known that the CCP tries to keep it's image up world-wide by having agents post on the internet, spying on Falun Gong, spys disguised as reporters, scientists, diplomats. They keep track of ex-pats.

which country doesn't spy on another?.

spying on falun Gong is BS. normal chinese like myself are more interested in making money than helping the state.

With a communist dictatorship every chinese abroad could be a spy.

Have you ever read a chinese textbook? it doesn't promote communism as the ultimate polictical system.

it doesn't say hate taiwan hate america or hate japan.

Even on this site. Do you think that any normal chinese can get to this site from china

yes you can. Warlord Cowlan did.

I'm not paranoid. I'm a realist. The CCP spends $billions on it's spy and propaganda network. Australia recently gave asylum to a chinese diplomat who was labeled subversive by the CCP and he then exposed the spy network in Aussie. The # of spies exposed runs in the thousands.

america spends the most on intelligence/spying.

even britian would spend more.

And thousands of spies in australia.? Remember the Cox Report? labeled all chinese as spies.

Deja vu bodebliss?

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join