It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Quote by Zcheng
Why do not you declare your home as Independent?

If I lived in China I would, but then I would have missiles pointed at it and shells shot over it, and probably then be invaded.

Too bad I live inside a country and not on an island of the coast of China, you guys did have a revolution right, fighting the capitalits, you got most of the land, but still want more.

Look what happened with the US after they revoluted against the British, they won, ok, but wanted Canada too, because a lot of the people who lived in Canada came from the US during the revolution. Their excuse was unification too. It didn't succeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zife
500 year old Europeans + genocide + no liberation of slaves = BAD

Modern Chinese + 35 million murdered + liberation of Tibet = GOOD

Where you get that "35 million murdered"? I know the 3 years of "natural disasters", where many people died of hunger. In fact, my maternal grandma was died then when my mom was only 6 years old. I also know many people died in "10 years of cultural revolution". I do not know when the 35 million Chinese people were murdered.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nacnud

Originally posted by zcheng

With Russia now obviously furious in West support of Chechens in recent attacks,

Where on Earth do you get these weird ideas?

Please read the speaking of Putin to Russian people. He sure have more evidence and intelligence than most of us.
www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Quote by Zcheng
Why do not you declare your home as Independent?

If I lived in China I would, but then I would have missiles pointed at it and shells shot over it, and probably then be invaded.

Good luck to * like you.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sorry Zcheng I was wrong about the 35 million, not like you would state that you were wrong.

People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 40 000 000

* Agence France Press (25 Sept. 1999) citing at length from Courtois, Stephane, Le Livre Noir du Communism:
o Rural purges, 1946-49: 2-5M deaths
o Urban purges, 1950-57: 1M
o Great Leap Forward: 20-43M
o Cultural Revolution: 2-7M
o Labor Camps: 20M
o Tibet: 0.6-1.2M
o TOTAL: 44.5 to 72M

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That doesn't say that Putin is angry at the west.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Putin never said that it was western countries, the writer of the article, Simon Saradzhyan, assumed that he was referring to western countries.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sorry Zcheng I was wrong about the 35 million, not like you would state that you were wrong.

People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 40 000 000

As I have stated above that many people died of natural disasters, and hunger. To come up with a credible number, you will need to have a credible material to support that. Otherwise it will be just numbers without meaning.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
users.erols.com...

here you go

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ohh and Zcheng, next time stop trying to just cut and paste a small part of the post, I don't like when people do the whole Micheal Moore thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

users.erols.com...
here you go

Thanks.

In several periods of China, the land of landlords are claimed back by the state and then distributed to all peasants. It is in the interest of the majority of Chinese people.

I will not call Those died in internal turmoil or conflict as "murdured", although we all regret such loss of human lifes. Otherwise, you can also say thousands US people are "murdured" by US government, even though they are died of various crimes, accidents etc.

Today, Tibetans are receiving preferential treatments. For example, most Han nationals can only have one child, while there is no restrictions for minorities in China.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Ohh and Zcheng, next time stop trying to just cut and paste a small part of the post, I don't like when people do the whole Micheal Moore thing.

I got several warming from admins for "quoting too much". In most reply, I only quote those parts in disbutes.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Those figures if true give good reasons why taiwan wants to remain outside china. If this is what hapens to china's citizens under communism then long live democracy. Good point

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I call it a murder when a government causes a artificial famine that was engineered by humans, such when Stalin did back in '33 I believe, or if Hitler did in concentration camps. Just because a person dies of starvation, doesn't mean its murder, someone can put a camp up in middle of nowhere tell the people to farm and then come and harvest the food, and not give enough to the people in the camp. What Moa did in the early 50's - 70's I call murder, it wasn't natural. They had more then enough resources 'liberate' Tibet in 1950 and enough to help out the North Koreans during the Korean war, I doubt it that they were on the brink of starvation or collapse of an economy if they were showing their might.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Those figures if true give good reasons why taiwan wants to remain outside china. If this is what hapens to china's citizens under communism then long live democracy. Good point

If they were true, what do you think the ordinary Chinese will feel toward CCP? The long history of China is also the long history of rebellion.

Before 1949, there was about 450 million people in China, today we have 1300 million people. If it was so horrible, how can the population still increase so much?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All the figures have the name of the auther and book it came from and are found in public libraries and book stores, so I'm pretty sure their close enough to the truth. Anyone can go the nearest public library and pick up a book a read it, the numbers differ because people use different ways of research or different sources.

Its like news agencies that report a larger number of people killed in an attack and another number of dead on different news agency, it varies with different sources. But most are close to the real number

Also wasn't this topic supposed to be on if China can invade Taiwan successfully?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I call it a murder when a government causes a artificial famine that was engineered by humans, such when Stalin did back in '33 I believe, or if Hitler did in concentration camps. Just because a person dies of starvation, doesn't mean its murder, someone can put a camp up in middle of nowhere tell the people to farm and then come and harvest the food, and not give enough to the people in the camp. What Moa did in the early 50's - 70's I call murder, it wasn't natural. They had more then enough resources 'liberate' Tibet in 1950 and enough to help out the North Koreans during the Korean war, I doubt it that they were on the brink of starvation or collapse of an economy if they were showing their might.

The great starvation was in the early 1960's, not in the early 50's. When most people suffered the same scarcity, including the our leaders. To appreciate the difficulty at that time, you can try to find what our Prime Minister was eating then. The tragedy maybe the result of bad policy, but it was not the intentional "murder" of our leaders like "Chairman Mao".

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Its like news agencies that report a larger number of people killed in an attack and another number of dead on different news agency, it varies with different sources. But most are close to the real number

Also wasn't this topic supposed to be on if China can invade Taiwan successfully?

It is YOU claimed that China "murdered 35 million people", and thus the ensuing rebuttals.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How come then is the population of Africa growing at a large rate, just because the population is growing at a large rate doesn't mean everything if fine in the country. One of the reasons people had large families in China and now they do in Africa is because of survival of their children. In Africa many children die of malnutirion, war, etc, most kids are put to work to make money for the family to support themselves. I have seen plenty of pictures of China during the 50's-60's, there were some of them showing children working in the fields with their mothers, and children laying bricks down to built roads. Poor families on average have larger families, because richer people tend to have children at a older age due to their careers while poor families with no real education choose to have children to help them with the old enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I have seen plenty of pictures of China during the 50's-60's, there were some of them showing children working in the fields with their mothers, and children laying bricks down to built roads. Poor families on average have larger families, because richer people tend to have children at a older age due to their careers while poor families with no real education choose to have children to help them with the old enough.

During that period, all Chinese people were equal and poor. There is no intentional "murdering" of people as you claimed.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join