It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Yes it is my error, I apologise and can make no exscuse of the matter.
I have looked over what units can reach it at a moments notice and only the philipenes can do so.

As I said, my mistake.
Quite shockingly I havent found any B-52's in forign posetion, I am still looking up european "bombers" but there isnt really any I can see that match the B-52.

as i said before. no western airforce (except the US) can reach chinese soil with any meaninful planes

If however they where given 24 hours the situation will be diffrent.

how would it be any different.? i never knew that european airforces can leave to fight a war in asia in 24 hours

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Japan-good US ally but also chinas largest trade partner.

Yes, but who is Japan's largest trade partner?

South korea-good US ally but chinas the largest export destination. +good cultrul links

Until VERY recently the ROK military came under the tactical command of the US. All the senior officers were educated under that system. Very easy for them to fall back on it.

Thailand-heres a link
www.iuj.ac.jp...

Has been a US ally since the Vietnam war days. In the '70s and '80s it was practically a direct client state.

Australia will stay out/neatural according to comments by alexander downer.

Given the current status of the US/Aus alliance, do you really think we'll deny them our runways and harbours? Plus we're the only airforce in the world with F1-11s. Still just about the world's best tactical bomb platform after the B2 and with the range to operate all the way to China.

Philippines-Kicked america out of naval base

Yes, Subic Bay. The Yanks were happy to go home, they didn't have to pay for the clean-up after Pinatubo erupted.

And that doesn't take into account the current US bases in Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan (soon to be no more) and Afghanistan, all can be supplied from Europe or the Chagos archipeligo.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

china

Has been a US ally since the Vietnam war days. In the '70s and '80s it was practically a direct client state.

so? anything in the 90s?

Given the current status of the US/Aus alliance, do you really think we'll deny them our runways and harbours? Plus we're the only airforce in the world with F1-11s. Still just about the world's best tactical bomb platform after the B2 and with the range to operate all the way to China.

its comments from out foriegn misiter. bring come sources or something that says otherwise. not something like "look at our past relations" or "we have a alliance"

And that doesn't take into account the current US bases in Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan (soon to be no more) and Afghanistan, all can be supplied from Europe or the Chagos archipeligo.

like you said soon to be no more.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

china

When did China overtake the US as Japan's largest trading partner. Not disputing, just asking.

so? anything in the 90s?

Condi Rice visiting them a couple of months ago? Sorry, that's 21st century.

its comments from out foriegn misiter. bring come sources or something that says otherwise. not something like "look at our past relations" or "we have a alliance"

There's nothing past about our deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq or Johnny's visit to Washington or George's visit to Canberra. Our alliance with the US is the strongest it's been for 20 years when Bob Hawke was PM. The strongest since 1965 when we sent troops to Vietnam. We've put men in harm's way at their request. Like it or not Oz is the third partner in George's War on Terror. Alexander Downer saying we won't get involved does not preclude the US using its defence facilities in Oz, and as I said, do you really think we would prevent them using Australian defence facilities if the PRC attacked the RoC and the US went to Taiwan's aid? If George asked for it Johnny would give it, and probably at a knock-down price, if not free. Remember, Australia has always confronted "communist" aggression (Korea, Malayan emergency and VN) and defended democracy (Indonesian confrontation, Cambodia, ETimor) and will continue to do so. You need our $25 billion worth of natural gas, we can always find another buyer if we have to.

like you said soon to be no more.

Only Uzbekistan will close. The other two will remain operational.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

When did China overtake the US as Japan's largest trading partner. Not disputing, just asking.

Condi Rice visiting them a couple of months ago? Sorry, that's 21st century.

i mean relations now. any leader can visit a country

There's nothing past about our deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq or Johnny's visit to Washington or George's visit to Canberra. Our alliance with the US is the strongest it's been for 20 years when Bob Hawke was PM. The strongest since 1965 when we sent troops to Vietnam. We've put men in harm's way at their request. Like it or not Oz is the third partner in George's War on Terror. Alexander Downer saying we won't get involved does not preclude the US using its defence facilities in Oz, and as I said, do you really think we would prevent them using Australian defence facilities if the PRC attacked the RoC and the US went to Taiwan's aid? If George asked for it Johnny would give it, and probably at a knock-down price, if not free. Remember, Australia has always confronted "communist" aggression (Korea, Malayan emergency and VN) and defended democracy (Indonesian confrontation, Cambodia, ETimor) and will continue to do so. You need our $25 billion worth of natural gas, we can always find another buyer if we have to.

thats your opinion. i do think that the US might use asutralian airbases, but i doubt australian troops or aircraft will get involed in any of the fighting

Johnny doesn't own the country he represents us. we have to pass this vote in parliment first.

Australias deployments to afganistan and iraq are nothing. these countries do not do any sizable amount of trade with australia. they were deployed because of australias fear of terrorism not because america asked us to.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

as i said before. no western airforce (except the US) can reach chinese soil with any meaninful planes

I think you should rephrase as no western airforce who has hostile intentions towards china (except for the US) can reach chinese soil..

Because the French and british..Maybe even the Germans can fly across Khazakistan and be over Xinjiang..
Are those Vulcans still in service??

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That is not true.
The RAF can fly off the RN carriers, and out of afgahnistan.

how would it be any different.? i never knew that european airforces can leave to fight a war in asia in 24 hours

They can, and would.
We have units in iraq and afgahnistan.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is not true.
The RAF can fly off the RN carriers, and out of afgahnistan.

do you relaize how far afganistan is from taiwan. and how much chinese fighters are stationed in their flight path?

and harriers?

They can, and would.
We have units in iraq and afgahnistan.

how much units?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

I think you should rephrase as no western airforce who has hostile intentions towards china (except for the US) can reach chinese soil..

Because the French and british..Maybe even the Germans can fly across Khazakistan and be over Xinjiang..
Are those Vulcans still in service??

any meanful numbers

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

do you relaize how far afganistan is from taiwan. and how much chinese fighters are stationed in their flight path?

Dont need to hit taiwan to annoy the enemy.

and harriers?

RN carriers can fly RAF harriers off it

how much units?

Go look for yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Dont need to hit taiwan to annoy the enemy.

where then?

RN carriers can fly RAF harriers off it

not that much harriers.

Go look for yourself.

i already know. its a small number

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

where then?

Anywhere in northern china, or simply redeploy to phillipenes.

not that much harriers.

Yes that much harriers, EVERY harrier can.

i already know. its a small number

duties in Iraq and Afghanstan:

Tornado GR4 and Harrier GR7A attack aircraft
VC10 tanker aircraft
Puma and Merlin support helicopters
Hercules and BAE 125 transports
Nimrod maritme patrol aircraft
Two RAF Regiment squadrons and Force Protection Wing HQ
The following Tactical Wings: Communications, Supply, Medical and Provost (Security)
Plus other support personnel including: bomb disposal, airfield maintenance, air traffic, air movements, meteorological and transportation

Small aye?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

from where

Yes that much harriers, EVERY harrier can.

how long did it take to deploy those harriers to the falklands. wasn't a british carrier retiring?

duties in Iraq and Afghanstan:

Tornado GR4 and Harrier GR7A attack aircraft
VC10 tanker aircraft
Puma and Merlin support helicopters
Hercules and BAE 125 transports
Nimrod maritme patrol aircraft
Two RAF Regiment squadrons and Force Protection Wing HQ
The following Tactical Wings: Communications, Supply, Medical and Provost (Security)
Plus other support personnel including: bomb disposal, airfield maintenance, air traffic, air movements, meteorological and transportation

Small aye?

do you know how long it took for the allied forces to deploy their airforces to iraq in the first gulf war. that was the iraqi airforce. they had the added bonus of being close to europe and a america ally.

check the ranges of those planes and check which countries they have to go over and how much time they have to refuel. and how much tankers they have to use to get there

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

and the phillipines will let you

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You all seem to assume these Nations would allow the American Air force and every other Air Force to fly over their land. You don't think the leaders will be thinking; "What if America (Et al) fail? What will then happen to us from the Chinese as punishment?"

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

from where

Afgahnistan, korea...

how long did it take to deploy those harriers to the falklands. wasn't a british carrier retiring?

The harriers there could only be launched from the carriers due to the low land mass in the area, BUT taiwan is not like that.
One is retireing, but that is of no consequence.

do you know how long it took for the allied forces to deploy their airforces to iraq in the first gulf war. that was the iraqi airforce. they had the added bonus of being close to europe and a america ally.

"Close" ? Compared to what china?
The added advantage of our aircraft being able to deploy since they are already nearby.

check the ranges of those planes and check which countries they have to go over and how much time they have to refuel. and how much tankers they have to use to get there

Get to where?

Originally posted by Odium
You all seem to assume these Nations would allow the American Air force and every other Air Force to fly over their land. You don't think the leaders will be thinking; "What if America (Et al) fail? What will then happen to us from the Chinese as punishment?"

Thing is though, could china HOLD taiwan from the US and its allies?
I doubt it, US marines are not far away and a strike force could destroy any oposition.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think this conflict can only take place around the Taiwan area, because it is disputed territory, not 100% soverign territory of China. If a country sends military to mainland China (soverign country) beyond territory or no-fly zone, then they have to declare open war first, that could start WWIII or something just as big.

If some other countries want to help out, they'll have to fly all the way around China and go to Taiwan, and they can only defend and not attack. It's ok for PRC to attack Taiwan without war declaration though because it's disputed territory and not declared to be soverign.

Yeah and that too...

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Afgahnistan, korea...

you automactialy expect korea to let British planes on their airbases? lol

The harriers there could only be launched from the carriers due to the low land mass in the area, BUT taiwan is not like that.
One is retireing, but that is of no consequence.

whats do you mean by low land mass?. remember you said 24hours.

"Close" ? Compared to what china?
The added advantage of our aircraft being able to deploy since they are already nearby.

because iraq is closer to europe than china is to europe. like i said how much nearby. not much.

Get to where?.

from germany to iraq/china/afganistan

Thing is though, could china HOLD taiwan from the US and its allies?
I doubt it, US marines are not far away and a strike force could destroy any oposition.

Once chinas establishs control of taiwan how is america going to invade taiwan.? 100,000 chinese troops againest how many marnies. this is ot iraq. you dont have a country to station your troops on

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

and the phillipines will let you

Yes.. If any country helps the US in the South East then phillipines will be one of them.. They're americans stoogies..

And as I said before if anyone will be nuked it'll be one of these cheapo states that is helping/housing allied forces

Harriers in Afghanistan cangoand bomb Lhasa or something.. Fat lot of good that'll do though..

Maybe multiple (cruise) missile strikes at Chengdu from the Bay of Bengal.. Yeah..That would be more effective.. Chengdu is only 800-1000km from the northern waters of the Bay of Bengal.. Tomahawks will be suitable..
Also its international waters and China has zero deterence in the bay..

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

"What if America (Et al) fail? What will then happen to us from the Chinese as punishment?"

HAHAHA!
American will win against the Chinese, even if it will be fighting alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join