It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Russia will gain nothing if they sit quietly in the corner nor if they ally themselves with PRC. If they instead wait until chinese military is massed down south to deal with situation at hand in taiwan and then launch an offensive to northern china in support of USA. Russians will have a change to gain massive resourses in northern china as well as regain partial dominance in region.

what have got to gain from northern china that they dont have already?. if china is attacked from russia china can fend them off. the best armoured units are all in the north

stay with china and watch or far eastern areas prosper. or be a puppet to the americans

At this stage Tibet will probably revolt and try to regain their independece.
India will most likely try to take their share... trying to become dominating nation in the region.

a uprising in tibet will be put down as fast as it started.

anyhow the Han chinese outnumber the tibetians

your talking about land warfare fighting on chinese soil. no seaborne landings. or air superioty missions. good old slug fest

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

It's deeper, broader and complex than you let on, chinawhite!

you quote from a taiwanese newspapaper. and its not just a random one its a taiwan independence paper.

While Beijing wielded influence in places such as North Korea, Burma and Cambodia, Hill pointed to America's "strong and enduring alliances with Japan, Australia, South Korea, Thailand and the Philippines." In terms of global power politics, he suggested, it was no contest.

Japan-good US ally but also chinas largest trade partner.

South korea-good US ally but chinas the largest export destination. +good cultrul links

Thailand-heres a link
www.iuj.ac.jp...

Australia will stay out/neatural according to comments by alexander downer.

Philippines-Kicked america out of naval base

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I was referring to a situation where PLA is already involved in Fighting USA around Taiwan, with USAF/USN naturally supporting that battle, Possible USMC beacheads at you southern coast holding most of your best troops.
And Adding a full scale russian offensive from the north to PLA misery..
And USAF using Russian bases...
I'm not saying this is the most probable scenario, but it's a possibility...
I know PLA has the numbers on their side, but do they have enough modern equipment to fight on two fronts?

BTW nice video on your sig chinawhite, do you know where it's filmed?

[edit on 12-8-2005 by northwolf]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

US President George W. Bush's personal interest in Mongolia might be considered limited. Yet, when the country's then leader visited Washington last year, the US president enthusiastically declared "a new era of comprehensive partnership."

Mongolia's 2.6 million people occupy an area of 1.6 million km2 (the UK has nearly 60 million people in 246,000km2). While Mongolia has oil, its main resource is 20 million sheep and goats. But ruminants were not the reason Bush was all riled up.

Mongolia is geographically sandwiched between China and Russia. And it has been steadily drawn into what Walter Russell Mead of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York calls the "strategic net" being woven by the US in Asia to "persuade China to keep its ambitions within reason."

this is the biggest piece of bull ever. it makes it sound like america is pulling the strings in mongolia.

www.jamestown.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
I was referring to a situation where PLA is already involved in Fighting USA around Taiwan, with USAF/USN naturally supporting that battle, Possible USMC beacheads at you southern coast holding most of your best troops.

um. interesting. now lets see americans amphibious capability's. can they land 100,000 troops on chinas mainland.

And Adding a full scale russian offensive from the north to PLA misery..

how much russian troops are we talking about 200,000-400,000?

And USAF using Russian bases...
I'm not saying this is the most probable scenario, but it's a possibility...
I know PLA has the numbers on their side, but do they have enough modern equipment to fight on two fronts?

i think people here not know that russia and china have a "strategic partnership" to stop american influence in central asia and the middle east. russia and china have joint interest. i dont think russia will attack china or support america.

BTW nice video on your sig chinawhite, do you know where it's filmed?

im not to sure. maybe the Famnborough airshow.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
we are talking about western airforces. not american

Arnt we ?
I didnt know america had moved continenets...

something like a treaty.

As I said the PLAN hasnt tried to take taiwan, hence no US attempt to get the bases.

naval arms race

Hence why I said "worse when the new kaiser came in." we were still better friends with them than russia.

on a F-15 or F-16

Your talking about Fighters I am talking about bombers.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
"you quote from a taiwanese newspapaper. and its not just a random one its a taiwan independence paper. "

Well, chinawhite.

The Taipei Times( www.taipeitimes.com... ) is not just a democracy supporting paper it's also an award winning paper for reporting things in a comprehensive and factual manner. I know that's not the self serving propaganda of the PRC press:
www.geocities.com...

But the articles are well written and intelligent.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Arnt we ?
I didnt know america had moved continenets...

lets get back to my first reply.

which airforce except the US can bring their airforce to near chians border?

dont talk BS

NATO..
UN...
UK...
Europe...
Shall I continue..

you see. i even said no US airforce. and you change the whole subject

As I said the PLAN hasnt tried to take taiwan, hence no US attempt to get the bases.

how long does a treaty get organized.
. the war will be already over

on a F-15 or F-16

Your talking about Fighters I am talking about bombers.

well we weren't talking about bombers in the first place. we were talking about western/european airforces. do they have B-2s or B-52s

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
can someone give me ranges ffor the F-2/F-16 and F-15

Combat radius 833 km for F2

More than 2,000 miles ferry range (1,740nm for F16

more than 3,500 miles ferry range (conformal fuel tanks plus 3 external fuel tanks) For F15

There you go man!

You actually kinda got me intrested in this thread!

thanks blue cell.

you see the ranges devilwasp. you need a more than one aerial refuel to get to taiwan.

these ranges dont account for patrol/engament time.

i would like to say that the japanese cant support 200+ fighters on kyushu island.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

US President George W. Bush's personal interest in Mongolia might be considered limited. Yet, when the country's then leader visited Washington last year, the US president enthusiastically declared "a new era of comprehensive partnership."

Mongolia's 2.6 million people occupy an area of 1.6 million km2 (the UK has nearly 60 million people in 246,000km2). While Mongolia has oil, its main resource is 20 million sheep and goats. But ruminants were not the reason Bush was all riled up.

Mongolia is geographically sandwiched between China and Russia. And it has been steadily drawn into what Walter Russell Mead of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York calls the "strategic net" being woven by the US in Asia to "persuade China to keep its ambitions within reason."

this is the biggest piece of bull ever. it makes it sound like america is pulling the strings in mongolia.

www.jamestown.org...

Actually no, chinawhite. It sounds in the article( www.taipeitimes.com... ) that we are trying to get close to Mongolia's leadership to infuriate the PRC.

[edit on 8/12/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
sounds like china will invade taiwan sometime in the future no matter what, Taiwan might as well tell the US and her Allies that they will declare Independence thus letting the allies support get in place under "training" banner then have Taiwan declare.

Containment worked agianst the USSR but I think the powers that be might actually want war, between the up and coming super power and the hyper power so they drain each other to the point were a world government can be born. The maturation of the linage of League of Nation -----> United Nations ------> The Terrian Society.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

go and try

Are you accusing us Westerners of being armchair generals?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

whats wrong with comunism its the perfect world but has never been put into practice

For one thing it can't be put into practice, just like in some ways democracy can't. There is always some one that will be coorupt. Another thing, with communist government (in least to my knowledge) everybody earns the same amount of money. That is not good for the economy, you have to have motivation, it increases production and creativity. Anyway I know that is really late, but just wanted to make a little point.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Frankly I don't see the bigwigs supporting china's claim on Taiwan for "fear" of chinese economic sanctions..
If you're talking about the SCO and maybe those countires in Africa then okay..
But thats almost as pathetic as the "coalition of the willing"...

Who's talking about sanctions? I'm just saying if a country decides to go hostile with PRC by denying their ownership of Taiwan then they won't get easy trade with PRC anymore (not that I'm craving for this to happen but that's the way it is, you don't trade with your enemies). Does it matter to them whether or not Taiwan is part of the PRC? It only matters to the US because the US wants influence in the region, the rest of them don't care, they just say "yeah... whatever you say about Taiwan, now let's just get to the trading part"

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

There is an article about our top negotiator to NK talks not brokering the subject of Taiwan and NK in the same sentence w/ China.

YOUR top negotiator, maybe, but what does he care? I want to know what a South Korean negotiator thinks (I was talking about South Korea's interests too before) China has often been used as a mediator between North Korea and South Korea since it's neutral to both whereas the two Koreas are quite hostile towards each other. If South Korea makes PRC an enemy too, then that's two enemies to its north, one of them stretching to its west part too, kind of a difficult situation to be in.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Senators and Congressmen have said , if Asia signs a trade pact that excludes Taiwan they will consider making a free trade pact w/ Taiwan.

This would elevate Taiwan as far as trade goes in asia( thumbs nose @ china).

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
communist government (in least to my knowledge) everybody earns the same amount of money. That is not good for the economy, you have to have

That's definitely not true. Communism only ensures a basic level of quality of life. Property is shared. Imagine what happens if everyone in the USA worked for the US government.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by LemonAide]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Senators and Congressmen have said , if Asia signs a trade pact that excludes Taiwan they will consider making a free trade pact w/ Taiwan.

This would elevate Taiwan as far as trade goes in asia( thumbs nose @ china).

Yeah but that trade pact I'm sure will be dwarfed by the asian one..
Considering the economies of SE Asia, India and China any trade pact between these three would most certainly be of biblical proportions..

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

Are you accusing us Westerners of being armchair generals?

you.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The Taipei Times( www.taipeitimes.com... ) is not just a democracy supporting paper it's also an award winning paper for reporting things in a comprehensive and factual manner.

ha, you got any proof?

I know that's not the self serving propaganda of the PRC press:
www.geocities.com...

But the articles are well written and intelligent.

anything in the 80-90s?

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join