It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You can if your china...

Care to elaborate?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
People! are we talking about Can China Invade Taiwan? or are we talking about Iraq!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineMan2145
The UN vehemently refused to adhere to its own policies. It consistently told Saddam to stop violating the resolutions, but he did not, and the UN would not enforce this.

The security council controls the UN, guess what its the UK, china, france, the US and russias fault.

I do not remember anyone saying that Saddam had missile capabilities. I think that is baloney. And of course the WMDs were greatly stressed, even if they weren't the main reason for going into Iraq.

Mabye you should ask mr blair..it was balony BTW.

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. That is a big deal. Did you read my post, about how easy it is to hide them? No one can tell for sure if there are WMDs in Iraq or not.

How is it a big deal when many worse others have them?
And how easy is it to say they are hidden if there are none..

And Daedalus, you site a French site!? How anti-American can you get there? BTW, Hans Blix himself stated that Saddam would not allow the UN weapons inspectors to do the full amount of checking that they wanted to do.
[edit on 9-8-2005 by EngineMan2145]

I didnt know that daedelus needs some one to tell him what goes against america.
The UN weapon inspectors didnt even tell the facts.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Care to elaborate?

Well how easy is it to move or "reorginise" in the chinese military?
They could lie in wait for years and years...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

North Atlantic Treaty Orginisation..
www.nato.int...#
United nations...
www.un.org...

i know what they are

Isreal, japan, carrier groups, India, russia,south korea, burma, etc etc

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

hahahaha

japan is to far to be any use for these planes.

india wont help.

south korea wont help ethier.

russia is a partner of china ands supports china on tiawan.

burma is also a chinese friend

israel is way to far

[edit on 10-8-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
hmmm.. You got to get that Su chi lady to power in Burma before hoping for any US help. Burma is a commie dictatorship..

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
hahahaha

Is it?
Ever heard of tankers?

india wont help.

Who needs it to help, only need to use bases in it.

south korea wont help ethier.

How do you know?

russia is a partner of china ands supports china on tiawan.

Really?

burma is also a chinese friend

Depends on the term friend. Germany was a british "friend" before WW1.

israel is way to far
[edit on 10-8-2005 by chinawhite]

Yet again there is no such thing as too far away.

Originally posted by Daedalus3
hmmm.. You got to get that Su chi lady to power in Burma before hoping for any US help. Burma is a commie dictatorship..

Thats a contradiction.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
hahahaha

Is it?
Ever heard of tankers?

:shk: really now chinawhite this is not up to your usual level of propaganda. Japan does have the KC-767A Tanker and can easily use US KC-135 and KC-10's to fuel its F-2's and F-15's etc.

Here is a great article about a joint exersize at Kadena. Holy gas fumes Batman is that a picture of a Japanese F-15 tanking with a USAF KC-135

Heck Yes We Have Tankers

[edit on 8/10/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well how easy is it to move or "reorginise" in the chinese military?
They could lie in wait for years and years...

Yeah I’m sure the US won’t notice Ships, planes and 70,000 troops amassing of the coast of Taiwan. And the years stagy to impractical, so the question remains unless they can place eve thing they need off the cost of Taiwan in one day or less then it won’t be a surprise.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
China can do anything it wants, but they are a passive country.
So they will not drop the first bomb unless someone else drops the bomb first then they will retalliate and destroy every inche of the opposing country or nation or peoples.
In further respect they are able to launch over 35 "mini-ships" capable of transporting 50 troops per ship backed with war ships hitting enemy defenses.
And further more Chinese Airforce have more jets and better pilots than the small airforce the Tiawanese have.
But for China to attack they would have to be attacked first.
And if that is not enough the Chinese Government are training to walk on water, and the 105 Km between China and Tiawan can be done on foot.
And if not they will fill it with cement.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah I’m sure the US won’t notice Ships, planes and 70,000 troops amassing of the coast of Taiwan. And the years stagy to impractical, so the question remains unless they can place eve thing they need off the cost of Taiwan in one day or less then it won’t be a surprise.

With china's increasing naval size and military size tell me, would you notice ships reorginising? Troops moveing ?
I mean you dont even need them amassed , just nearby.
How quickly can they move an infantry division by truck?
Besides you seen the size of china's coast?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry, I have lived there for three months just off Tiawan strait.
And there is no dout that if China wanted to they could launch missiles just over that piece, and destroy all the cities this side of the strait, and then send in their naval forces to "mop-up" the remaining forces.
and further more, they could fly over too, there are how many airports? MANY!
Each airport have over 35 Jets housed.So they could send over 350 jets in one go to hit Tiawan why use troops? the costal sity's that are over the strait, would be able to send ground forces there in over 3 hours, so this one day bull, is all hog-wash.
China has the means, the weapons and trust me the numbers, but one thing lacks...
MOTIVE.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xina huang

That is very nice. So I guess it is alright if Taiwan declare formal indepedence. This "status quo" policy supported by the US and the "one Chine, Taiwan is part of China" policy of China are just non-sense.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by twchang]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
China can do anything it wants, but they are a passive country.
So they will not drop the first bomb unless someone else drops the bomb first then they will retalliate and destroy every inche of the opposing country or nation or peoples.

So china will not attack if someone else attack first? Didn't china said that they will attack taiwan if taiwan declear indepedence? this proves that china will attack taiwan first, since taiwan will not drop any bombs if it declear indepedence First. every inch... a lot of people will die if you do that and it's not good for china's image.

In further respect they are able to launch over 35 "mini-ships" capable of transporting 50 troops per ship backed with war ships hitting enemy defenses.

Thats like nothing let see 35 x 50 = 1750... thats so little i was hoping they have 1400 "mini-ships" to drop off 70,000 troops in the first wave, well at least 70,000

And further more Chinese Airforce have more jets and better pilots than the small airforce the Tiawanese have.

You sure? china's air force seems pretty sucky, only a few like good planes and i think taiwan have better pilots than china. china will have more planes.

And if that is not enough the Chinese Government are training to walk on water, and the 105 Km between China and Tiawan can be done on foot.
And if not they will fill it with cement.

troops walking on water... where you hear that from??? and 105 km between china and taiwan are full of water and i don't think troops can walk on water

Sorry, I have lived there for three months just off Tiawan strait.
And there is no dout that if China wanted to they could launch missiles just over that piece, and destroy all the cities this side of the strait, and then send in their naval forces to "mop-up" the remaining forces.

China can if she want to, but is she willing to risk it? Doing this might start a all out war with the US, all the cities... do you know how many lives will be lost if you destory every city in taiwan? millions and that would not be pretty

and further more, they could fly over too, there are how many airports? MANY!

if they don't get shot down first

Each airport have over 35 Jets housed.So they could send over 350 jets in one go to hit Tiawan why use troops? the costal sity's that are over the strait, would be able to send ground forces there in over 3 hours, so this one day bull, is all hog-wash.

liek i said before, lots of them will be shot down by taiwan's AA batteries and later might be counter by US Carrier Battle Groups

China has the means, the weapons and trust me the numbers, but one thing lacks...
MOTIVE.

yep! they got lots of nukes.. which is liek teh only good weapon that she has

[edit on 10-8-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow this is turning into the China verse US thread! But Intresting discussions in least.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
ulshadow,
She has the most advanced S/A/G2S missle in the world.
She has snipers, the most deadly infantry weapon of all...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ulshadow,
She has the most advanced S/A/G2S missle in the world.
She has snipers, the most deadly infantry weapon of all...

Prove that S?AG2S is the most advance missle in the world. I bet it that type of missle has never even saw combat.
Depends how well trianed the snipers are.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Prove that S?AG2S is the most advance missle in the world. I bet it that type of missle has never even saw combat.

Its never seen combat but its been tested by the US and russia.
It IS the most advanced, it cuts defences time to react more than half.
30 seconds..
www.globalsecurity.org...

[qoute]
Depends how well trianed the snipers are.
A sniper doesnt need to be well trained, the isreali's learned that.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think this might be a bit misleading. Taiwanese air force are considered the elite in Taiwan's arm forces by many who have served in Taiwan's military.

The ranking of Taiwanese forces goes something like this:

1. Air force
2. Navy
3. Special forces (marines, seal, air cavalries)
4. Army

This doesn't mean that Taiwanese air force will win or survive a fight with China, but the amount of fighters is not small, and the pilots are well trained.

If I remember correctly, Taiwan currently has about 140 F-16s, 60 Mirage 2000s, 100 IDFs and other fighters, which is sufficient for now. Some pilots went to US for training or studying in air force programs...so I guess their ability won't be too bad.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by twchang]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ok devilwasp, fine that missle is the most advance missle in the world. there i said it, happy now. now lets move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join