It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Metal Church Burnings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Black Metal is associated with church burnings. While some church burnings in the South have been directed at black Baptist churches and are linked to the kkk, Black Metal church burnings differ in motive. The church Varg burned was a historic christian church that was built on a pre-Christian pagan holy site. Pagans see the Christian take over as akin to war, as people were killed if they did not convert. Today Christian churches are associated with rampant pedophilia:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Arrrghhh MUST BURN A CHURCH..... Damn you Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon...

Black metal church burnings... lol, the more I live and breath....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wooooo! Black Metal on ATS!

I somewhat support their actions at times, but I also somewhat disagree with them. I'm not one for violence or inflicting damage on anything or anyone, but I do not support Christianity either. There's some really unintelligent "black metallers" out there. Those that follow a more true Satanic religion do have some views which I agree with.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Arrrghhh MUST BURN A CHURCH..... Damn you Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon...

Black metal church burnings... lol, the more I live and breath....

Venom had nothing to do with the church burnings. As a matter of fact, venom wasn't even a black metal band, although I believe the song inspired the name of genre. You should have posted the cover...

However, the rhythm guitarist of one of my favorite bands, Emperor, did indeed burn churches, and was convicted of at least one. The original drummer was also involved, and he was a murderer as well. There was a lot of violence and general disarray in the early years of black metal.

I remember seeing Emperor like ten years ago, and Borknagar opened for them. I became an instant fan of Borknagar's singer, whom then left for Dimmu Borgir, (he's since been fired) and with Dimmu Borgir they created some of the most epic, dark music ever.

Dimmu Borgir never did anything illegal, but the lead singer and keyboard player are monumental douchebags.
A shame that the bassist/clean singer that they fired was a cool guy. I think he was accused of being a slacker, but I'm team Vortex ( just like I was team David Lee Roth)
edit on 11/30/2010 by Sunsetspawn because: as a matter of fact...

edit on 11/30/2010 by Sunsetspawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Now, now, now. If the purpose of ATS is to deny ignorance, then let me just remind you that not everyone who listens to black metal, supports church burnings.

That is a very small minority of black metal fans.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You're right, I should have included that disclaimer on the first post. Yeah, I like the music myself and think the church burning aspect is f'd up. But it also seems like it was bound to happen. It's blowback from the bloody Christianization of Europe.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry, nevermind.
edit on 11/30/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow, a whole lot of blanket statements in the OP. Not all Christian Churches are associated with pedos, nor are all bloack metal fans into church burnings. Varg was a murdering loser as well as a thief and opportunist, how he can be idolized is beyond me......

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Today Christian churches are associated with rampant pedophilia

Really? This is news to me. I've always associated it with "Catholic" churches. But I could be wrong. Maybe its just churches, you frequent or have read about. Either way, I am very knowledgeable about Black Metal. Mayhem, Dark Throne, Burzum, and I am not new to it either. A lot of it I feel is "image" but they certainly "walk the walk" don't they?

Take for example "Dead" from the group Mayhem. He used to bury his clothes underground for days so when wearing them he could smell like the dead. He kept dead animals around him. He ended up committing suicide and when his band mate found him, he kept some of the bones and made a necklace out of it. Not to mention he took pictures of the scene and later put in on the cover of an album. Just one of a few examples of the "scene".

edit on 11/30/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Black Metal is associated with church burnings. While some church burnings in the South have been directed at black Baptist churches and are linked to the kkk, Black Metal church burnings differ in motive. The church Varg burned was a historic christian church that was built on a pre-Christian pagan holy site. Pagans see the Christian take over as akin to war, as people were killed if they did not convert. Today Christian churches are associated with rampant pedophilia:

Today Christian churches are associated with rampant pedophilia

And your saying Islam isn't with rampant pedophilia aswell?

as people were killed if they did not convert

Same goes with Islam

I am tired of ATS Members here who are attacking just Christians and jews

I guess they must be your favorite targets eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You guys....

ONE WORD.

IMMORTAL.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Since they're usually the ones attacking everybody, I thought I would level the playing field a little. I'm not a big fan of any of the Abrahamic religions to be honest. Since Islam is the most "eastern" of the three, I can tolerate it more. I don't love al-queda or anything, but nobody has shown me evidence that they exist yet. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment agent of usa.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Velocismo

You're
right.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

this band is actually ok as well, but this guy's youtube channel rules big time, I suggest checking it out

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

these guys are on southern lord.
they're also ok.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Alghazanth

and

Bal-Sagoth

Providing you with the video/audio wouldn't be metal, so find it yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Although many churches have become corrupt as well as organized religion as a whole, I do not agree with burning a church down...

Now burning the pope on the other hand....

But honestly, here's my take on things...

Some really crazy crap happened in the past that inspired people to worship an idea, and in turn other people decided to use that worship as a form of manipulation and a system of power. We'll never know until death though, as it will always be "50/50" when it comes to religion...Ugh

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

I think people tend to forget that there is blowback from any violent activity of forceful manipulation. Black Metal is blowback from the bloody Christianization of Europe. I think of it as a few extremists getting revenge. But I think they're right, the church is a mind-control system worthy of destruction. I would never burn a church down, but I can understand why someone who was Pagan would want to if a Christian church was built on a Pagan holy site or something.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Due to a rash of church fires between 1985 - 1995 gave rise to the falsity of Satanical influence in heavy metal concentrated in Norway.

A special aired in The EU around 2000 on VBS.

True Norwegian Black Metal :
www.vbs.tv...

Wikipedia entry :
en.wikipedia.org...(documentary)

VBS's YouTube page :
Pt. 1 - www.youtube.com...
Pt. 2 - www.youtube.com...
Pt. 3 - www.youtube.com...
Pt. 4 - www.youtube.com...
Pt. 5 - www.youtube.com...

Excellently written, edited and produced peice. Focusing on Gorgoroth Vocalist Gaahl.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join