It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I cannot show you details on construction, but

Before entering the mortuary temple visitors pass under the windowed gateway where Ramses had his pleasure rooms and enter an open space which was once a magnificent garden. Facing, is the deeply carved first pylon, which shows Ramses fighting imaginary battles against the enemies of Egypt but on the inner walls are scenes of battles that he really did fight and win. To the right of the gateway is the temple that Hatshepsut built and on the left is the temple of the Divine Adoratrix, which was added at a later date.

famouspharaohs.blogspot.com...

In comparison to the Great Pyramid having no carvings whatsoever, and hieroglyphs that are poorly painted in an obscure out-of-the-way area. The architects of the mortuary, however, deemed it necessary to be sure to carve and put emphasis on Ramses III in the wide open for everyone to see in heroic battles - some that happened and some of the battles were made-up for exaggeration.

I also tend to believe the Great Pyramid to be of a great feat and would at least have some carvings showing who the architecture was built for - like the mortuary for Ramses III illustrates on it's pylons.

edit on 30-11-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Very good post, I saw these videos on you tube and they relate to your post. The videos are in english with spanish subs, 9 parts all from the History Channel.Part #1 www.youtube.com...

need help embeding video please.
edit on 30-11-2010 by toddtenexpa because: (no reason given)

This part is very interesting, talking about the Pyramid being a machine. Skip to part 5:45 if you like. This is video Part #8 www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-11-2010 by toddtenexpa because: video #8 talking about the pyramid producung hydrogen..

edit on 30-11-2010 by toddtenexpa because: dont need help embeding video, learned something new today.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Question: Wasn't the exterior of the great pyramid originally encased in smooth granite creating a 'seamless' surface and the cap was gold IIRC? (see below)
Wouldn't this go some way to explaining why there are no hieroglyphs? But it is weird the spells that these hieroglyphs were for weren't used in this tomb, the Egyptians were pretty fanatical about that sort of thing

Casing stones

casing stone
At completion, the Great Pyramid was surfaced by white "casing stones" – slant-faced, but flat-topped, blocks of highly polished white limestone. These were carefully cut to what is approximately a face slope with a seked of 5½ palms to give the required dimensions. Visibly, all that remains is the underlying stepped core structure seen today. In AD 1300, a massive earthquake loosened many of the outer casing stones, which were then carted away by Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan in 1356 to build mosques and fortresses in nearby Cairo. The stones can still be seen as parts of these structures. Later explorers reported massive piles of rubble at the base of the pyramids left over from the continuing collapse of the casing stones, which were subsequently cleared away during continuing excavations of the site. Nevertheless, a few of the casing stones from the lowest course can be seen to this day in situ around the base of the Great Pyramid, and display the same workmanship and precision as has been reported for centuries.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mobtek

Yes, the outer casing stones were polished white limestones.

The "Pyramid of Khafre" still has such casing stones at it's top -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0e57708bd77.jpg[/atsimg]

The tombs, especially of pharaohs, were lavishly decorated. The Kings Chamber....not at all, not even a trace of anything besides bare rose granite. The tomb robbers must have been quite remarkable.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Really and what do you base that on? Given most of the written records were destroyed, over time, by various sects and invaders we will probably never know. I strongly suspect the Egyptian records contained some evidence of an advanced pre biblical society that were quite deliberately destroyed for reasons of a purely religious kind. I can well see small groups of survivors of some natural cataclysm holding onto certain knowledge and merging into the bludgeoning new societies. Yes, to the Pharaohs and the populace they were tomb builders etc, they quite possibly had an agenda that was something beyond that and were attempting to re create something they inherited from a long gone society. It's wholly possible these small enclaves of descendent's of an older civilisation died out for various reasons and their written records were lost to history and in some cases, quite deliberately destroyed. .I don't think it is any coincidence that the recent discoveries in central Europe of huge Earthworks contemporaneous to the major building period in Egypt have been found.

The Rosetta Stone was deciphered in 1822 so it's wholly possible they, rather badly, faked the Khufu inscriptions 15 years later, to say it wasn't is simply not true. .

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nicely done. I didnt know about the indentations on the sides. Could they possibly be left over remnants of the center lines / site lines of the ramps?

Having a ramp on each side makes a world of sense and then each ramp is centered on a known spot giving you something to base your measurements by.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Velocismo

The problem is that they would have to be much, much wider.

To accompany slabs going up and empty sleds going down, and of course the weight which would call for a wider base.

Whatever the reason for the indentions, they were done with an exactness - purposely. Maybe, the indentions give an idea of how the pyramids were built but that is up for speculation. Though, if the indentions were intentionally put there regardless of how the pyramid was built, then once again the builders gave themselves even more of a tedious task on the scale of acres.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
any one that says aliens dont exist and never had influence with mankind prove they didnt!

prove they didnt! your making the claim its not true well if we have to prove our theory PROVE your aswell!

OH YEAH YOU CANT!

DREAM ON SKEPTICS OUR DAY OF VICTORY IS MORE LIKELY THEN YOURS!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
excellent post, s&f, I have a theory how the stones were put into place. Maybe it was acoustic levitation. It would make sense to lift the stones with vibration, maybe through chants or some sort of chorus, like the gregorian monks, but on a way different level. I believe that humans once possessed great powers of the mind and body, and some how, someone made us forget all about this, or we lost it somehow over the generations. I do believe that there is some sort of alien connection with the pyramid, but I believe also, that the humans were slaves to build the pyramid.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
redacted

edit on 1-12-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

i just know what i know..i've been lead down a path for some reason i didnt chose this path i'm on IT was chose for me!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If anyone thinks that men pushed/ pulled/ rolled what ever, 70 tonne stones up a step incline , your friggn dreaming

Now if it wasn't Aliens, I have heard the best theory about how they were built through a mate who thinks out the square. this is a good one and not one I have ever read about.

They dug a hole the height of the pyramid making it easier to go down hill with the stones, as the pyramid got higher they filled it in with the same sand they dug out until finished, Then over time in the desert with shifting sand you see what you see today.

Just a theory and nice post op

Wal

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
One of the best posts about the building of the pyramids I've seen in a long time...

But.. Like most posts and replies on ATS, most people are quick to laud how great the aliens are and it must have been ET's. And never appriciate how great us humans really are and what we can do with the right motivation.

I've been to the Giza Plateau, and after paying 20 egyptian pounds to a guard was allowed to climb up a couple of stones to have my picture taken on the great Pyramid. from what i saw there, it's well within the realms of man to have constructed these, even way back when...

Thats just the opinion of an engineer

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

sadly the pyramidiots will simply claim that aliens built the other structures you cite

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
the design of the pyramid is like the electro-margnetic grid lines in polygon model. if you know about the lost soulstone/merkaba (Boriska, Martian boy), it something like tetrahedron shape use for trapping soul. maybe the pyramid is used to trap the soul for reincarnation.

hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com...

And also i remembered reading it somewhere, saying that the pyramid is unfinished and the Gods(?) punished the workers because one stone doesn't fit. might be the block of stone in the corner of the pyramid.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well after reading this well put together thesis I started thinking. Wat if it was just given to us humans as a gift of some sort. you know like a galactic gift I mean I didn't know us humans were that technically advanced 4000 odd years ago. Wat ever the influential culture seen in the Egyptians they must have really thout a whole lot of our race!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

prove humans did!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

the Egyptians recorded minute aspects of their society but this one magnificent achievement has no written documentation whatsoever.

so where are the intimate records of thier alien freinds ?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: double post - delete

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

its buried 100ft below
edit on 1-12-2010 by sweety0003 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join