It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid: A Conundrum Made of Stone (Built by ET's?)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Guilp

I do not know if I'm following you correctly.

The Great Pyramid dwarfs Coral Castle.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
reply to post by Guilp

I do not know if I'm following you correctly.

The Great Pyramid dwarfs Coral Castle.

in the explanation and interest of modern B%ll %ît the Coral Castle gets completely ignored.
thats why, its bigger than the Giza pyramid.

its more strange than the pyramids.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Egyptians had copper wire.
Edward had copper wire.
both had low current power.

copper is the magic word with low current power.

pull a string and lets see who wins "kind of way"

look at it, nothing more, say`s that huge pile of rock.

Think about it,

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Guilp

Egypt did not have powerful acids to power anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Whenever someone tells me they are amazed by the pyramids, I'm reminded how carried away they got over the pet rock craze.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Great thread!

The extreme precision and all the mathematical coincidences continues to amaze .

www.crystalinks.com...

As the OP postulated the great pyramid was undoubtedly used as an astronomical observatory at least during its construction. Originally the hidden entrance of the Pyramid was sealed with a secret 20 ton swivel door that could be opened easily with a light push from inside. The door sealed so tightly that there were no cracks around the edges to reveal its location or use as a grip to open it. Maybe during the early years the pyramid was occupied 24/7 in shift fashion that allowed one party to leave opening the door for the next to enter?

I'm also wondering about the Rose granite chamber and "coffer". Who would steal a 2 ton Coffer lid? Perhaps the pyramid was used for ceremonies where they needed a water basin? The air ducts leading to the chamber also provided star light, but i'm not sure exactly where and when the star image would fall inside the chamber.

The surreal capstone must have been symbolic of some kind of political power. One of the inscriptions on the limestone blocks read `The Craftsmen gang'. How powerful is the white crown of Khnum Khufu. That probably explains some of the workers motivation. My guess as to how the pyramid was built is that there were at least two competing gangs with a great deal of ego motivation. Probably multiple ramps used to slide the granite blocks as well.

Some of the mystery has been resolved but what were the designers really thinking? Was Cheops more than just a monument to their astronomical and mathematical prowess?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We have become a nation amazed by the Coral Castle, the pet rock and the Obama Chia Pet. No wonder the pyramids stand as so astounding to us......

Obama Chia Pet
gadgets.boingboing.net...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall
We have become a nation amazed by the Coral Castle, the pet rock and the Obama Chia Pet. No wonder the pyramids stand as so astounding to us......

Obama Chia Pet
gadgets.boingboing.net...

I do not know how this is relevant to this thread, as well as half of your posts?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

What ramp theory do you propose.

The granite slabs are incredibly anamolous especially how they are place in such perfection within the inner chambers of the Pyramid. Just one single mistake or slip up would have caused a great problem, imagine a limestone block falling off of the face of the pyramid during construction, or a 70 ton granite slab falling into the kings chamber it would literally destroy the whole project.

These things are, of course, what modern engineers night mares are made of.

Extreme precision in gigantic proportions.

It would be likened too the finest opticians work on the scale of acres.
edit on 1-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guilp
what happened with the Coral castle????
and why is it not a world wonder of the new times.
like the pyramids,
I don't know how the pyramids were built, how the stones were moved, etc. So that's an interesting mystery.

I don't find the techniques used to build the coral castle to be very mysterious after seeing this photo of the builder of coral castle:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ab04affd83.jpg[/atsimg]
themanyfacesofspaces.com
Doesn't that kind of solve the Coral Castle "mystery"?

I haven't seen anyone solve the mystery of how the pyramids were built. Lots of ideas but none as convincing as that one photo of Leedskalnin.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: added link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
Hey Gorman,
Repeatedly it has been pointed out to you that there were 2.5 million stones not 700,000 nor 800,000.

Were I you, I would not bandy that stone count around with such overconfidence.

I can post right here links to at least three different Egyptologists that estimate the total to be half that and less. One even under 1 million stones. In fact, if you use the search function, you can probably find where I've already done so (more than once) here at ATS, albeit years ago, no doubt.

This includes the now-missing casing stones.

Your estimate (not yours, really, I know) comes from an earlier era and involves calculating an (assumed) average size per stone and the total volume of the Great pyramid. Dividing the (assumed) average individual stone volume into the total (as if the pyramid was solid!) yeilds the number you gave, or near to it.

The problem is that the interstices in the Great Pyramid have been thoroughly examined in the century or so since your stated estimate was actually made.

Turns out there's huge gaps between stone layers inside the pyramid core. On top of that, your estimate was made before it was even realized that the G.P. was built around a largish hill that occupies a significant portion of the overall volume of the edifice.

Gorman's numbers might not be far off at all from the actual stone count.

While I'm at it, I read someone posted that the stones at the top are larger. In fact, this is backwards. The stones in the top third of the pyramid (the ones we can see up there anyway) are about half the size of the ones on the bottom.

Considering that over half the volume of the pyramid occupies only the bottom third of the building, this makes perfect sense if you're working your tails off to drag the stones up.

If some sort of magical magnetism or stone-stacking-obsessed aliens were involved, what would be the motivation for so dramatically decreasing stone sizes as elevation increased?

Harte

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Guilp

When did this conversation about pyramids include Timothy Leary?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Too bad, too. They had those rows upon rows of ginormous electrical motors, after all....

What a waste.

Harte

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

great thread real eye opener indeed.. i think the egyptians had help from aliens i mean why would they have records of everday small things that they did but not record how they built a massive structure like this.. i read somewhere that there are secrets hidden under the sphinx maby thats where the records are or the records that show that aliens helpt building the prymids??.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Could you post sources please.

I'd like to compare my sources to yours to get a better comprehension on the stone count of the pyramid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facts

(Considered factual because of legitimate recorded documentation and measurements; but will be considered counter factual if you give me a better source)

With 2,500,000 stones (with polished limestone casing stones) the calculations come out to: 342 stones have to be moved daily (working during 365 days a year) or 431 stones daily (working during 290 days a year).

10-hour day: every 2 minutes a stone (34 to 43 per hour)
8-hour day: nearly a stone every minute (42 to 53 stones per hour)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4813943b28b.gif[/atsimg]

Originally probably 210 stone layers, now only 201 layers..

With an average density of 2,6 - 2,9 t/m³ the large limestone blocks weighted 6.5 - 10 tons and the smaller ones about 1.3 tons.

www.cheops-pyramide.ch...

edit on 1-12-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do find it interesting that Chris Dunn *sp found that the tolerances over the surface of some of the cut blocks used in Egypt is 2 thousandths of an inch. It shows that when someone who actually works in a specific field enters the field of archaeology, the results are wholly different to a bunch of academics who have very little real idea of what constitutes proper engineering practices.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Nice Job… S&F for you!

However, why does it need to be ET’s???

We could build Pyramids now, if we stop saying it can’t be done… we know it can be done, because one man, Edward Leedskalnin, built Coral Castle. The question becomes how did he do it, and if we can answer that, can we figure out how they did it? Because I can see the physical evidence of Giza and Coral Castle… I don’t start with it can’t be done, I start with it already works… Because of that mind set, I started looking for similarities between the stories of how both were built. The answer might surprise you… what I’m about to say next may be the answer… Mr. Leedskalnin didn’t go to the hospital to die, he went there to survive his ailment. Yet when people went to his house after he died, they could not solve the, how he did it mystery. From ancient stories surrounding the Pyramids at Giza to Mr. Leedskalnin neighbors recollection… both recorded music. The question becomes, is it the music, or… could it be… the volume output of a receiver or the directed/focused energy of transponders? If either is true… I believe… one side has to be AM and the other FM. The problem will be finding out the right settings/frequency. I realize this seems rather odd and far fetched, however, after studying the ancient lore of Egypt… and what was found all over Mr. Leedskalnin’s house. I believe that would be the best place to start. I could bore you with the details of why I came to this conclusion… but nah… there’s other stuff I want to mention.

Regarding how they built it, if the above is true… Three Dimensional Mathematics…. If that is true, they HAD to be more advanced then we are currently…. Because only in the last fifteen years has mankind been able to create a workable 3D architectural see-through physical placement tool… Meaning, instead of only using tape measures and lasers… that’s the only way we could do so with such precession, but it would take a lot longer then twenty years... So perhaps... some sophisticated Foreman from a time long forgotten... I would think he probably looked through a 3D… computer generated three seperate glass slotted see-through placement apparatus... while using laser sweeps and distance guides that networked into his placement tool. If both of the above are true, then they could’ve used a work force of just a few thousand… maybe 10 thousand is the correct number for both quarrying and placing... While using a sonic wave tap to snug those blocks so closely together… Not to mention, if what I posted above is true, we could build our very own pyramids today, because we could create the tools needed with our current technology to build modern Pyramids.

Regarding the Why They Were Built… I believe the answer is either one (lets hope not all) of these three possibilities. The first one, the Pyramids where built to honor some long ago event lost to the dust of history. (I doubt it because pyramids exist all over the world. That’s’ would be one hell've… wait… A Worldwide Religion? HMM!)

The second, they were built to warn mankind… when you see this planetary convergence death is soon to follow… (that is possible, and perhaps that is the reason the pyramid shape was chosen… because they can survive extreme winds and extreme pressures from both water and sand.)

OR third… and my personal favorite… they were created to honor the Progression of the Equinox… For those of you who really dig this stuff. Fast forward your planetary Stellarium to December 3, 2012, to one hour before sunrise, and then look directly east... damn interesting yes? Dec 21, 2012 equals MAYA/AZTEC… Dec 3, 2012 equals Egypt… Now that’s interesting for sure…

Perhaps ancient Egyptians enjoyed a once in every 27 thousand years... eighteen day LET'S PARTY celebration? BTW… The Pyramids mathematically represents 6, 6, 6, plus all the other really neat earth idiosyncrasy. Not only that… that Dec 3, 2012 planetary convergence of Mercury, Venus, and Saturn only happens once every 2,737 years... Yet… only matches the physical layout of the pyramids every fifth cycle or once every 13,685 years… Yet… the last time this cycle occurred, it was impossible to see Mercury because of the Progression of the Equinox… So for me that could only mean one of two things… mankind was in space over 13 thousand years ago… or… The pyramids are over 27 thousand years old. I realize that goes completely against mainstream academia, and so called fringe, Orion Belt theorist, who date the pyramids at 10,000ish years… but if you do as suggested above and physically measure that December 3, 2012 planetary convergence against the Pyramids at Giza… and then compare what aligns with the Kings Chamber and the others on that date… I guess my only question would be… can it truly be denied any longer?

The really freaky part is, lets just say its all true. What the hell happened to our truly ancient ancestors? Plus the pyramid shape bothers the hell out of me, because that is the only shape that can survive the forces of nature on this planet for extremely long periods of time and survive above ground, under water/oceans, or under millions of cubic tons of sand. Hell they can be buried by several feet of dirt, weeds, trees, brush etc, and still survive all over the world.

Is each pyramid the world over our truly ancient ancestors leaving their mark, because they knew their world was about to “recycle"?

Question: Seeing how Dec 3, 2012 is only two years away... what the hell do we have to leave our mark that will stand the test of time? BTW, I...FFFF something painful this way comes… the Great Pyramid of Giza won’t survive us because we blasted a big ass hole near the top of it, unless of course we reseal it.

But this is all conjecture, right? Except for those of you who are serious about trying to solve this riddle. Perhaps one of you will see if that AM/FM thingy is true or not… Well... If nothing else, I hope this post entertained the hell out of you… well, of that I’m sure!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have a problem with it being said that the pyramids were built by humans, without clarification that it would have to be very enlightened humans.

To understand where I'm coming from use this: Lets say YOU have the knowledge to build the pyramids. That's great but you're still going to need labor to assist you. So you go out and hire 144,000 employees to work for you. Think of all the people you know and pass daily and imagine how many of them would be sufficient labor for the greatest archetectual feat on Earth?

If the pyramids were built by regular people, where in the hell did they find such competent people? I mean, it takes skilled people to build our simple buildings now...how can the majority uneducated basically slave labor build something such as the pyramid?

The missing key, if the pyramids were built by humans, is that they must have been a very advanced people.

This is what I lean closer too. I believe there was a very advanced race of people that built the pyramids. Something happened in our past that either wiped these people out or caused them to go underground/ocean.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nice job
S&F
I've got some questions that just popped into my head whilst reading through this...
what is underneath the pyramid... im starting to wonder if the pyramids might be diamond shaped lodged in the ground, never to move again, yet this is still a "what if" so haha i dont really know.

And also, if it was some sort of alien technology, couldnt they just be waiting on us to maybe restore the pyramid to see what happens?
replace the granite and limestone, and maybe something will happen.
who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join