It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interpol issue an arrest warrent for wikileaks asange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
ok my personal view about assange aside.
i believe interpol only got involed in this because assange has become such a household name of late.
if nothing was done about the aligations and it came out later that this had alegidly happend there would be an out cry from the public about fact the powers that be new of this and done nothing.
inerpol after all are only the international police force thats wot interpol stands for.
the swedish police cant extradite him over a claim like this but interpol can.
ok this is bloody convenient for the governments of the world im not denying that, however the claims were made against him before he reached the status he has.
guilty or not he needs to face this head on to recover any sort of standing in the public arena.
but i feel the damage is already done.
wikileaks may owe it all to his vision and determination to get info into the public arena but if they cotinue with him as the face of wiki i feel he will ultimatly be there downfall.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It is highly irregular and unusual for the Swedish authorities to issue a red notice in the teeth of the undisputed fact that Mr Assange has agreed to meet voluntarily to answer the prosecutor's questions. Mr Assange has repeatedly sought meetings with the prosecutrix – both in Sweden and subsequently – in order to answer her questions and clear his name.It is relevant that Mr Assange sought permission from the prosecutrix to leave Sweden and she gave him her permission. Since leaving Sweden Mr Assange has continued to seek meetings with the prosecutrix, but his requests have either been ignored or met with a refusal."

link

I believe that this allegation and subsequent arrest warrant are just to fix Assanges location long enough to hit him with the charge of espionage, which the U.S is behind.

The WikiLeaks founder is facing growing legal problems around the world after US Republicans revealed yesterday they were pushing for his criminal prosecution under the Espionage Act.

www.guardian.co.uk...

They clearly want him out of the way .

edit on 1-12-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blacklist
......... however the claims were made against him before he reached the status he has.
guilty or not he needs to face this head on to recover any sort of standing in the public arena.

Assange was already well known before the release of the U.S cables....... do you recall the U.S Helicopter footage leaked of the gunning down of the Reuters journalists ?

As the extract posted in my previous posts claims , Assange sought permission from the Swedish authorities to leave the country.

I`ll post it again...

It is highly irregular and unusual for the Swedish authorities to issue a red notice in the teeth of the undisputed fact that Mr Assange has agreed to meet voluntarily to answer the prosecutor's questions. Mr Assange has repeatedly sought meetings with the prosecutrix – both in Sweden and subsequently – in order to answer her questions and clear his name. It is relevant that Mr Assange sought permission from the prosecutrix to leave Sweden and she gave him her permission. Since leaving Sweden Mr Assange has continued to seek meetings with the prosecutrix, but his requests have either been ignored or met with a refusal."

link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
you want to take anyone out you call rape or child molester and the game is up. whether it was true or not.
assange is being set up, but i seriously doubt they get their filthy grubbers on him

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Ok, let's see if I understand your post: if a rape victim is a feminist or a Christian and the man is not she's just making it up, right? Plus, she did (supposidly) have sex with him before, so that takes away her right to say no, right? Even in Swedian neither of those are true. Did you know that it's common practice both here AND in Sweden to drop charges against a possible rapist if the DNA has not been tested before they are set to start trial? They dismiss the case without prejudice so that if more evidence becomes available the offender can be brought back up on the same charges without double jeopardy applying and with the offender's right to a speedy trail still intact. This is common because it protects both parties' interests until the full scope of the evidence is available. So, yes, the charges were dropped and then refiled. This was probably not the victim's choice since neither Sweden or the USA leaves this up to the victim(s). I really have no interest in Julian, but I do have a problem with ANYONE picking apart someone that could have endured the most horrible experience of her life. How would you feel if this was your mom or sister and someone was putting this material up about her? Use some common sense people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join